Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Will Not Pair with iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got brand new Charge 2. It just won't pair with my phone. It will pair with my iPad, which is useless because I don't carry the iPad for tracking exercise. I'm ready to return it. Any suggestions. I tried EVERYTHING suggested on the website.
Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

I spent this evening reading and trying all of your solutions, after spending hours on the phone with 4 different tech people. They have issued me my third replacement, and I am truly disappointed in your product, and your support:  Countless delete and replacing the app. Bluetooth toggled various lengths of time more than I want to count. Fitbit reset as many times.  (I notice this one reboots only when in the cradle.).  I have removed all other Bluetooth devices.  I have tried pairing with my iPad with no luck and deleted the app from it.  I have removed other Bluetooth devices from the area. None of these have been willing to pair with my iPhone while other devices have been “forgotten” and re-paired with no problems or issues.  

It is a Fitbit problem, and I am tired of it.  Please quit making excuses and lame “solutions” when you have this many people complaining.  Own the problem, admit you don’t have a working product.

Recall the Charge 2 and refund your customers, or replace it with a better device for all the headaches it has caused.  (But then I see all the Charge 3 people reporting the same issues, so it would seem to be no better.)  It is time to clean up your performance as many of us will be going  elsewhere.  

Best Answer

When I was in the same problem my action was as follows:

You have to decide which of your Bluetooth device will be the main device and which the secondary one.
Then adopt your settings.
I decided for iPhone as main device and for iPad as secondary device.
In this respect I adopted settings for Charge 2:
- in iPhone settings I choose “ All-day synch” as ON
- in iPad settings I choose “ All-day synch” as OFF
In such configuration, only iPhone execute synchronization and when I Switch on a Fitbit App on iPad and pulling down to synchronize, there is shown a notice” Looking”, and I can see the last status of synchronization with iPhone.
I decided so because iPhone is my all day companion and iPad is used only at home with Wi-fi.
Hoping it will work also with you,
Best regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

My old Blaze and brand new Versa have the same issue. HTTP error.

we tried my phone, my wife's phone, and 3 computers, no luck.

After 3 rounds with tech support, they said it's a known issue and they're working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of this and updated my phone and computer to try to get my Charge 3 to pair. It had worked perfectly for one month, then stopped syncing and eventually would not pair. I had to erase all my data to get it to pair, as well as all of the above noted steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I have no experiences with Charge3.
I wish you good luck with to find a proper solution with Charege3 users.
Best.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sprngrdn, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Pantarhei, I hope you're doing well. 

@sprngrdn, I appreciate you have joined this conversation and let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far with yoru Charge 3. Was it able to set up again? Are you still having trouble with it? If so, please reply to us with the list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far and more details about this issue. This will be helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco

It is working perfectly since I did the following steps in this order;

1. Turned off my laptop Bluetooth 

2. Chose - forget this one - from my phone bluetooth

3. Turned off my phone

4. Erased content off my charge 3 - reboot did not work

5. Turned on my phone

6. Deleted Fitbit so and downloaded new app

7.paired charge 3 to new app

8. It worked! Oddly - my old data was there.... 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Good luck everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Super, enjoy😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pantarhei and @sprngrdn, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@sprngrdn, I appreciate you have come back and let us know your issue has been resolved. Thanks for listing the troubleshooting steps you followed. Please note that all the informaiton tha has been synced to your account will be recorded in our servers and not your phone, this is to prevent any data loss in case you uninstall the app or change phones. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, I have been trying all evening to pair my fitbit to my new phone and you have saved my sanity!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem. Before, my Fitbit Charge 2 was pairing and syncing with iPhone and iPad now it will not with iPhone. I agree, I can’t walk around with the iPad. 
I tried writing to the support service but so far no answer 

Best Answer
0 Votes
From my experience try to follow this instructions:
You have to decide which of your Bluetooth device will be the main device and which the secondary one.
Then adopt your settings.
I decided for iPhone as main device and for iPad as secondary device.
In this respect I adopted settings for Charge 2:
- in iPhone settings I choose “ All-day synch” as ON
- in iPad settings I choose “ All-day synch” as OFF
In such configuration, only iPhone execute synchronization and when I Switch on a Fitbit App on iPad and pulling down to synchronize, there is shown a notice” Looking”, and I can see the last status of synchronization with iPhone.
I decided so because iPhone is my all day companion and iPad is used only at home with Wi-fi.
Hoping it will work also with you,
Best regards,

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer