Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Health Plans 2017

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will Fitbit change course and sync with Apple Health in 2017?

Refusing to integrate with Apple does not secure nor improve Fitbit's position in Fitness tracker market.  

---------- Carpe diem - exercise!
Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just discovered Ski Tracks is not compatible with my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I share your frustration. However, I love my Fitbit Charge 2. It works perfectly and appears to be reliable - much improved. My use model is that I wear my larger Apple Watch 3 during the day and the FitBit at night. I also wear the Fitbit if I am going to do some rough work, i.e. yard work, play volleyball, etc. Fitbit does not have to worry about me going completely over to Apple Watch and vice-versa. I want to use both products. I just wish they would play nice together; meaning I need Fitbit to work with Apple Heath Kit and other "kits" in iOS. Is that too much to ask? Anyway, for now, I am still going to use my Fitbit and probably buy another, but I am not happy and I will be on the lookout to shift to a competitor as soon as one is available. Cheers!

Best Answer

It would be so great if they would fix this.  Fitbit is not going to win against the Apple Watch.  Fitbit definitely does fitness tracking best right now, but Apple Watch is a much better platform for EVERYTHING else.

I just find it really stupid that I can carry my phone around with me all day (which is an iPhone) and it will track my steps, but my Apple Watch won't....

Best Answer

@PastorMatt wrote:

I just find it really stupid that I can carry my phone around with me all day (which is an iPhone) and it will track my steps, but my Apple Watch won't....

Yes its stupid. It would be easy for Fitbit to modify their app to read steps from both iPhone and Apple Watch. Fitbit thinks like a hardware company, and most decisions are guided by creating reasons to drive upgrade sales to existing customers.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Ultimately it’s gonna bite them in the posterior...Integrating with Apple Watch would most likely add users.  But now that they’re pushing the Ionic and Microsoft integration it could well be a very costly misstep.

Best Answer

I wonder if Apple protects you GPS location data or do they put anonymous data up on the web for anyone to see.  Funny how anonymous data is not so anonymous if you are a soldier station at anybod the hundreds of bases we, The USA, have throughout the world.   I doubt Apple would do that.  But Fitbit obviously does according to recent reports.  Shame on you Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

@Blithespirit wrote:

Hello @bbarrera,

I use "MyFitnessPal" also. Not with a scale, but with the "Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate." The steps being reported to my Healthkit is off by 30% or more. I suspect it is not the Fitbit data, but the data reported by my iPhone itself (the phone will record steps without a fitness tracker, try it and see). Since my phone sits on a desk most of the day, I am only recording steps when I take my iPhone with me. 

Also, Heathkit is getting no heart rate data and that is very important to me. 

I think maybe the best way to get heart rate data would be to get an Apple Watch.  Not a good answer if you've already invested in a Fitbit device for heart rate but you know the Apple Watch will be supported by Apple for their own Apple Health app.

There were some good sales on Series 1 and Series 2 Apple Watches over Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  If you don't need LTE connectivity, then you don't have to buy the latest Series 3.

I think if you get a Fitbit device, the most you can expect is that the device will support Fitbit's ecosystem, not Apple's.

Fitbit has had 3 years to support Healthkit and if they haven't done it by now, it's unlikely they will.

I wonder if Apple protects you GPS location data or do they put anonymous data up on the web for anyone to see.  Funny how anonymous data is not so anonymous if you are a soldier station at anybod the hundreds of bases we, The USA, have throughout the world.   I doubt Apple would do that.  But Fitbit obviously does according to recent reports.  Shame on you Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought Strava was the app that had the maps online, not Fitbit. If you don't turn off share mapping, you would have the same situation regardless of Apple Watch or Fitbit. This is why it is so important to understand the share settings.

Best Answer

You call this being solved? Pathetic... Fitbit Blaze is the last Fitbit product I purchased.

Best Answer

I bought my fitbit ALTA HR because I thought it worked with iPhones, like it says it does. It works partially with the iPhone. This is bull. I feel ripped off. 

Best Answer

Or since Apple is being the closed system issue, switch to Android. 

Best Answer

I don’t think Apple is closed to anyone who develops an app that meets there specs.  This is why Apple apps are more secure than android.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

As has been mentioned numerous times on these boards, this is not an Apple issue. This is a "Fitbit doesn't want to play well with others" issue. One can switch to Android, but you will find that Fitbit doesn't sync with the Google platform either. Fitbit's master plan is that you store all your personal data in the Fitbit ecosystem and as a result, Fitbit refuses to sync with other platforms. If you want a tracker that syncs with Apple and do not want an Apple Watch there are many alternatives such as Withings/Nokia, Garmin, Xiaome, and many others. 

Best Answer

wrote:

Or since Apple is being the closed system issue, switch to Android. 

Not true, RustyCow. My wife and my sister in law bought cheap Chinese bands on eBay for £30 and £10(!). Whereas they are simple and not as ‘smart looking’ as Fitbit, each device features notifications and works with its own app (VeryFitPro and Smart Wristband2). Both apps automatically and fully integrate with Apple Health with no problems. I’d expect my £180 Blaze should do at least the same when advertised as ‘iOS compatible’. So it’s not an ‘Apple issue’ - it’s Fitbit’s. I understand why Google Wear doesn’t offer 100% compatibility with iOS - they’re trying to sell their own phones and os too. But why does Fitbit do it? I feel ripped of and stupid for spending this much money, when I could have had all I needed for £150 less. 

Best Answer

I couldn’t agree more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for all the replies. I know people have strong feelings regarding Apple and Android, and I didn't mean to kick up anyone's ire about that. I have an iPhone and I want fitbit to work with my iPhone. I know Apple's closed, I know people have their particular OS religions, but I just want it to sync with the Health functionality on my iPhone without going through a bunch of dodgy third party apps. I bought the fitbit because I thought it did everything I needed that the Apple Watch did, but was cheaper. I should have just bought the Apple Watch.

Best Answer
I agree. So should I!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I totally agree. I love my Fitbit Flex 2, but am very disappointed my sleep will not sync with my Apple Health😕

Best Answer

What an interesting message! Thank you. My sleep last night wasn’t recorded. Why? Is it because I’m in Australia visiting my son? So for a 7 week old hip, sleep is important. Does anybody else has the same problem or is it just me?

Best Answer