Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get the old dashboard back?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I hate the new dashboard. Terrible. If I wanted to see the tiles, I would sign in on a desktop. I can't see what I want to see on my phone. Appreciate any help.

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Option-to-keep-old-iOS-dashboard/idi-p/1433487

Vote in the Suggestions thread if you want the option of the old dashboard back. If we get to 5,000 votes maybe Fitbit will finally listen to us.

Best Answer

I agree with others that the new dashboard is terrible. I have to remind myself that I can't "update all" apps anymore so I don't accidentally update the FitBit app. Please allow us to view our data in a way that's useful to us!

Thank you...

Best Answer
Our concerns are falling on deaf ears. I believe that Fitbit outsource their IT services and have to justify using this poorly designed software. I don't believe the software was tested before rolling it out to the public.
Best Answer
Thank you tinbaum for the tip on how to switch back to the old dashboard! So much better!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I was able to change back to the old dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes

I loathe the new dashboard, too. I do not like circles. I do not like the tiles. The old style worked just fine. Will be very sad when this change is permanent.

Best Answer

Sadly, it seems to be permanent for me. Although I've avoided updating the app, when I updated the OS on my iPhone it went to the new dashboard and I have no option of changing back. I find myself checking it less and less. Very disappointed.

Best Answer

I also dislike the new mobile dashboard (I am on Android). In an effort to give practical feedback, the reasons I like the "old" (current one) are:

1. Makes much better use of space. I can quickly view all the custom bars I need horizontally on one screen. This makes data much easier to view quickly.

2. As a dovetail to #1, being able to see the green bars--or how close I am to completing a particular objective--is HIGHLY motivational. This is a big reason I'm using fitbit. The current app is much better than most out there (IMHO).

I'm not clear what the new look is trying to achieve. When new apps come out I usually see trade-offs and at least see why choices were made to change/update. In this case, I do not, other than to make the look consistent with the web page version. This does not translate well to mobile.

Thanks for listening.  -matt

Best Answer

Hello everyone!, it's great to see you. @norwoodrunning, @ACTOne and @AnnaBaptist, have a warm welcome to the Community. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I completely understand your concerns about the new design of the app. As suggested in a previous post, there's currently a suggested idea by @Lkpalmer to bring the old Dashboard design back. I would like to encourage you to vote for this idea and add your comment, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention of the development team.

I hope this can be helpful, in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I do how do I change it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sharon11, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Community! Smiley Happy

At this moment it's not possible to change the Dashboard to the old design, I understand this is important for you and many members and as mentioned before, there's a a suggested idea by @Lkpalmer to bring the old design back and possibly have the option to change between the 2 of them. 

I hope this can be helpful, in case you need anything else please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
Thank you, it was helpful 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sharon11, I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. I'm very glad the information provided was helpful. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Additionally, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to reply, happy stepping! 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your post. I followed your instructions and now have the old Dashboard. I could not bare the thought of having to keep the new one.

I'm hoping that Fitbit will allow users to decide for themselves. 

Thanks again!!

Best Answer

If users are going to be forced to keep this horrid picture version of a dashboard that we have already been forced to use on our laptops. Will you at least have it size to display size so I don't have to scroll down to see everything. Also, all change is not growth as all movement is not forward.

Best Answer
I hate it I prefer the old layout. Hope they keep it, so you can have
either, I guess if you are new to fitbit, and haven't had the old one you
don't know otherwise!
Best Answer

I like the old dashboard best. Sure hope FitBit continues to offer either.  

Best Answer

Hello @BaileyBrat, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @kmburne and @Sharon11Smiley Happy

Thank you for your participation in the Forums, I really appreciate your feedback regarding the Dashboard design. I understand you'd like to see the old one once again, I'm sure many more people would like to see it implemented again. As I mentioned before, you can vote and comment on @Lkpalmersuggested idea to bring the old design back. 

Once again, thank you for your participation, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my innocence I  thought I could decide not to use the new dashboard. ...BUT..it just appeared and I can't get the old one back..the old one was a lot more user friendly and it was possible to see weekly rather than daily results..If it ain't broke don't fix it! Give me back the old version.

CChange for the sake of change never works out..

Deejay

Charge HR

Android

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Hello @deejayem, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. 

I understand your concerns about the new Dashboard design. Our team is aware of the feedback sent by people like you who would like to get the old design back. However, please keep in mind that in order for your tracker to sync correctly, updating the app on your phone or mobile device is necessary. As I mentioned before, you can vote and comment on @Lkpalmersuggested idea to bring the old design back, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard.

I really appreciate you input, thanks for your understanding, feel free to reply if there's anything else I can help you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes