Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Will Not Pair with iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got brand new Charge 2. It just won't pair with my phone. It will pair with my iPad, which is useless because I don't carry the iPad for tracking exercise. I'm ready to return it. Any suggestions. I tried EVERYTHING suggested on the website.
Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Hello @fitnoobie, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, I'm very glad my post above was helpful to you and I appreciate you've taken the time to let me know that. 

If there's anything else I can do for you or if you need anything else, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. Smiley Very Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to comments on this thread I have finally managed to pair my iPhone to my Charge 2 but it still won't accept notifications - it's really frustrating! Everything is enabled on my phone and they are turned on on the watch and I've read loads of threads to see if there's anything I've missed but still can't get them to show on my Charge 2 - so not really sure what the point of having it is - should I be returning it for a refund?

Thanks. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Spike14, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far in order to enable Notifications on your Charge 2? Have you restarted your tracker yet? 

If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, then tap on Account > Charge HR > Notifications and enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, on your phone, please go to Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure these options are enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen.

Give it a try and let me know in case you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thank you  for replying.  I am sorry - I should have returned to say that I had contacted Fitbit yesterday and eventually we managed to get it to accept notifications.

Thanks,

Spike14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Spike14, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you came back to me and let me know you have already contacted our Support team and they were able to help you getting Notifications again, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read the solution, so it worked for me but I have to continually turn one or the others Bluetooth off depending on which device I want to use...is there a way the I can be connected to my iPhone AND IPad at the same time without this hassle?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Stinkmunk,

You have to decide which of your Bluetooth device will be the main device and which the secondary one.
Then adopt your settings.
I decided for iPhone as main device and for iPad as secondary device.
In this respect I adopted settings for Charge 2:
- in iPhone settings I choose “ All-day synch” as ON
- in iPad settings I choose “ All-day synch” as OFF
In such configuration, only iPhone execute synchronization and when I Switch on a Fitbit App on iPad and pulling down to synchronize, there is shown a notice” Looking”, and I can see the last status of synchronization with iPhone.
I decided so because iPhone is my all day companion and iPad is used only at home with Wi-fi.
Hoping it will work also with you,
Best regards,

Pantarhei

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg!! Thanks so much

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is now ok?
Have a nice evening😀

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had all of the same problems as everyone else trying to get Charge 2 to work. Plugged the charger into 3 computers and 6 different USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0, with no luck after 6 hours. Deleted and downloaded the IOS app 5 times and attempted to pair each time and all you get is the rotating circle and attempting to connect.  Restarted phone, and Charge 2 multiple times.  Yes I am persistent.

I finally plugged the charger into a wall adapter I use to charge my phone. After 2 more hours I attempted to pair with the Charge 2 and it worked. The basic flaw is that you can't tell if the watch is charging UNTIL you get it paired.  FItbit software team, you need to fix this.  And yes I did all of the steps you suggested and made sure it vibrated, ever so slightly, every time I plugged it in.

Now that it is paired I will experiment some more to see if the USB connection with work to charge it again or if I have to stay with the phone wall charger. For what it is worth, the charger I used is an apple device model a1385 output 5V - 1A.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant thank you. So easy when you think about it. I’d forgotten i’d Added it to my Kindle Fire. Now pairing once more. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone SE is supposed to be compatible but I can’t pair it with my new Charge 2. Tried to reset Charge 2 per directions on line but it won’t reset. I turned Bluetooth off and then on. I rebooted iPhone. Nothing works. iPhone just keeps searching for the device (which is nearby). Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you use also some other device, say iPad?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I do use an iPad but checked settings & don’t see anything that would mess up iPhone pairing. Maybe I’m missing something. Please advise. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I do use an iPad. Please advise if there are settings to turn off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
Switch off button “ All-day sync”on iPad and then switch on “ All-day sync”on your iPhone. In my case this was the solution. In the future iPhone will execute synchronization with Charge2 by pulling down firs row in the main screen, while iPad will synchronyze with iPhone through “ Looking” whenever you will pull down the first “row” for synch.
I hope it will work. Enjoy your Fitbit Charge2.
Best👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again,

You have to decide which of your Bluetooth device will be the main device and which the secondary one.
Then adopt your settings.
I decided for iPhone as main device and for iPad as secondary device.
In this respect I adopted settings for Charge 2:
- in iPhone settings I choose “ All-day synch” as ON
- in iPad settings I choose “ All-day synch” as OFF
In such configuration, only iPhone execute synchronization and when I Switch on a Fitbit App on iPad and pulling down to synchronize, there is shown a notice” Looking”, and I can see the last status of synchronization with iPhone.
I decided so because iPhone is my all day companion and iPad is used only at home with Wi-fi.
Hoping it will work also with you,
Best regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is no “all day synch” option on the iPad settings for Fitbit. Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is my story.
Ihope you will find also on your iPad App.
Have a nice day👍

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent an email this morning with some screens from App; I don’t see this screens now.

Now I’m adding just comments:

- press account (on my photo is icon on right top corner, you might find also on the right bottom corner.)

-  click on Charge2 ( you can see that ipad is now looking)

- - scroll down to the end and you will find all day synch

Best Answer
0 Votes