Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories left doesn't appear on new dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Where did “calories left go” in latest software version? I relied on the prediction of calories for the day for the past 4 years and now all I can find is “calories burned” which doesn’t provide an estimate of how many calories you can expect to expend over the course of the day. How can I get this feature back?!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Hello @Steerio 

just tap the word edit in the upper right side of the main page of the Fitbit app. Scroll down and find what you wish to delete then tap save at the top of the page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the food plan deal and yes,  get those data points and I do see them in the app, which is better than nothing, but the major issue now is that the calories left is calculated differently than it was previously.

Best Answer

Fitbit fixed the calories left issue! Go to the dashboard and click on calories, then click on see more under food plan and you will see a small settings/cog icon in the corner of the food plan box. Click on it and you will see 2 options, “personalized” or “sedentary” and if you pick sedentary, you will see the calories left as it was previously- starts with basal metabolic rate and increases as you are active, so no more forecasting!

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Kpezzoni  Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app has just updated (yesterday) and like so many other people I also used the calories left on a day to day basis.

This is so frustrating it is no longer available going onto the two colour of block rows is no good. 

I was going to update to the new Fitbit for Christmas but I shall not bother now the iwatch seems the better option since neither show calories left at a glance and you get ecg free as often as needed with iwatch. 

Poor show Fitbit another customer unhappy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I hush what I say! 

Just seen a post that said the calories left has been updated 2 hours ago and can be seen if you go to meal plans, I have followed the advice and yes it shows calories left at a glance. 

Brilliant!  Happy again thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @Kpezzoni,
When you say click on calories, is this in the app? Is it the dial saying how many calories burned so far, or the apple logo strip telling how many consumed? I don’t have any options that say ‘see more under food plan’ under either of these? Grateful of any help!

Sent from Jenny's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for not being more clear, you have to do it on the dashboard online.  As far as I could tell there isn't a way to change it on the app.

Best Answer

@Kpezzoni thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have now tried both sedentary and personalised. For me personalised is better, because it is showing a forecast of what is left over, beyond the amount I have set as my minimum daily deficit, so it is showing the max I could eat without missing my goal.  I have never logged on to my computer account before - so it is a bit of an eye opener! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Remind me of the time they removed the date from the watch surface... that was stupid

also reminds of the time you used to be able to push a button at the start and end of exercise and it would tell you calories burnt during that time period. Now it’s a hot mess of trying to guess what I’m doing and it breaks it all up into different activities and I have to add them all up.

I don’t know why they continually go backwards with their functions.

does Apple Watch give predicted calories for end of day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also was very upset with this change.  It made the app pretty useless to me, since that “estimated calories remaining” has been the main thing helping me maintain my weight for 2 years. 

I discovered a workaround. Go to your weight goal instead of your calorie goal. Make your weight goal the same as your current weight, press next until you’ve finished “setting up” the weight goal. The app puts you on maintenance. Now you will have “estimated calories left” just like before. 

I hope this helps some of those of you in the same boat as me. 

Best Answer

Yes!!! This works! Thank you thank you! 
Man, I hadn’t realised just how much I used this until it was gone .

I’m Im happy again now. 

Best Answer
Hi AyIP,

I am now trying your suggestion as it seems it may be a better than setting a calorie deficit - so thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me, too! And you’re welcome. Glad it worked for you, too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't figure this out for the likes of me. Would really appreciate some help. I go on the computer, log on, go to dashboard, and all I can set is my deficit goal, which I now can't undo. Can't figure out how to do the active vs. sedentary option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this! This works great! 

Best Answer

Is this a premium only feature? Can't find a the Sedentary or personalised feature anywhere! 

Best Answer
0 Votes