Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned data and exercise data does not tally

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

data from exercise

data from calories burned

Charge 4, iOS

Is there any way to solve this data discrepancy issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Singed.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I appreciate your efforts to provide screenshots, unfortunately I was unable to check them. If possible, please follow these steps to attach a screenshot to your next reply. 

You can find more information on how your device calculates your daily activity at How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit -

<<edit>> correcting "auto-correct"<</edit>>

The first screen shot shows an elliptical exercise beginning at 1:35 pm for 41:45 and a calorie burn of 479 calories, or approximately 11 calories per minute. An even distribution of that calorie burn would give approximately 172 calories per 15-minute period if the calories were distributed evenly. They rarely are, but the average is pertinent when compared with the second screen shot.

The second screen shot shows the 1:30 - 1:45 period with a total of 32 calories with subsequent 15-minute periods showing less calories - looks like 26 to 28 calories for each of the next two 15-minute periods. No way does that add up to 479 calories.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit and @Singed -

Is it possible that the time of the exercise record is off by 4 hours hours?

Look at the calorie burns for the period starting before 10:00 and ending sometime after 10:00. Sure looks like just under 500 calories. Or did you perform another exercise earlier?

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

From what I can see, it's not being calculated into calories

For example, with other Elliptical sessions, the fitbit can show me the fatburn/cardio  percentage.

However for that particular Elliptical session (Monday 1:35PM), there's none.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Singed -

So that earlier activity in the calorie chart was the 10:09 Treadmill session.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMarv you're right. The earlier activity captures the 10:09 treadmill session. So far I haven't seen any time gap between session and actual exercise, at least not up to 4 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes