Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t sync without Internet

I am still receiving the message that I cannot sync without Internet. I commented on this back in November 2023. Distill occurs randomly and has not been addressed by the software developers. I am using an iPhone SE third generation running 17.1.4 and Fitbit version, 4.14. I do not have Wi-Fi in my home and I have never had Wi-Fi in my home. Most of the time this has not been a problem with the Fitbit iOS app, but randomly the message shows up stating that I cannot sync without Wi-Fi. it is annoying to have to get out of Fitbit, close the app and then reopen in order to refresh the home screen values. I am a blind user and I have dictated this on my iPhone and I hope that you will be able to understand my ramblings. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I keep getting this error also. My internet is working for every other app. Cellular data is enabled. Still get this error 

Moderator Edit: Formatting.

Best Answer

Hi @Podunk @Walkmore29 - this should not be an issue for syncing but might have a bearing No internet connection even though you are connected.

see also Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reviewed the links and did not find the information helpful. It appeared to be more closely related to the Google pixel watch and I am using an iPhone in the iOS portion of the forum. VPN is shut off. This is an intermittent problem that appears to be related to the improvements in the four-point XX versions of the Fitbit app. I am a blind user and have dictated this on my iPhone. I hope you will be able to understand my ramblings. I am using an iPhone to see third generation running 17.4.1 version 414 I may have gotten the version of the iOS incorrectly, but it is the most current version that I am using. Along with the most current version of the Fitbit app . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Atleast you only see it randomly. It is a permanent fixture on my app on iPhone13 regardless of connectivity, be it cellular or wifi. All while syncs are happening successfully. 

Best Answer

It appears that Fitbit/Google is more interested in changing the appearance of the app than addressing the problems beneath. My impression is it is like an old car with a new paint job that needs work on its engine and its brakes. At first glance, the new paint job Changes the appearance, but it does not fix the underlying issues and on further review the paint job does not hide the fact that it is an old car. 

Best Answer
I don’t even like the UI changes to be honest. Maybe i am old but the old UI was fine and functional. As an example, when looking at sleep, i was able to look at last night’s data and all recent nights’ data on one screen. Now i have to click on headings at top to look at previous data.
Best Answer

I downloaded Fitbit current version 4.16 today. I am still getting the message that I cannot sync without Internet. I still have to close Fitbit and reopen in order to see my most current information.

Best Answer
0 Votes