Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Will Not Pair with iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got brand new Charge 2. It just won't pair with my phone. It will pair with my iPad, which is useless because I don't carry the iPad for tracking exercise. I'm ready to return it. Any suggestions. I tried EVERYTHING suggested on the website.
Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Thanks for following up. I wound up calling fitbit for support and they walked me through a solution. I'm all set now, Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @MarcoGFitbit! That totally fixed my problem. My account tab is in the top right corner but other than that your directions were spot on. Now I can see my heart rate on my phone again and receive reminders to move. Thanks a bunch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Happy that my info were useful🤣
Enjoy Charge 2👍

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well!  @Unalesca, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, I'm very happy to know your issue has now been resolved, thanks for taking the time to let me know. Smiley Happy

Now, if you're still having trouble pairing your tracker with your phone, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fitnoobie, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know your issue has been resolved as well, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

If there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to go around the house and remove Fitbit from my Bluetooth from 2 iPads and one the iPhone.  The pairing finally worked.

Best Answer

Hello @Dana-Dew, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation to let me know the troubleshooting steps you've performed to resolve your issue, I'm glad your tracker was able to pair!

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the suggestions here and my charge 2 will not sync with my iPhone 6. I’ve had the charge 2 for about a year and a half and this is the second time this has happened. My phone can’t even find it in Bluetooth. What else can I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try to switch off the iPhone?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I turned blue tooth on and off. I pressed forget this device, I turned phone on and off several times, I deleted my charge 2 from the app and tried to set it up as new.  Nothing is working. My charge 2 is not even showing up as a device in my Bluetooth any more 🙁 Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try to register again your fitbit charge 2 on fitbit portal
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kabaums, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you. It's nice to see you as well @Pantarhei, thanks for all your help. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.. If your tracker is still having trouble setting up, please try the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Charge 2.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Charge 2 one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is a Fitbit portal?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I used the wrong word.
I meant the Fitbit Home page, where you register your new product.
I hope that now is explained correctly.
I wish you a success.
Besr, Rado

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

my phone will not pair with my Fitbit hr 2. I’ve tuened my phone off and on, refreshed my phone, I’ve ‘factory Reset’ my Fitbit. I’ve deleted the app & started all over again etc etc.

i deleted the device from my Bluetooth and now can’t find it again, and it can’t be paired with anything else as I’ve only ever used my phone for it. 

It’s really frustrating me. I never used to have a problem with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Clacky, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that Fitbit devices did not pair nor sync directly through the Bluetooth on your phone and it's possible they won't get listed in here as well until they have been set up into your account. Now, with that said, I would like to suggest you the following steps in order to set up your tracker once again:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Charge 2 once again, only this time leave it plugged in and charging. 
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Charge 2 one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I bought a new iPhone and forgot to un-pair FitBit with the old phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps could help that you reset Charge 2 and then activate again with the new iPhone.

If you have also iPad you have to enable synchonization with iPad.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nyskier1 and @Pantarhei, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

@Pantarhei, I appreciate your help and insight about this situation, I'm sure the steps you provided with be very helpful. 

@nyskier1, you're very welcome, I'm very glad to know your issue has now been resolved, In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent this evening reading and trying all of your solutions, after spending hours on the phone with 4 different tech people. They have issued me my third replacement, and I am truly disappointed in your product, and your support:  Countless delete and replacing the app. Bluetooth toggled various lengths of time more than I want to count. Fitbit reset as many times.  (I notice this one reboots only when in the cradle.).  I have removed all other Bluetooth devices.  I have tried pairing with my iPad with no luck and deleted the app from it.  I have removed other Bluetooth devices from the area. None of these have been willing to pair with my iPhone while I am able to pair the other devices with no problems or issues.  It is a Fitbit problem, and I am tired of it.  Please quit making excuses and lame “solutions” when you have this many people complaining.  Own the problem, admit you don’t have a working product.

Recall the Charge 2 and refund your customers, or replace it with a better device for all the headaches it has caused.  (And then I see all the Charge 3 people reporting the same issues.) It is time to clean up your performance as many of us will be going  elsewhere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes