Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't let me log in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Every time I try to log into the Fitbit app it tells me me email or password are incorrect. When I log in through the website though it works. I'm trying to login so I can pair my new device, any ideas on what I can do to get the app to work?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I log in via FB on desktop.  Had to change FB password, now cant log in on Android.  I use the same credentials, but it says incorrect.  It is not giving me the option to log in via FB as it did the first time I installed it.  The only other change is this happened right after the launch of the new dashboard.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

@Rmkelly12 Does rebooting your iOS device help?

If rebooting doesn't help, does resetting your Fitbit account password help?

Keep me posted!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I can't login on my new phone using the correct credentials. I unpaired my fitbit from my previous phone and logged out then tried again but to no avail. What else can I do? I've tried resetting the password 3 times.

Best Answer
Same problem here. Can't log in at fitbit app. But Ok on website. HELP
Best Answer

Hello @APerez and @iOpenerMD, and welcome to the Fitbit Community!

When typing data on fields, iOS keyboards capitalize the first letter, which might cause trouble with case sensitive fields, like passwords. Have you checked if this is happening in your case? If you're still not able to log in after and as you have restarted your password several times, it will be very helpful if both of you could reply to me with the error message you're receiving to investigate this further. Smiley Wink

I'll be around, keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
The same thing has been happening to me for 10 days. It's infuriating. My case number is 14977693, it has been escalated to the engineering department for resolution, but I haven't heard from them. Any idea on what's going on?!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. I tried everything, nothing works.

Website log in works, app log in gives the message to check my e-mail and password data. Uninstalled, reinstalled, reboot, reset etc.

Any help, quite frusturated with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Until now I can not use my Fitbit Aria, since the app won't allow me to Log-in!

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried to log in 2 days ago and it worked. I haven't heard anything from Fitbit for about 5 days, when I asked for an update and they said it was still being worked on by the engineering team. I've no idea what they did, but it works now?!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Caitlin594@iOpenerMD and welcome aboard to our Community @demir.

The initial step would be to try the recommendations from my friend @MarcoGFitbit. I wonder If you have tried this already @demir?

I don't recommend to unistall and reinstall the app frequently as this may caused you loose your information in the worst of the scenarios. This is only for specific cases as a last resource.

@iOpenerMD, If you have tried to reset your password and the issue persists, I recommend to approach to our Support Team so they can review if your case is a glitch too as @Caitlin594 mentioned before.

Also thank you @Caitlin594 for let us know the issue was resolved in your case and you are back on track again. I'm sorry you have experienced these issues with your account.

Thank you for your patience and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So here I am thinking I was the only person with this problem. I am out of the country in an isolated location and packed my Fitbit Blaze thinking I would get maximum use out of it. My Blaze starts acting up and only syncing to the dashboard and not my challenges. I followed the trouble shooting methods that instructed me to take the Blaze off of my account and add it back and what do you know it won't add back. I call the fitbit customer service support and they are walking me through trouble shooting steps, one of which is to log out of my app and what do you know now my app won't log back in even with the correct information. I have tried every possible step. This is beyond frustrating. If I were in a location where I could buy a different type of tracker I would just give up on Fitbit all together. The time when it means the most I can't even use my tracker.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues stated above. My login works on the computer but not through the app. Can't set up my new fit but flex2 to the app. It won't let me log in or create a new account. I have reset my password. Reinstalled the app 3 times and still the same errors. What next?  I have an iPhone 7 plus

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are saying that the new IOS isn't compatible with the Fitbit app. I have been without my Fitbit for over two weeks at this point. I am out of country expecting to get the most out of it with all the walking and climbing I've been doing. There is no estimated time of what it will be working so I guess you can either be patient or just be angry lol. Good luck my friend.

"Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have." - James Baldwin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh.. I'm frustrated. Thank you for the update tho 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Dsleven and @Csend. Glad you have joined to our Fitbit Community.

So @Dsleven, how is working your Blaze so far? Is still giving you issues to sync with your challenges? I wonder if you are having the same issue to log in to your Fitbit account too? Here are a few reasons on this post why your Blaze is not syncing your steps to your challenges in case you still need help.

@Csend this is a glitch affecting in some rare occasions our user's account. My initial recommendation would be to review the user you are using is the correct email/password combination. Since you are able to log in to your Computer, create an account there and if you already have one try to reset your password using the "Forgot Password" link on the iOS App. After resetting the password, try to log in to the app again.

If it fails again, I recommend to approach to our Support Team for additional help, by letting them know all the steps you have tried. They have more tools that might help you to get you back on track if the issue persists.

See you around. For more questions keep me updated.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello All,

Thanks for attempt to provide me with alternate ways to fix my issues. I am still having all of the same issues. I have spoke to countless Fitbit customer service representatives and I'm pretty sure they are just ignoring my attempts at finding a solution at this point. I have been without use of my Fitbit Blaze for over 3 weeks now. I guess they are showing me how much I don't need fitness tracker. If I can do without for three weeks, I can do without forever. Makes perfect sense right?

-Dexter

"Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have." - James Baldwin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the tips but I have already done that many times. I did call Fitbit and they were unable to help me as well. I have a case number and still haven't been contacted with a solution. They said their engineers are working on the issue and aware of it. If you have any other solutions please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to log into my app since 3 Nov 2016. I have contacted Fitbit help via twitter, the Fitbit website and live chat. Each time I do not get any answers just the same old 'have you checked for typos?' questions. I am astounded that a company like Fitbit offers zero customer service and assistance. I am so disappointed that I am returning my Fitbit surge and warning everyone of the company  - what's the point of having a tracker if I can't track on my phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just recently I was able to log in. Try again and see if it works.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This seems to be what happens...Fitbit don't let you know but do something behind the scenes to get the app working. Mine is now working out of the blue after 2 months of trying!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes