Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App will not sync; displays “Looking”

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When attempting to sync app with iPhone 8, only “Looking” displays.  I have restarted the charge with no luck.  Help!!

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I'm having the same problem with my flex. just stopped syncing one day and will not sync back. just keeps "looking"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this is planned obsolence on part of Fitbit. I notice when I exercise my heart rate does not change from a 10 hb/min range. I have had 3 years so this is how hardware dies

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I have had the Fitbit iconic for 3 months. Let’s hope not obsolete already

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with the alta HR and charge 2, on iphone X.

I have tried downloading the latest iOS software update, on/off bluetooth, restarting, deleting app.

And then after removing the devices from the bluetooth setting, the devices won't pair anymore. This is very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep I have tried all of the above.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

This all sounds very bother some, let me help you out.

Please try the follow these steps I have shared before. Usually they help get this situations resolved.

If you have already tried those steps to no avail, I'd like to ask you to please try a different device to try and sync your Fitbit. This should let us know where the issue is coming from and find the best way forward.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Many thanks! I stumbled upon a solution. I decided to reboot my phone and IT WORKED!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I have tried this one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks

I have tried this one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to try another device. I am not sure how to blue tooth to my mac

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it all before and done it so many times

my iPhone X will pair with my earphones and car - all third party. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @pearls15@lily18 and @SunsetRunner.

@pearls15 Glad to read that! Now you can continue to reach all of your goals.

@lily18 and @SunsetRunner, Thanks for letting me know. I'd definitely recommend that you try to sync with a different device to see what happens. It would really help me find the best way forward for you. You can follow these instructions on how to run the setup on different devices.

Please let me know how it goes or if there are any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
So my fit bit iconic will no longer sync with iPhone or Bluetooth ear phones.

Lil

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem-- on 3/19 my ios app updated and my Flex2 will no longer sync.  I've tried all troubleshooting steps (removing from app, from bluetooth devices, adding new, rebooting, etc.) and have also tried pairing with a different device.... no luck.

Please advise on next steps!

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lily18, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to have you on board @Hueby46, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have both tried already several troubleshooting steps in hopes to resolve this issue. @lily18, in your case I would like to ask you to update your Fitbit Ionic if you haven't done it yet as a new firmware update has just been released, then try to sync your tracker and keep me updated in case it's still unable to sync. 

@Hueby46, thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive also tried everything. Fully charged, app delete then reinstall, delete fitbit retry...everything....nothing works

given up and have stopped wearing it. Even the charger is giving me problems. Have to fumble with that to get it to even charge 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like there may have been another ios update pushed out last night, as my Flex2 is syncing as normal now.  YOu can cancel the support request.

Thanks!

Best Answer
My iconic is still not syncing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes