Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge steps not updating.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My steps are updating normally within the app but not updating on my friends steps? I've tried logging in logging out shutting down my phone and restarting, turning off Bluetooth and trying again and forcing the app to close but still not updating. Any ideas? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I’m having the same problem! It’s a bit frustrating! 😂

Best Answer

Same goes for mine, been happening all morning

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t help you but I’m having the same problem.  I’ve deleted and re-installed app. Re-set it.  No idea what else to try 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully they will fix it this morning!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's annoying me so much. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app that didn't work either I can assume it's an app problem 

Best Answer

Hello @Karina-86@Ericdelgreco@Debchoj and @jamesward88, I hope you're having a great day, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We experienced some issues on February 14th and 15th where the total steps and steps from Challenges and Leaderboards were not updating correctly. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this ever solved? I joined a challenge this morning. I’m currently at 7323 steps but the challenge only shows 1000. I have the Blaze. I’ve shutdown my iPhone X and uninstalled and reinstalled  the app.😔

Best Answer
Yes, it seemed to solve itself. Nothing I did made any difference.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ccsmileywhite, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Debchoj, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@Debchoj, I'm very glad to know everything's back to normal, indeed this issue was already fixed by our team. I appreciate you have taken the time to reply to me and let me know this has been fixed. 

@ccsmileywhite, I'm sorry to hear your step total on your challenge isn't updating. Below are possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

We also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates.

I hope this helps, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried the recommendations you suggested. I don't manually add steps and I'm only using the fitbit app and Blaze tracker. My steps for the Weekend Warrior where around 10,000 off. Now I'm in two Work Week Hustles and I currently have 598 steps and the challenge is not showing any steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ccsmileywhite, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back to me and verified that no manual activities have been recorded and that your Challenge leaderboard steps still don't match your dashboard steps.

We've received similar reports, and I have escalated the issue to our engineering team. While I don't have a timeline for resolution, our team will continue to investigate these discrepancies.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, in the meantime if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, tried the solutions and didn't solve it.  Currently in a goal day challenge and my steps have synced on my iPhone 6 and showing on on my Windows 10 computer but the challenge is showing that I have only achieved 89% of my 17,500 goal steps.  4 hours 18 minutes until the challenge is finished according to the challenge.

Best Answer

I’ve called support and they had no solution except that they know...

my challenge hasn’t updated in 24 hours but I can see others are having theirs updated - so frustrating as it worked normally until Friday afternoon. 

Best Answer

I see that I had an update the day before, bet that had something to do with things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Firegirl and @aharrison2005, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about this issue but please be assured that our team is actively working to resolve it. Once I have more information to share with you about this situation, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  The challenge is now completely gone from my listing and I'm not received any challenge invites....

When can an update be expected?  As mentioned, this all started Friday afternoon and still isn't fixed yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently in a Goal Day Challenge and everything is syncing good.  I bet I accepted the challenge before the update, the update occurred and caused things to go a bit wacky.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Firegirl and @aharrison2005, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Firegirl, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved and your steps are syncing correctly on the new challenge, I'm very glad. 

@aharrison2005, thanks for sharing your experience with me. As stated above, our team is currently working towards a prompt and proper resolution for this issue. Once I have more information to share with you about this situation, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes