Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing with iPhone 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 won’t sync with my iPhone8. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling the Fitbit but that doesn’t work. I saw a fix that said to sync on my old device, which is not an option since it was damaged - any suggestions - right now I have an expensive pedometer masquerading as a charge 2, since that’s about all I can use it for

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

It’s not working at all I have a iPhone 8 I hate it 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You hate the phone?? Why? I hate Fitbit! I’ve had every version and they just can’t solve their issues.

Karla Burke
Burke Financial Services
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish there was something else I could tell you to change so it would work properly. I know how frustrating it can be 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually got it to work. I had to go to the Bluetooth settings on my old phone and tell it to forget the device. It finally loaded to my 8 Plus.

Cathy
214-762-0801

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. @mclippe, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

I understand some of you are still having trouble syncing your tracker with your iPhone 8. If you are still having trouble syncing, please reply to me with the following so I can assist you further:

1. Phone model you're using 
  2. OS version your phone is running. 
  3. App version currently installed in your phone.
  4. List of specific steps you've already tried to try to solve this issue.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just bought a used fitbit and it wont work with my iphone 8. Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rpe, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Which tracker do you currently have? Have you restarted the tracker and your phone recently? Have you updated the app recently as well? Is your tracker not syncing or not setting up with your phone? In either case, I would like to suggest you to check the following points:

• Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup/sync process. 
  • Plug in your tracker and make sure it's charging during the setup/sync. 

If your tracker is still not syncing or setting up, my best recommendation would be trying to set it up again as a new device following these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all suggestions and still will not work.
iPhone 6, iOS 11.3.1. I have just downloaded new Fitbit app yesterday but cannot find how to get Fitbit version.

I have restarted watch and iPhone. The best I've been able to do is to enter numbers, get message that something is wrong, enter second set of numbers then goes into endless loop searching for watch. I have left it running overnight in this state and still not connected the next day.
This is a warranty replacement watch. First one worked OK but had another problem. I have received authorization to send this one back but have been trying over and over again to get it to work since so many people seem to be having the same problem. (Cannot get either watch to sync after "forgetting" old one.) I fear that second replacement will have same problem but don't see any other option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yippie! Thank you for the suggestion to reset my Charge 2. I have an iPhone 8 and was unable to sync my fitbit until today. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fit2runblu, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation and the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to know your issue has now been resolved after restarting your Charge 2. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check out your tracker’s battery

Make sure to check out the battery of your tracker. If the power is completely down, it won’t sync to your iPhone.

Force Quit Fitbit app and Open it Again

Double-press the Home button to bring up the multi-tasking. Now, swipe up on the Fitbit app to quit it. Wait for some time and launch the app again.

Turn off/on Bluetooth

Turn off/on Bluetooth a few times and then open the Fitbit app. (Settings>Bluetooth)

Reboot Your iPhone

Press the Home button and sleep/wake button[url=https://downloadicloud.ooo/][color=#000000][size=25]iCloud[/size][/color][/url][url=https://goo...at once for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

Delete Fitbit App and Re-install it

On some occasions, I have been able to resolve the issue just by deleting the app and re-installing it again.

Reset Network Settings

Open Settings app → General → Reset → Reset Network Settings.

It will remove all network settings and return them to factory settings. However, this trick can do the job for you.

Reset Your tracker

If all the above-mentioned solutions haven’t worked out, then you need to reset your tracker. Check out this post to restart your Fitbit tracker.

As each model requires a different method, make sure to find the right steps.

Best Answer

Hello @bid19, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for sharing with us the troubleshooting steps you've found to be useful. I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Fitbit Community facing syncing issues. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will faind great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the tutorial worked great, after hours of trying to sync this tuturial saved me from throwing it against the wall!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution worked for me.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kritter19 and @PhilDG, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you both on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the instructions I've read... over and over again.  And the fitbit will not pair with my phone or my laptop. 

UPDATE:

I have followed all the instructions I've read... over and over again.  And the Fitbit will not pair with my phone or my laptop. 

UPDATE 2:

I traded in my old phone for the new iPhone 8plus.  I deleted everything on my old phone and restored all the default factory settings on that old phone.  

Tried pairing a new Charge 2 to my new phone using every possible suggestion on this board. Nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see this was almost a year ago.  If they updated it's still not working, at least for me. I just got a Fitbit for my iPhone 8 and it will not pair. I tried all of the suggestions and unfortunately the problem remains. VERY frustrating. Anyone have current suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @susandersen, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to see you too @bkh821, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me tonight too. Yay!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @llarsenrn99, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to join the conversation and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes