Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App isn't connecting to my tracker.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been trying to connect for about an hour and a half and I have tried restarting my phone and Bluetooth setting. I have also tried resetting my tracker about 4 times. I keep trying "add a new device" on the app but it keeps just saying connecting to tracker for 10-15 minutes. Am I doing something wrong? I followed all the instructions. Even the ones on here. Tried several different things but nothing is working. Now I have the tracker on trying to connect and the Bluetooth icon keeps popping up then disappearing.
Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Please note I have tried all the advice above in this thread and none of it has worked. I’ve had my Fitbit charge hr since February and it’s been perfectly fine until the most recent iOS update - which yes, is the most up to date one and I have restarted and resintalled everything 

Best Answer

I'm having this same problem, and like etakpotkins, it's only been in the past week or so. I have completely unpaired my Surge and when I try to reconnect it, the app says "We found your Surge! Connecting to Tracker..." and it just spins and spins, nothing ever happens.

Best Answer

I just got a Charge 2 and it won’t connect to my iPhone. I’ve tried all the combinations and various restarts. Nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BecTone, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? If so, as you have already restarted your tracker and phone, I would like to suggest the following in order to try to set up your tracker:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone by going to Setting > Bluetooth. Do not turn it off/on through the Control Center.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal.
  3. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  4. Restart your tracker one more time and leave it plugged in and charging

Then, try to set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a new device. I installed, deleted and reinstalled the app a few times last night. I let the Charge 2 charge over night and tried again this morning. I reset and connected to Wi-fi. Now it is stuck on the app screen with the message “Connecting to Fitbit...” it’s been stuck for at least 30 minutes. How long should it take? It showed on my Bluetooth settings screen for a while. Now it’s gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried this. Still getting stuck “Connecting to Fitbit...” in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge not syncing for months.  Removed app and reinstalled, turned off and on Bluetooth didn’t work.  Still searching and nothing happens.  Ready to throw the thing in the trash. So frustrated 

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! A friend of mine encouraged me to get this. I’ve spent over 8 hours and I’m nothing but frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BecTone, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @Megvo, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@Megvo, thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further as they have already worked with you about this issue in the past. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

@BecTone, I have checked with our Support Team and it seems you have already created a case and our team has already provided you a resolution. I'm glad.

Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have Fitbit Surge and Charge 2. after last app update i can't connect any of them.

I restarted app, phone,Bluetooth and trackers. Still connecting to tracker...

Is something wrong with IOS latest update? Please help.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I having been trying for 2 days to set up my new Charge 2 without luck. I have gone through all the steps you have recommended for other people with the same problem multiple times and the device will not connect. Very frustrated

Best Answer

Hello @xercise4life and @Mszymczak, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps described earlier. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > Bluetooth and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Afterwards, restart your phone and try to set up your Fitbit tracker as a new device once again:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue, tried everything listed here and more been at it for more than and hour and no luck. Device worked fine couple months ago now doesnt connect...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @heatherbergeron, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps listed above. At this time I would like to gather some information from you so I can determine our next step, please reply with as much information as you can:

• iPhone/iPad model you're currently using.
  • OS version running on your mobile device.
  • App version currently installed on your device (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Fitbit tracker model you're having trouble with. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung galaxy j36

Version 2.65.1

Fitblit flex 

Not sure what os version is

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you have received my reply, waiting for advice

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @heatherbergeron, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two days ago my tracker stopped connecting to the app.

I have done everythjing sufggested and it still does not work.

Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help!  Using the Fitbit Ionic since February without any issues.

Now since 2 weeks, I'm having the same issue as everyone it seems- not finding my fitbit, no synchronization possible.  I'm participating in a number of challenges of my company where I was in leading position, everyone is questioning now where I am - very frustrating ...

Iphone 6s - version iOS 11.3.1

Went through every recommendation you all made, over and over again for 2 weeks now at different locations, etc etc  very frustrating - should be motivating you to live healthy but it just creates a lot of stress instead and costed me a lot of money. Anyone to advise anything else than always the same, which doesn't work? Many thanks for your advice.  Kr, 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The thing that worked for me was contacting Fitbit. They ended up exchanging my Charge 2 for a new one and it has been working beautifully since the the first day.
Best Answer