Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Join Challenge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot join a challenge that I received in an email link.  I have logged out and logged back in on my iOS app, website on iPhone, rebooted my phone, and logged out and logged back on website on Mac.

Error message says "Open this page in 'App Store'?", keeps looping me back from App Store to my installed iOS app, never allows me to join challenge.

iOS 9.2.1, Fitbit v. 2.2.0.  iPhone 6S and iPhone 4S

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DotᚖMac

Each Challenge invite has a 24 hour window to accept, my guess is that you tried to accept the Challenge invite outside of this window.

I'd recommend asking the person who invited you to resend the invite, all your steps will also count retroactively if you join a Challenge that is already in place. Click here for more information.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi @DotᚖMac

Each Challenge invite has a 24 hour window to accept, my guess is that you tried to accept the Challenge invite outside of this window.

I'd recommend asking the person who invited you to resend the invite, all your steps will also count retroactively if you join a Challenge that is already in place. Click here for more information.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
@DerrickS, thank you for the suggestion – I will check this out to see if it solves my problem.

Dot
Best Answer
I have this same problem. The challenge is less than 24 hours old. Suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also can't join any new challenges. I'm in 3 current ones, with 2 ended ones, and have 2 invites. I cannot join the 2 new ones, as the app keeps telling me I can only be in 5 challenges at a time.

I'm on iOS app version 2.20.1.

Pretty frustrating and disappointing to still have the 5 challenge limit. Even more frustrating when it breaks and you can't join ANY new challenge.

Best Answer

If there's only a 24-hour window to accept a challenge invite, how about hiding the invite from view after the window expires? It makes no sense to keep showing a pending invite with an "awaiting your reply." button if you can no longer join it.

Best Answer
What if it is in the 24hr window still and all of the other suggestions have been done? I still can't accept a challenge. Nor am I in any others.

Best Answer

Hey my friend @Michellebyers, thanks for stopping by! Have you made sure that your Fitbit app is running the latest version in order to properly accept the challenge? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you for responding! I was finally able to figure out what was going on and am able to accept now 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Amazing news @Michellebyers Woman Very Happy! Would you mind to share with us what was the outcome? I'd really like to know so maybe who are experiencing the same as you may try your solution! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was actually pretty easy. Someone recommended deleting the app and starting over by downloading it again. Worked for me 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Amazing @Michellebyers Woman Very Happy, thanks for letting us know about this!

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping sweetie!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I  each have a Charge HR. Between us we own an iPad and an Apple Macbook Pro laptop (which runs Mac's El Capitain operating system),but we don't own any smart phones.

We downloaded the iPad app and set up an account for my wife and she is now able to participate in Fitbit challenges with our daughter who has an iPhone.

Problem 1.   It seems that the iPad app only allows one user account. Is that correct ?

Because I couldn't set up my account on the iPad app I downloaded the Mac app and setup an account for my fitbit. It syncs OK provided I remember to plug in the USB dongle and the dashboard is accessible from a Firefox browser with www.fitbit.com

Problem 2. I can receive email challenges from my wife and daughter but I can't seem to join them.

Is that because only mobile apps (e.g iPhone, iPad, Android OS ) can participate in challenges  and Mac's can't because they use fitbit.com ?

How can I join challenges or am I forever destined not to be able to do so whilst using fitbit.com ?

Has Fitbit any plans to upgrade fitbit.com to accept challenges from friends ?

Would appreciate any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @BarryAgain Woman Very Happy! You're right, the only way to join and participate in challenges is with the Fitbit app. 

However, either the iPhone or iPad can support two trackers. Just keep in mind that your wife needs to log out of it in order for you to log with your credentials or viceversa with your daughter's iPhone. 

I also have found this request "Challenges on Web Dashboard" in our feature request in order to implement challenges with PC and Mac. You can vote for the idea and add your comments. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Have a nice week! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you MarreFitbit for your very helpful reply.

I have now found out how to add a second user account to the iPad app and have been able to add my account using the same email address and password I use to login to my fitbit.com account.
Having logged into the iPad app I could see and accept the challenges.
I presume that I can now sync my tracker with either the iPad app or with fitbit.com via my Macbook, whichever is the most convenient ?

However I would still like to vote to enable the fitbit.com dashboard to display and accept challenges.
Best Answer

Amazing news @BarryAgain Woman Very Happy! Yep, that is correct. You can now sync with your iPad or computer, the best for you.

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping my dear friend!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that but it did not work for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you try @betsaroonie

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for the response. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPhone. Also turned off/on my iPhone (hard reboot). Still can't join any challenges. When I receive requests through my email, I select the accept button, but then tries to send me to the App Store. A box requesting to Cancel or Open app does nothing. If I try to select either it will sometimes get into a continuous loop and freezes Safari.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Having same issue as bestaroonie.  Have deleted app, cancel or open goes into continuous loop, freezes my Safari.  I have the latest version of the fitbit app.  Very frustrating experience.  

Best Answer
0 Votes