Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to Fitbit app on iphone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Had to delete and reinstall app on iPhone. Can't login as it says I require an Internet connection which I do. Have tried several times I have s Charge HR now but have used fitbits for over 2 yrs.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit community @goneesy! I hope you're doing great! 

Allow me to help, first steps I recommend you is checking that your mobile network is working, you can also try logging in with a computer if the issue persists you can also try contacting support so they can reset your password. 

Hope it helps, let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

Welcome to the Fitbit community @goneesy! I hope you're doing great! 

Allow me to help, first steps I recommend you is checking that your mobile network is working, you can also try logging in with a computer if the issue persists you can also try contacting support so they can reset your password. 

Hope it helps, let me know how it goes! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the same problem, already tried changing password. I was able to

login on a computer.

Please help, this will be the 2nd day I can't use my gadget.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new faces around @Wengski

If you have already double checked that your mobile network is working properly my best advice is to contact Support so they can try resetting your password one more time and then might work, they'll be more than happy to assist you. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this issue. My new Alta stopped syncing at 11.38 last night so deleted and reinstalled the app and since then have not been able to log in. Whatever update was done to the App appears to have messed it up for certain users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Oldandtired Welcome to the Community. The following steps should help with getting your Alta syncing again:

1. Restart your Alta.

2. Reboot your iOS device.

3. Open your iOS settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.

4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, I can log in on a PC (although have to use Fitbit connect to sync my Fitbit) but am unable to log in on my iPhone and it is this I am trying to resolve if anyone can help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The same thing is currently happening to me so hope you sont mind me following your message
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Oldandtired and @carla.long02, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

If you're able to log in to your online Dashboard but not in the Fitbit app, please go to your phone Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is enabled. Then, open the Fitbit app and try to log in. If you're still not able, I would like to recommend resetting your password and try again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have tried all this .. but nothing is working..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Manali, welcome to the Fitbit Community, I hope you're enjoying your time here! Smiley Happy

When trying to log in, did you receive an error message? If so, would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot where it's included? This will help me investigate this further. If not, please try the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_1310.PNG

I have tried all the options. I have delete and reinstalled the app again several times, but nothing is working 

Best Answer

Hello @Manali, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day.

When was the last time you uninstalled and reinstalled the app? We have recently released an update and I would like to suggest you to update the app from the App Store if you haven't done it yet. In the meantime, I will forward the information and the screenshot you sent to me so our team can check this further. 

Additionally, after updating the app, I would like to recommend give it another shot and reset your password once again. Thank you for your patience and understanding, let me know the outcome, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here with fresh install of app. Won't login and is non-responsive

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @goodsoul, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

Which phone model are you currently using? Which OS version is currently installed in your phone? Are you getting any kind of error message like the one described by @Manali? In this case I would like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Restart your phone.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and if you're still experiencing the same issue, please reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see in the app when you try to log in. 

Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit

I`m using the latest version of app. I have again tried to uninstall and reinstall my app today (i.e. 7th May 2017). I have reset my password and tried to login using new password also. But, I having facing same error message.

I`m not able to connected to the device (charge 2) with my iphone also.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Manali, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps I've provided, I'll make sure to forward the information about your situation to our team so they can check this and investigate further.

Thank you for your patience during this matter, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

PROBLEM IDENTIFIED

As a community moderator do you have access to support records? I also had a long chat with support and uploaded screen shots. I had already done all the standard stuff including the things you suggested I "had" the latest version of the app and the latest version of iOS. I went as far as to delete the app, thinking local workspace corruption was a likely suspect since all other troubleshooting failed.

i was on a cruise to Alaska when syncing became an issue. I was loathe to paying 75 cents/minute for on-board wifi which was said, and proved to be incredibly slow. Rather, I waited until we ported in Ketchikan to use cellular service. I deleted, then downloaded and reinstalled the app. I could not login. No error was reported. The login screen simply reported "Logging in" and never progressing. I even tried changing my password think the auth might be corrupt on the website. All off this is detailef in my chat transcript. I even tried buy 10 minutes of ship wifi while in port as a last effort without success.

The problem is a simple oversight by application designers to isolate connection timeout. I was able to login and sync as soon as I had a relatively high speed internet connection. Developer apparently doesn't know how to implement suitable feedback when connection timeout occurs.

if you have tried all else delete the app and try to login. If login stalls without error message your connection is timeing out and there is no solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

AAAARRGH... I've got this issue... Had my fitbit working perfectly since setting up on New Years Day and it suddenly stopped syncing a week ago... have tried EVERYTHING as per the above... Fitbit help have even just sent me a replacement Fitbit.  Its worse than ever now as I cannot even set my fitbit up to my iPhone as I simply cannot open the app on my phone (I have the permanent 'logging in' message 😞 ) and it's really driving me insane.  I know I can set it up to sync with my desktop... BUT checking the app was part of the attraction for me and I'm actually really GUTTED I can't do that anymore... I've changed the password, removed app (several times) and reinstalled, removed it from my bluetooth (and now my bluetooth cant rediscover it... another issue).  I've spent SOOOO much time trying to sort this, I feel like I'm failing as a bloody 21st century adult!  Please someone help me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to login and sync as soon as I had a relatively high speed internet connection. Developer apparently doesn't know how to implement suitable feedback when connection timeout occurs.

if you have tried all else delete the app and try to login. If login stalls without error message your connection is timeing out and there is no solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes