Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not pairing, stuck on "Connecting"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR 2 will not finish connecting. It just gets stuck on the same "Connecting.." screen and then times out and has an error. 

I have followed all Trouble shooting, turning wifi off and on, restarting fitbit, restarting phone. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app. I have tried on my ipad and still getting the same thing, after troubleshooting. Please help

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hello @ellen.robinson, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried some troubleshooting steps to try to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Restart the Bluetooth on your phone by going  to your phone Settings > Bluetooth. Turn it off for 15 seconds, then turn it back on. Please make sure to restart it from the Settings and not from the Control Center as this will only disconnect you from the current Bluetooth device and will not restart Bluetooth itself. 
  2. Restart your tracker once again, only this time leave it plugged in and make sure it's charging.
  3. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  4. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal. 

Then, try to set up your tracker at least a couple of times. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit

I tried again step by step. It still gets to the part where you enter the code... and then just stays at "Connecting" eventually the screen then goes "Not working" and i hit try again and my device will ask for the pin but the pin won't show up on the fitbit. will still be on the setup screen

Best Answer

Absolutely nothing I do will let this Fitbit complete the set up and connect with my iPhone 6. I have worked for hours and hours. So sad about this product!

Best Answer

I had the same issues. It ended up being thr fit bit. They sent me a new one and it started to work. Reach out to customer service they were super helpful for me. Best of luck 

Best Answer

Thanks! This was my replacement mailed to me for my original one that just
died one day with no previous problems. Now they are sending me another
replacement for the replacement. Exhausting! Thanks for your interest
though!!

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @MartyNag, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you! It's nice to see you too @ellen.robinson.

@ellen.robinson, I'm very glad you received a new tracker from our Support Team, I appreciate your insight about this issue. Thanks for sharing your experience.

@MartyNag, I'm deeply sorry for all the inconveniences you've experienced with your tracker and I'm glad our Support Team is sending you one. After you receive your tracker please try to set it up again and let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a lovely day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after this same issue with my Samsung i spoke to support and this is what worked.. 

1. Used a windows device (lapyop) with bluetooth and set new divice up on this... 
  2. It seemed as if it was going to hang again but after a while a "allow" diog appeared and when saying yes this synced.. 
  3. Then i had a software update for the device. 
  4. As soon as all this was done and working i turned laptop off checked phone and device was not only already there buy also syncing. 

Credit to "Arlene" from Chat support. she was Awesome. 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MikeChappell, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've taken the time to let me know the troubleshooting steps you were provided by our Support Team, I'm very glad your tracker is now syncing. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing I have done will pair my phone and watch?! Only had a week before it stopped syncing, any advice to another product that is better? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Care29, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with me. Tell me; specifically, which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This will be very helpful for me to determine what we should do next

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my Fiance recently gave me his fit bit charge 2 that he no longer uses. I use to have a Fit Bit Alta but it no longer is working. I am trying to sync the Fit Bit Charge 2 to my phone and i keep getting stuck on the connecting screen, after I put in the security code. I did already un-sync the Fit Bit with his phone. I have disconnected the Bluetooth and  Restarted the Fit Bit but nothing is working. How can I get this to sync?

Best Answer

Hi  ladybuggirl89

I have had this 3 times, The only solution was to remove the app from all devices and forget device in all bluetooth settings, then connect/sync via the windows desktop app on a PC. after a while this then seems to kick in for me and sync. but be warned once after install ect it took a few hours to actually sync up. 

Design flaw with no hard reset tbh. 

Hope this helps. 

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the similer problem and tried every step suggested by Fitbit but not working. I been trying this for the past three months and still not wining. Very frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @benleshiba and @ladybuggirl89, thanks for joining us, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @MikeChappell, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@benleshiba and @ladybuggirl89, thanks for your participation in the Forums and for bringing this situation to our attention. Please note that if you're trying to set up a device that was set up previously on another phone, please go to the old phone's Bluetooth Settings and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, turn off the old phone and try to set up the Fitbit device on the new phone:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lost the old phone... so cannot go to it. But tried every steps highlighted still cannot pairSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and Fitbit was very accomodating and replaced mine. I’d advise
contacting them asap and go that route to solve your frustration.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the second fitbit that I've had to go through. 

The first one literally fell apart - the strap just came apart.

I was able to get a replacement. Now I have the same issue as the original poster where it gets stuck on the "connecting" stage of the process. I've gone through all the steps listed above and nothing is working. 

Part of the draw for these trackers is being able to track your progress over a period of time. Without this feature, all I have is a glorified step counter. 

I'm done with fitbit - the quality of the product is sub standard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @benleshiba and @MartyNag, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Thanks for joining us @jabbroniesSmiley Happy

@benleshiba, I appreciate you have come back and let us know you're using an Android based phone. Please note that this board is specifically for iOS devices but if you're still having trouble setting up your Charge 2, please check this link with more instructions for you. If you need anything else, please check the Android Board for more information. Thanks for keeping the Community organized.

@MartyNag and @jabbronies, We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My fitbit charge 2 will not connect when pairing my tracker. I get the pincode on my tracker, and can put this into the app, but then it just keeps connecting.

I have tried turning my phone off and on, turning the tracker off, turning bluetooth off and on, removed my device from the app, removed the app. Nothing works...

I use a Xiaomi Mi A1 and never have had any problems before.

My battery died some days ago, after charging it, I can't get any connection. Any suggestions?

Best Answer