Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Health Plans 2017

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will Fitbit change course and sync with Apple Health in 2017?

Refusing to integrate with Apple does not secure nor improve Fitbit's position in Fitness tracker market.  

---------- Carpe diem - exercise!
Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

I still like the form factors that Fitbit uses, especially the One.

Yeah Fitbit is trying to build their own ecosystem but is going to be crushed by Apple Watch.

Problem is, you really should only have to buy a fitness tracker once every several years.  But Fitbit can't survive on an upgrade cycle of more than 2 years.

Hell even smart phone makers are struggling to convince people to upgrade every 2 years these days.  Smart phones benefit from improvements in processors and new batteries while fitness trackers should be one of those things you buy once.

Of course the reliability of Fitbit is not the greatest.

But in general, selling dedicated fitness trackers is not a sustainable business.  So Fitbit is migrating more towards smart watch or at least doing many of the things smart watches do, such as displaying phone notifications.

But right now, there is only one smart watch platform which is getting any kind of significant sales.

Fitbit has problems but compatibility with Apple Health is not their biggest problem right now.

Best Answer

Apple Health is becoming a hub.  Providers are now able to put patient information there. It’s helpful to have it all in one app. If Apple Health was not a “real” priority for Fitbit before,  it’s about to become an even bigger headache. The only thing keeping Fitbit afloat right now is partnership with corporations and health programs. Apple gets multiple day batteries on their watch and fotbit is history. Apple partners with corporations to give subsidized watches even v1 or v2, and Fitbit is history. They’re walking a thin line and ignoring the voice of their customers. I don’t see increasing sales...But by all means Fitbit, copy and paste generic answer about evaluating blah blah blah lol  

Best Answer

Now it's apparent why Fitbit refused to integrate with Apple Health and why it's never coming...they're partnering with Google to create something similar to what Apple is doing with Health Care Providers

https://investor.fitbit.com/press/press-releases/press-release-details/2018/Fitbit-and-Google-Announ...

Best Answer

What a shame Fitbit are narrowing their sights in this way. I’ve enjoyed using mine, apart from the lack of integration with the Apple Health app, but the day they hook me up to Google is the day I take my Fitbit off — I value my privacy too much to have it abused by Google. 

Best Answer

This is not a solution.  Your doing a HORRIBLE job of improving your customer experience.  We will also no longer buy FitBit products if Apple health Sync is not offered.

Best Answer
It’s clear that Fitbit doesn’t want to play with the Apple eco system and no amount of complaining will make a difference. So just do what I did, gave my old Fitbit to one of the kids and bought myself a new Garmin watch - problem solved.

Con...

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse typing errors.
Best Answer

Bought an Apple Watch. Problem solved for me. For sleep tracking I bought the new oura ring. Both way better. 

Best Answer

I have the same setup – Apple Watch and the Oura Ring. I got my first Oura ring during the initial Kickstarter years ago and have never looked back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Humanista, does the Garmin sync with Apple Health?
Regards / Jarod
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeagr wrote:
Humanista, does the Garmin sync with Apple Health?
Regards / Jarod

I don't use Garmin. I use Apple Watch and Oura Ring – the Oura Ring syncs with Apple Health Kit. Per a Google search: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=lK5FPB9iPF5PXFkIpFlFPA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve always been happy with my fFitbit but after the latest update screwed up my step tracking (still not fixed) and the lack of Apple Health integration ever coming, I’m out.  I didn’t choose integration with Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nor me. They treat their customers badly.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeagr

Yes ..Garmin syncs to Apple Health. 

But it don’t reads data like weight, fat percentage etc. So you would need a Garmin compatible scale too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern and how important it is for you that the Fitbit app can sync with Apple Health. At this moment there are no plans to implement this feature however, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

I hope this can be helpful and resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. Happy stepping!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco,

I appreciate a slightly less canned response.  However, the integration with iOS Health App currently has 7,544 votes.  How many votes does it take for FitBit to see that there is a significant amount of users that want to use their products?  The longer this is delayed the more users are lost.  I gave up and switched to an Apple Watch.  After years of being pro-FitBit and anti-AppleWatch, I now see what seemlessness can be.  As such, I can't see myself going back to FitBit.

Best Answer
And this is why my next one will be an Apple Watch.
Best Answer

At least Fitbit is finally being honest about not having any plans to implement.  Whereas before it was the, "We're looking into it" line.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for voicing your feedback about this situation. Even though an integration with Apple Health is not foreseen in the near future, the Fitbit Web API is available for any 3rd-party developers that would be able to create an iOS app that would sync Fitbit data with the Health app. 

Once again, I appreciate your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
And mine

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dachary, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

Please note that as mentioned earlier, our team does not have plans to include an integration between Fitbit and Apple Watch. I understand your concern about this but we do not have any new updated at this moment. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes