Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to the iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 1/25

If you are able to log into your Fitbit.com account but unable to log into the Fitbit App, I'd recommend making sure that you are using version 2.18 of the Fitbit iOS App. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Also, can you please post a screenshot of whatever pop-up or error you see after you've tried logging into the App?

We are currently working to resolve this issue and your screenshots would definitely help. Thanks in advance!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

@alexanderrr15 @Suzanne_C I'd make sure that you've updated to version 2.20 of the Fitbit iOS App. If you haven't already updated, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

I'd also make sure that your iPhone 6+ is connected to the internet, force close the App and then reopen it. This should help you both out, but keep me posted!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Yes I already had v2.20 and connected to the Internet, and have tried closing and reopening the app countless times. Have also tried deleting and reinstalling the app.
Best Answer
I cannot log into the Fitbit app on my iPhone. I updated the app, then deleted the app and redownloaded it. I can log into the website. I am getting an error message stating "oops something went wrong! A server with the specified host name could not be found". My account is associated with my gmail account. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks!
Best Answer
Thanks for the update, I have the newest version of Fitbit 2.20. Don't know how to restore the older version. Also, I don't get any alerts, the app begins to log me in then immediately logs me out, there is no message.
Best Answer
I am on the iOS also and the Fitbit app just pops up then disappears? I hope they fix this soon.it doesn't stay up long enough to get a screenshot of anything. Yes I have done the update and rebooted.
Best Answer
I am having the same problem on my Fitbit App...
Best Answer
0 Votes
As soon as I returned home to my original time zone I was able to login again. Fitbit obviously doesn't like it when you switch time zones.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Recently, with AT&T, months ago, the time on my phone set 5 minutes ahead and most recently changed to 10 minutes. Although in settings, it is stated to be set automatically. I remember once the Fitbit app appeared with an error because of time zone errors, but it resolved itself, and worked perfectly. Yesterday, I set the time on my phone correctly, as of set automatically on someone else’s phones carrier shown time, and logged into the app and it worked perfectly. I am going to see what the error is about my set automatically time with AT&T soon. I'm posting this to let everybody know what worked for me, you are welcome and encouraged to attempt this fix.

Good luck,

Alesander Carson
— Carson B-A
Zzyx3141592
Best Answer
0 Votes
Perhaps it was a time zone issue. Once I got home from traveling I reset my fitbit and deleted the app, shut off my iPhone, and then started it and reinstalled the app. Now it seems to be working.

Lisa
Best Answer
0 Votes
My app is crashing since I updated today.
I can't even open the app it flashes then crashes.

This started after the app logged me out and had me update.
Best Answer
When I click on the iOS app it starts to open and then it just shuts down. I have turned my phone off, turned wifi and Bluetooth on and off etc. it had been like this since last night. I am so sad (which shows how much I love my Fitbit! 😉). I can use the screen on my Fitbit to check steps and everything but I like to look at the app to compare with friends, check sleep quality etc.
Any news on when this will be fixed? Thank you!
😃
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was working this morning however I open it up On the iPhone and it just closes down. Have restarted phone, tried to open through App Store but nothing is working.

I replied to a message this morning however had to log back in, now nothing.

Any ideas? Is this a known issue? Fitbit itself is still working but it won't be able to sync.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same problem since this morning

Best Answer

Problem solved by suppression of the Fitbit application and new install again !!

Everything is OK !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot login in my iOS apps in my iPhone despite you are saying issue solved. I can login using web access on either my laptop or same iphone. I have iPhone 6 with iOS version 9.3.1, version of FitBit apps is 2.21, I used different connections via WiFi and via Cellural internet. Unfortunately it alwas says "Please check that your email and password are correct". I also tried to create new account  but it does not work as well saing "Problem Creating account".    Unfortunately I cannot add screenshots but please believe it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DerrickS  @AngieCA @amandine64 @kraftmechanic

I Upgraded last night to 8.2 I'm getting the exact same issue , - Cannot Connect to iTunes store, I was signed in I tryed the sign out but now I can't log in on the iPad i also checked time and date tryed off and on again still no joy ...

1. From the Welcome to Audible screen, first check that you are signing in to the appropriate Marketplace (Audible.com, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, Audible.fr, or Audible.com.au).
    1. Tap on I'm already using Audible.
  2. Sign in with your Amazon email address or Audible username and password.
  3. Passwords are case sensitive. Please ensure that theCaps Lock key on your keyboard is not turned on.
  4. If you are still experiencing difficulty signing in to your Audible account, please reset your password by selectingForgot your password? and following the prompts until complete.

1. Make sure that your date, time, and time zone are correct. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time. Time Zone might list another city in your time zone.
  2. Make sure that your iOS software is up to date. Tap Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates. You can also connect your iOS device to iTunes and click Check for Update on your device's Summary page.
  3. Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're using cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > Cellular. If you're connected to cellular data, larger items might not download. You might need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.
  4. Make sure that you have an active Internet connection. Check your device's user guide for help with Internet connection.
  5. Check to see if other devices, such as portable computers, are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  6. Reset your Wi-Fi router by turning it off and then on again.

Best Answer
Just bought an Alta, I cant see any notification (calls, text). Could be due to my model mobile? It is an IPhone 4 ( iOS 7). Is there any solution? Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Pls fitbit... I am really frustrated with this. It is been a long time waiting for the solution. My fitbit HR is now completely wasted. How can I use it if I cannot log in to my app?
Best Answer
Did you ever get this issue resolved?
I'm having the same problem using an iPhone 6 Plus with the latest o/s
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I had to delete the app and reinstall. Once I did that it worked fine. 😃

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer