Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't let me log in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Every time I try to log into the Fitbit app it tells me me email or password are incorrect. When I log in through the website though it works. I'm trying to login so I can pair my new device, any ideas on what I can do to get the app to work?
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52
Yeah I think so. It might be too late for me. I've missed the perfect time to use it and after going more than a month it's looking more like an unnecessary device.

"Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have." - James Baldwin
Best Answer

My app would not sync this morning. I tried all the things to re-boot: turniing blue tooth off and on, restarting my phone and logging out of the app. Now, the the app will not let me log back in. I can log in to the website, but not the app. The wheel just spins. If I try to re-set the password, I get an error message. I also reset my tracker. But, I can't get back into the app, and can't sync. This is super frustrating. I get this error message if I try to reset the password, even though my password works on the site. It says Failed to Send and whole bunch of numbers and timestamp

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my HR Charge!

Best Answer

Hi Marco,

Last night my fitbit would not sync to my app.  I restarted my IOS device, deleted the fitbit app, and reinstalled.  Now, my app will not allow me to log in.  I have reset my password.  My log in credentials allow me to log in via the website, but when I try to log in via the app, I don't receive any error messages, but it just tells me its "logging in".  Please help, Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I filed a claim with Fitbit. Then after a week or so I tried again and it worked. Fit but knows they have this issue and maybe they need to work with each claim individually.. not sure. But they never notified me they fixed the problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you very much for your response! i'm working with someone at customer service, but i'm thinking it's an app issue on my phone. so bizarre!

Jordyn Rothenberg
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I had Fitbit on my iPhone 6s and just  uploaded my data to An iPhone 7S. I cannot get logged into Fitbit. It keeps telling me to check my password. I reset it a few times and it still won't let me in . I deleted and reinstalled the app and same thing occurs.  I can access my data on the Internet but my app is no working. What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey! So I actually reset my phone and afterwards it worked!

Jordyn Rothenberg
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem! it started when I updatet the app. still haven't found a solution to log back in again and now are not able to see my daily results for over a week... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@avg I've seen a few instances in the Community where configuring your iOS date & time settings to "Set Automatically" resolves users' log in problems.

You can verify that this settings is on by: opening your iOS settings > tap General > tap Date & Time > and verify that 'Set Automatically' is toggled on.

Please keep me posted if you need any additional help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hello. I have been unable to login to my Fitbit app from my iPhone for at least 2 months. I updated my phone's iOS twice now to the most current system. I have reset my Fitbit and reinstalled the Fitbit app. When I try to login I type my username and correct password and the thinking wheel spins and spins but I never get logged in. No error message pops up. If I stayed on the page the wheel just spins forever (over 10 minutes I've waited so far).  I have successfully logged in with the same name and password on both my sister and boyfriends phones successfully. Why can't I get in on my own phone? I am beyond frustrated 😞 please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Have you updated the Fitbit app and restarted your phone recently? If you have and are still not able to log in to your Fitbit account from your phone but are able to log in through other devices, please go to your phone Settings > General > Date & Time and check that Set Automatically is enabled. Then go to the Fitbit app again and try to log in again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Yay it's working. The setting in the date/time section was not on. Thank you for the very prompt response and solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you solved your problem? Happens the same to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're having a great day! @Giannni95, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Community! Smiley Very Happy

@SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm very glad you're now able to log in to your account through the Fitbit app.

@Giannni95, have you tried the instructions in my previous post? Usually, setting up your Date & Time to automatic on your phone (Settings > General > Date & Time) will let you log in to the Fitbit app. However, I would also like to suggest restarting the password for your account in case you're still unable to log in. 

Give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
Thanks, it worked
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Giannni95, I hope you're having a great day. Thanks for taking the time to reply and letting me know you were able to log back in to your account, I'm glad.

If case you have some time to spare, I would like to invite you to check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle.

Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I log in via FB on desktop.  Had to change FB password, now cant log in on Android.  I use the same credentials, but it says incorrect.  It is not giving me the option to log in via FB as it did the first time I installed it.  The only other change is this happened right after the launch of the new dashboard.

Best Answer

Hello @smacattack, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

If you're using Facebook to log in to your online Dashboard and you have recently changed your Facebook password, when you try to log in to the Fitbit app, please type in the email and the new password used for your Facebook account. 

If you're still not able to log in, please reply to me with a screenshot of the Fitbit app so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant sent a screen shot from my phone cause it only says, email or password invalid.

I notice this is SOLVED - I am on an Android not an IOS phone.  I have already checked the date/time - it has been on auto.  I uninstalled app multiple times.  After I got desktop via web log in set, I reinstalled app - still does not allow me to log in.

Best Answer