Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App showing a red dot when I don't have more notifications.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I have notifications from when I first bought my Fitbit - April 19th - to June 18th.  I've not received any more notifications since then - even when all my settings say I should.  As well - there is a red dot on the notification icon telling me I have new messages - when I do not.  

I have logged out of my Fitbit.  I have turned off Bluetooth. I have turned off my phone.  I have turned my phone back on.  I opened my Fitbit app.  Turned on my Bluetooth. They synced.  I made sure all-day sync is on.

Still - the Notifications have not changed.  The red dot still there telling me I have new messages when I do not.  I have touched each message - and they don't change.

As well - I'm not receiving notifications from my phone to my Fitbit telling me someone has messaged me.  The notification is on on my Fitbit.  

I'd appreciate any help......

Thank you!!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JoyfulStephanie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for coming back. Don't worry, if you're not able to locate the Account icon on the Fitbit app, please refer to this picture:

Account.png

The Account icon is on the top right corner of the screen. After tapping on it, scroll down until you find "Notifications", in here you will be able to manage the notifications you receive in the Fitbit app. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @JoyfulStephanie, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps tried so far in hopes to resolve this issue. When it comes to the red dot, I have receive some reports about this situation and I'll make sure to pass your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more to share with you, I'll make sure to update this thread. 

Now, as you're mentioning you're not getting Notifications when someone messages you, please go the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Notifications and check if "Messages from Friends" is enabled. If it's already enabled, disable it, force-quit the app and once you open it again, enable "Messages from Friends" again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much @MarcoGFitbit Marco for your reply and your welcome to me into the Fitbit community!  🙂  

I look forward to your reply when a solution is found about the red dot - notification dot - telling me I have new messages - when I do not - as well as clearing the notifications that seem "frozen" from April 19th - June 18th.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have searched the Fitbit app on my phone and cannot find Account to tap on to see if "Messages from Friends" is either enabled or not.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JoyfulStephanie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for coming back. Don't worry, if you're not able to locate the Account icon on the Fitbit app, please refer to this picture:

Account.png

The Account icon is on the top right corner of the screen. After tapping on it, scroll down until you find "Notifications", in here you will be able to manage the notifications you receive in the Fitbit app. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer

That worked!  Thank you @MarcoGFitbit for the visual guide!!!

S, 🙂

Best Answer

Hello @JoyfulStephanie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know my latest post was helpful for you, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same exact thing happened to me.  I have checked my account notification settings, and everything is good there.  I’m looking for any help in correcting?  I have not received any new notifications since June.

Best Answer

Hello @RoyalTea, thanks for joining us, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that step goal based Notifications were removed in June because it was heavily requested. These Notifications will only show as push Notifications on your phone and will no longer appear in the Notification tab. Now, if you're seeing the red dot and have no pending Notifications or Messages I would like to suggest you the following:

• Force-quit the app, then open it again. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Sync your tracker one last time, uninstall and reinstall the app. (uninstalling the app will not delete the information already stored in your account)

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted. 

Best Answer
Thank you.
It worked completing all the steps you listed.

Della
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RoyalTea, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know my instructions were helpful for you, I'm very glad! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all the steps.  The one which worked for me was uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wonderful!!! I'll try that!! Thank you!! :)))
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JoyfulStephanie and @eileen2303, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@eileen2303, thanks for letting us know that uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked for you, I'm very glad. 

@JoyfulStephanie, if you try to uninstall and reinstall the app, please make sure to sync your Fitbit device one last time before uninstalling the app to prevent any data loss. Remember that all the data already synced to the app gets stored in our servers, when you install the app back, the information will still be there. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco,

I have tried all of the steps above and still continue to get the red notification dot every time I open the app. Hoping you can please help.

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same problem, have tried all of the steps above and nothing is working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Winston13 and @westcoasthiker, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Our team is aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future (which doesn't mean they're not working on it). We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer

I am constantly receiving a notice that I have new messages in my app, but when I go look there are no new ones. Is there a way to stop this? Or is there a way to delete old messages?

Best Answer
0 Votes
@KateFitbit: Not sure this is related but I am also experiencing issues with the notifications advice since the app update. It constantly alerts me (on the dashboard ribbon) to having a new notification, but in reality there is neither a new / unread notification or message.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the same notification issue since the last update. There hasn’t been any recent notifications despite the red dot showing there has.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. It would be nice if we could be able to just delete the messages. I have messages from over 60 days ago.
I have logged out and shut the phone down then logging back in. I have deleted the app and shut the phone down, then reinstalled and logged in.

It is still there and very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes