Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up Fitbit charge on ios 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to iOS 11 2 nights ago. Since I haven’t been able sync my Fitbit charge. I have restarted it, deleted it off my app, and even tried factory resetting and it isn’t syncing. I have the updated version of the app and my charge is up to the lastest version and I’m getting really frustrated with not being able to check my stats on my phone. 

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

But I cannot add my Charge 2 again...The app does not work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Followed this process making sure nothing else with Bluetooth was within range, and finally got my flex2 synced with ios11 on iPhone 8. I also uninstalled the app before a phone reboot and added it back the reset the flex and sync kicked in as it should. Solved!

Best Answer

Oh that totally worked (just needed to turn off the old phone bluetooth).  I don't know why fitbit doesn't have that posted

Best Answer

I found that closing the app and performing a hard reboot of my iPhone got the sync to work again. 

Best Answer

Same problem with my IOS11 iPhone. I absolutely know this is an IOS11 issue as I have a company phone which hasn’t updated to IOS11 and a personal one that has. The IOS11 phone does not work despite all the fixes suggested here. The IOS10 one was fine as soon as I rebooted my Fitbit Charge HR2

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is that the GPS is now very intermittent as to be almost not working at all.  So no map data or link to Strava.  Fitbit seem to be aware and are working on it. A real shame as was working perfectly with iOS 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same Bluetooth issue with ios11 on multiple fit bits.  

By going outside, well away from any other Bluetooth device, I was able to connect.   I also performed a power cycle on my phone and the Fitbit (pushing the button on the charger chord three times).  I am convinced that you need to be away from everything electronic, as laptops and TVs have Bluetooth.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also submitted an incident report to apple site at the following address:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html.

Best Answer
0 Votes

after ios update to the version 11.1 seem that it work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem. The day I upgraded to IOS 11 my bluetooth quit seeing my Fitbit Alta. I have struggled with this for weeks. After reading about all the issues regarding this one had mentioned other devices around that have Bluetooth on might interfere. I figured what the heck it couldn’t hurt. Then I realized I always have my Kindle with me along with my phone and the Bluetooth is on that device also. I turned it off and restarted my iPhone and the Bluetooth saw my Fitbit right away. I’m not sure why that would make a difference but it has. Hope this might help you. Good Luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t sync my Fitbit Charge too. I tried to remove existing device enrollement and setup anew but to no avail. All other steps taken: 

- iOS 11.2.1 Iphone 8 Plus

- No further update available for IOS

- No further update available for Fitbit App

- Tried restarting my phone and Fitbit several times

- Turned bluetooth on and off several times

- Removed (via forget device) all other enrolled Bluetooth connections from phone

- All other Bluetooth devices are off

Fails on the “searching” part. Of course my Fitbit is on, nearby, and no other Bluetooth devices are turned on. Someone please share how you got this fixed :(. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
It hasn’t been fixed yet. Everything works to a degree but probably not very reliable but the GPS link with iPhone rarely works. Fitbit advise that there is a bug in their app and are working on resolving it. But it is now over two months. It doesn’t seem that they are working on it hard enough. I am fed up because it doesn’t do the thing I bought it for.

Hilary Manning
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, Hilary
I have update my Iphone 5s to ios 11.2 and now it work perfectly.

Data link acquisition between tracker and iphone is istantaneus and always ok.

My user experience, suggest to update both version of ios and fitbit app to try to solve this issue.

Saluti
Roberto Casciaro
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

My ip8+ runs on 11.2.1 but it doesn’t work 😞

i hope fitbit can resolve this issue asap. Sigh

Best Answer
0 Votes
I update as soon as the updates are available but it still hasn’t resolved the problem. Will try again when I go for a run tomorrow.

Hilary Manning
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is very strange, try to loking for the security permission e.g. privacy setting.

Saluti
Roberto Casciaro
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally did a live chat and she had me go through steps and it fixed it. They were steps that I had done before but she had me doing a certain order that worked and I haven’t had any trouble since that’s been about three weeks ago.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Who did you do a livechat with? I have been in email correspondence with
Fitbit but they always say they are working on it, be patient etc. etc.

Hilary
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to this website scroll to the bottom right in a grey box it will say "Lets talk Get Support".

Click on 'Live Chat"

http://help.fitbit.com/

I have been looking for my transcript from that Chat I had but can not find it.

Good Luck

Jenn
Best Answer
0 Votes