Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to Fitbit app on iphone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Had to delete and reinstall app on iPhone. Can't login as it says I require an Internet connection which I do. Have tried several times I have s Charge HR now but have used fitbits for over 2 yrs.
Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

@goodsoul Happy to hear you were able to log into your account again. 

@lesleylimepink Are you seeing an infinite spin when trying to log in? Users have reported the tip @MarcoGFitbit mentions above helped resolve this.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
@lesleylimepink

Yes, I am seeing infinite spin. The only thing that resolved it was a
faster connection. ALL other troubleshooting was performed and documented
with Support. Occam's Razor suggests the internet connection is timing out
without the application handling the exception.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you don't mind me following but I have the same issue, i'm  ready to take it back to the store really fed up 

Best Answer
In the end I popped my iPhone to the Genius Bar and they resolved the issue! Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was the problem (I was unable to log in on app and pair to Bluetooth) ... I set my time back to Auto on my iPhone 6s .. wow log in right away and was able to pair with no problems!! 👍🏻👌🏼

Thanks!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gunner7, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for joining the conversation. It's a pleasure for me to welcome you @lesleylimepink and @gsd54

@Gunner7 and @lesleylimepink, I'm glad your issue has now been resolved and that you were able to log in to the Fitbit app. 

@gsd54, if you have already tried to set the date & time on your phone as automatic, please update the Fitbit app as we have just released a new version. Then, restart your phone and try to log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Switch off wifi and use mobile data network to login on the iPhone Fitbit app. That worked for me.

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Ravkum

Thanks for sharing your troubleshoot, I'm sure this will help other users to sort it out. 

Hope to see you posting more often! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

This is exactly what was happening to me. I could login on my PC, but not on any of my mobile apps. I tried resetting my password over and over to no avail. My date and time was already on automatic. I finally figured out that I needed to use at least one capital letter in my password for it to really be accepted. This is what fixed it for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JW100, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate you've joined us and have let me know your issue has now been resolved. I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In exactly the same position and as I am travelling I will lose all data and a basically there is no point in having it. I do not have access to a pc and nor should I need to have - is the fracker sold on that basis? Would love to know if any resolution other than find a pc. The error is in the app firmware so pleas fix Fitbit thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nizpaz, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Are you getting an error message when trying to log in to the Fitbit app or does the app just shows a spinning icon on it? Have you updated the Fitbit app to the latest version? If so, please try the following:

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 
  • Turn off WiFi, then try to log in to the app. If you're able to log in, turn on WiFi once you've logged in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit I`m still facing the issue. Its been almost 8 months my fitbit is not working. I have even got it exchanged, but it is not letting me log in or create a new user on my fit bit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to login using new emailTrying to login using new email

Trying to login using existing emailTrying to login using existing email

C9127E34-02FC-4747-9DDE-90883717C51F.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

question  is your fitbit connected in bluetooth setting on your iPhone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes... I had sent it to repair still im facing this issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi - Are you able to log into your account on a computer?
- when you open your Fitbit app on your cell does any info sync to the app from your Fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Manali and @Gunner7, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to see you around. Smiley Happy @Gunner7, thanks for your insight about this situation.

@Manali, at this moment, I would like to ask you to turn off WiFi before trying to send a new password rest email to your account or try to reset your password through the online Dashboard. Additionally, if you're trying to create a new account, please do it from the online Dashboard as well. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

- I’m able to login through my computer 

- I’m not able to login through my phone, that’s the issue so how will fitbit sync with app ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Manali, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for reporting this error and let me know you're still able to log in to your account through the online Dashboard. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please try the following:

Turn off Bluetooth and WiFi through your phone settings and go to Settings > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled before trying to log in once again:

• Background App Refresh
  • Cellular Data.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes