Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge steps not updating.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My steps are updating normally within the app but not updating on my friends steps? I've tried logging in logging out shutting down my phone and restarting, turning off Bluetooth and trying again and forcing the app to close but still not updating. Any ideas? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I had the same thing happen again with a Goal Day Challenge yesterday.  Only updated 97% of my goal, which I exceeded and synced to my phone and computer many times throughout the day but all of the steps weren't shown in the Challenge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Firegirl, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thank you for reporting that your Challenge leaderboard steps don't match your dashboard steps.

Our team has received similar reports about this situation, and I have escalated the issue to our engineering team. While I don't have a timeline for resolution, our team will continue to investigate these discrepancies.

I appreciate your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Firegirl, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

You're very welcome, I appreciate your patience and understanding, once I have more information to share with you I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

If there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Any further updates ?  I’ve started a new challenge and my steps have stopped updating again....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @aharrison2005, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your patience with this situation; as mentioned above, once I have more information to share with you about this issue, I'll make sure to update this thread. In the meantime, please check the points on my previous post to see if any of them are affecting your challenges. 

Once again, thanks for your patience and understanding, happy stepping! 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue, have contacted support and they have escalated the fault to their tech guys. Hasn’t synced for 2 days and as a result will loose my second and third place! There is an obvious problem given all the posts about this so why can’t fitbit formulate a solution. Also emailed them about heart rate not showing on the app. It use to but not now. So many issues coming to light now, wish I had purchased a different activity tracker! Come on Fitbit, sort it out 

Best Answer

Hello @Smallfry3157, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for letting me know you have already contacted our Support Team. I have checked with them and they have already sent a reply to you. At this moment our team will be handing your case, please keep an eye for their further recommendations. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, happy stepping! 

Best Answer

Why do manual entered steps, ie running on a treadmill not count towards challenges?

i drive for a living and I don’t have an opportunity to walk as often so I make sure I exercise. There is no reason to do these challenges if I can’t include every step I have done. Which is workings out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What Fitbit device do you use?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the Fitbit charge 2. It bums me out because even though I manually log my exercise, I still take those steps. It should count in my challenges.

Best Regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same problem where none of my steps were being recorded against
the challenge. I phoned the support line and reported the issue. Apparently
this is an outstanding issue. About 5 days after, I entered a new challenge
and the steps then started to count. I imagine that the same will happen
for you providing you report it. It’s a pain but it does appear to do some
good.

I have a charge 2 and I set mine to ‘treadmill’ when I use one. Not sure if
this will work as mine certainly didn’t at the time.

Nicky
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bmblebee87, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Smallfry3157Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to post your findings. At this moment our team is are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a fix for this yet, my steps are sycing on the dashboard, but still shows last sync 5 hrs ago on all 3 challenges 

Best Answer
Hi, the issue resolved itself in a week. I reported it to Fitbit who
suggested some quick fixes which did not work. They then referred the
matter to another team. I can only assume they sorted it given the problem
sorted itself out. They did say it was a known issue and used my details to
evidence the problem. Have you reported this to Fitbit? If you do, I’m
guessing the problem will right itself like mine.

Nicky
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PrincessP1020, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you as well @Smallfry3157, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Smallfry3157, I appreciate you have come back and let me know this issue has now been resolved on your end. I'm very glad. 

@PrincessP1020I'm sorry to hear your step total on your challenge isn't updating. Below are possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps are not updating on the community page, but are on the dashboard. Is this happening to anyone else ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this a know issue again on 7/17/19? This same problem is happening with all of the participants in my challenge. No steps updated for 5+ hours now.

Best Answer

Same issue here 

Best Answer

Having the same issue today. 07/17/19

Best Answer