Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to the iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 1/25

If you are able to log into your Fitbit.com account but unable to log into the Fitbit App, I'd recommend making sure that you are using version 2.18 of the Fitbit iOS App. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Also, can you please post a screenshot of whatever pop-up or error you see after you've tried logging into the App?

We are currently working to resolve this issue and your screenshots would definitely help. Thanks in advance!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Hi, I have just re-downloaded the app on my iphone 4s and can now not log in. Saying to check my user name and password but I can log in on my computer.

What is the solution you sent to others?

Your assistance would be appreciated thanks.

Barry

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and have been for over a month! I can't log in and use the same password as logging onto here. I try retrieve password and it says SSL error like someone else on here. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and all the other steps. FRUSTRATED!!!!

Best Answer

I have had an issue with logging into the iPhone app now for 3 months and I have posted on here, sent messages and have received no help. I can log onto the desktop just fine but when I log into the app it says my email or password is wrong (which it isn't). I've even tried resetting my password but I get this error: "An SSL error has occured and a secure connection to the server cannot be made". This happens no matter where I am at, if on wifi or cellular data. I have removed the app and re-downloaded (several times), have hard restarted my phone (several times) and nothing. VERY FRUSTRATED. 

Best Answer

Hey hey hey @jennmw welcome to our Community! Thanks for stopping by! Smiley WinkI'd suggest you contact our Customer Support team and I'm pretty sure they'll provide you with a good solution for this. Also, you can read the main thread of this issue to find suggestions that can help you at: Have to log in repeatedly on iPhone.

Let me know how it goes! Cat Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
My email and password aren't working on the mobile app. I can sign in on desktop, but when I use the same info on the mobile app it doesn't work. Please help.
Best Answer

Thank you, I did contact customer support awhile back and they told me to reset my password (even after I told them it's not allowing me too). I didn't hear from them after that. Man Sad

The issue isn't I have to keep logging in, the issue is I can't log in at all!

Best Answer

Hey there @jennmw thanks for the update! Smiley WinkSorry to hear this but hey why don't you try to give them a call and let them know about your situation? You can call them at 1 (877)-623-4997. Their available hours are 4:00AM Pacific Time through 8:00PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. They're also available on weekends from 6:00AM to 5:30PM PST. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, when I open the app and try to log in, it says check email or passwords, and I have also tried reseting my password and nothing is working. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have the same problem now. Really need help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used the fitbit succesfully for a year. Now I can't log in. And it won't let me set a new password either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this same problem. They figured out it was because I was connected to a vpn. Once I turned that off I could log in!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit wouldn't sync any steps so I deleted the app and redownloaded it. However I cannot get past the log in screen. It posts this message "your phones time doesn't look quite right. Open the settings app, then go to the General section, then Date & Time, and flip the set automatically switch on"
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cutch and welcome to the Community.

Does rebooting your iOS device help?

Also, what type of iOS device are you using and what iOS version is it running (ie iOS 9.2.1, iOS 8, etc)?

Keep me posted!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Rebooting doesn't work.

I am using iOS 9.2

The device is an I phone 6 plus

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi everyone,

if you are having issues logging into the iOS app but you're able to login on Web dashboard or through a browser on Fitbit.com on mobile, please post the following to this thread.

1. A screenshot of the error message in the App when login fails

2. You iPhone Model and OS information

3. How you're connecting to the internet? (Cellular data or Wifi)

We're actively investigating and we appreciate your assistance with this.

Thanks,

Zhu

ZHU | 社区版主

喜爱愈加,游泳,和讨论Fitbit。
Best Answer
I am unable to log on and sync the App. It just continues to say "wait". I have downloaded latest version and even set up a new account and still nothin.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I phone 6 plus using wifi and regular data. I am still getting nothing.
Best Answer

Hi Tdl6242

Can you post a screenshot of the error message you encounter during login?

Are you able to login on the web dashboard using the same credentials?

ZHU | 社区版主

喜爱愈加,游泳,和讨论Fitbit。
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I reinstalled the Fitbit iOS app and made sure it was version 12.8 but then when I go to log in I get the pop up "Please check that your email and password are correct"  I verify and click "ok" but the message continues to pop up.  I changed the password and it still won't allow me to log on.  I have had this issue since 15 Jan.  

Best Answer