Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t enter decimal place for body fat percentage.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m facing this issue where I cannot key in decimal places when entering body fat percentage, in the Fitbit app for iPhone. For example, I want to enter 14.6%, but can only type 14%. I’m using iPhone X running iOS 13.2.3. Anybody has a solution to this? Thanks!

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

Update 3.13; fat percentage still broken

Copy/paste from calculator or a note also doesn’t safe for me. Entry goes to — once I go to the main screen. Seems to work for some people though weirdly enough.

Moving cursor to to another place in the digits also a no go.

Soooooo...... eta on a fix yet?

Best Answer

Hi this has been reported for many months and still not fixed. Fitbit pushed out another update last week and I was hopping the bug would be fixed. But no it’s NOT. It’s a very simple software fix, a repeatable problem, easy to reproduce, and yet multiple versions now have been pushed out with this problem still not addressed. Very annoying bug 🐜 please make it a higher priority. 

Best Answer

Any idea when this will be fixed? There have been 3-4 app updates for iOS since this was reported (the latest one was just yesterday) and the issue is still not fixed. It’s frustrating to have to go to the website to enter weight & body fat every day. 
Thanks!

Best Answer

Mine was working until 18 Jan. now stopped working and a recent update didn’t fix it. Come on Fitbit; it’s a simple issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been resolved for others? It’s been like it for a while for me and still no update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. They seem to be ignoring this issue. It's been broken far too long.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not working for me either. Now almost two months, it stopped working in early December!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this really something difficult to fix???? This shows a total disregard for its customers by fitbit. If they cannot fix something simple like this (it must be SOMEWHAT simple, you can use a decimal in your weight) what happens when a difficult issue comes up.

Somebody at Google must have an answer. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

This ist still not working! **ahem**!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well... FINALLY! I updated the app from itunes and can now enter a decimal. You'd think they would post that here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that would have been nice!! They have been completely silent on this. Customer service seems to be going down the toilet. 

Mine is now fixed as well, by version 3.14. However I didn’t get a notification from the App Store that there was an update until I searched for the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me.  Had to search for it in App store.
Updating now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 3.14 makes it work again!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hooray!

Thanks for the heads up from the community about the update! I had to search manually on the App Store too.
I notice that all the recent updates just say “bug fixes“....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hooray! At last! It’s working.
Thanks for the heads up. Would never have known there was an update, no prompt and not immediately obvious when looking at the app on the App Store.
Fitbit have really not shown themselves in the best light over this. All they had to do was communicate!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a galaxy s9 and android 9. Even after the latest update on 22nd June, I am still not able to enter decimal places anywhere in the app. Be it the weight, custom food, serving sizes.. Copy paste or keyboard auto correct only allows me to add the decimal point. To see that this issue is open for a year is pathetic. Plus, it works for my wife who has a one plus 7t and android 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my Fitbit Versa 2, too! Although my problem is logging in the macros to track my calorie deficit, instead of logging 14.7 g of protein I log 15 g instead which makes it less accurate 😕 I’m actually relatively new to the community and I’m tracking using my iPhone X, does anybody know if this issue with the decimal point has been resolved already

Best Answer
0 Votes