Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Health Plans 2017

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will Fitbit change course and sync with Apple Health in 2017?

Refusing to integrate with Apple does not secure nor improve Fitbit's position in Fitness tracker market.  

---------- Carpe diem - exercise!
Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

This was unnecessarily long-winded just to tell us that there actually isn’t an acceptable solution. Third party apps cost money and are riddled with bugs. I did not know fitbit couldn’t sync with my Apple health data until I tried to set it up, and I feel misled. I paid for a tracker to more accurately count my steps and all I got was a watch that hates my phone 

Best Answer

Oh boy! Do I agree!

Best Answer

Hi everybody, thanks for your participation on the Forums.

Thank you for your suggestions. As we mentioned before,  we are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals. For the past few years, we’ve been the leader in developing direct partnerships through our open API with hundreds of the most popular health apps, wellness programs, incentive systems, and other services that have enabled people like you to make the most of your products and data. In addition, the launch of Fitbit Ionic has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community.

With regards to your proposed integrations, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This post is patronizing and purposely abstruse. Please be straightforward.

With more murky responses like this, I will leave Fitbit for good.
Best Answer
So, they have no intentions to make it easier for iPhone users. I get the message loud and clear!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I find it fairly ridiculous that you continue to respond with the cut and paste company line without actually saying anything at all.  It is obvious that Fitbit has no intention of partnering with Apple or the Apple Watch.  This is absolutely to Fitbit's loss.  When you could be including and involving a larger group of people and have them inside your app, you would rather exclude them to your own demise.

I am uninstalling fitbit on my iPhone.  As far as I'm concerned this company simply doesn't care enough to be honest to it's users.

Best Answer

FitBit has been great for the past 8 months, but since they have a track record of dying after 1 year, AND since FitBit has not been able to work with the iPhone Apple Health app after 4 years of requests, I will be in the market for a different health tracker. 

Best Answer
I’m shocked by Fitbit reaction. This is totally unprofessional. My watch was a gift from my son. I won’t be buying another one.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Many years have passed now we look forward to hearing from you soon!!!

Best Answer

This is not the solution your customers want. Your customers want you to provide data to Apple’s Health app. 

Best Answer

Over 6800 votes for this integration and still getting canned responses.  Way to go FitBit!  I got tired of waiting and switched to an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Fitbit announced a new smart watch today.

You missed out!

Best Answer

Lol...missed out how?  Still no integration.

Best Answer

How is this in any way better than my Apple Watch?  It has a longer battery life?  That's great...it doesn't do half the stuff the Apple Watch does and as mentioned before...still no integration....

Best Answer

Well it's better for Fitbit if you buy their product.  😉

BTW, I noticed the other day the Fitbit logo on some NBA team jerseys.

Didn't think they were so flush with cash that they could do that kind of marketing.

Best Answer

I didn't miss out. I bought a beautiful Apple watch and AirPods. What a great combination when going to the gym or taking a walk. Fitbit. I use you to monitor my sleep. I am looking for an alternative that works with Healthkit. As soon as I do, bye, bye Fitbit. Like another user stated. Fitbit devices don't last for more than a year anyway. 

Bye Fitbit

Best Answer
Amen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Well please continue to reconsider this. The Health app for iOS serves as a very nice central location of health info at integrates with a very diverse set of 3rd party health apps. I won't bother adding duplicate info into the FitBit app (weight, food, etc). Which means I'll use the FitBit app less. Which means, over time, maybe I won't use it at all.

Best Answer

I wonder how many other enhancements were added that had significantly less votes.

Best Answer

Goldman Said sach downgrades the stock today saying it cannot see the floor. It lost 9% while Apple with its focus on health and smart watches has been increasing in values. Fitbit, continue to infinite your customers and you will all soon be looking for new jobs. I stopped using my FItbit, occasionally I’ll wear it for the silent alarm.  

Being closed door was what killed Blackberry. Who uses BBM anymore? No one. In a couple years, I will ask who uses Fotbit anymore, we’ll see what the answer will be. 

Best Answer