Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App will not sync; displays “Looking”

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When attempting to sync app with iPhone 8, only “Looking” displays.  I have restarted the charge with no luck.  Help!!

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27
Sorry I am unclear as to how to update my iconic.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The app refreshed. 

And now my Alta hr syncs ok. 

Min addition, I restarted the charge 2 and is also syncing ok now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Last night deleted the app on reinstalling my iconic synced. Tonight it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your trackers are now syncing correctly, I'm very glad!

@dave__w and @lily18, have you tried to restart your tracker lately? If so, I would like to suggest you to try to set up your tracker as a new device in your account to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that. Didn’t work. Ive tried everything 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Switched watch off and on. This worked. X

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Haven’t been able to sync since Thursday. I tried all of the things you suggested and it still won’t sync on my iPhone 6s or my android tablet and now my Bluetooth can’t find it either. I did install the update today hoping that would help but no... If I delete the app and reinstall will I lose all my data from the last 2+ years? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dave__w and @lily18, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to have you on board @Peggyh1961, thanks for joining the conversation. 

@lily18, I appreciate you have come back and let me know the troubleshooting steps you've performed in order to resolve this issue, I'm very glad they worked! 

@Peggyh1961, please note that the information already stored in your account will not be deleted if you uninstall the app, as this information gets stored in our servers. Keep in mind though, that if your syncing with two devices, it's possible your tracker established a Bluetooth link with one of them, preventing the other from syncing. To check this, go to the Bluetooth settings of your devices and check if the tracker appears under the paired list of devices. If it is on the list, tap on it and select "Forget this Device", then try to set up your tracker as a new device on once of your mobile devices making sure the other one is turned off. 

@dave__w, thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer