Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing with iPhone 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 won’t sync with my iPhone8. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling the Fitbit but that doesn’t work. I saw a fix that said to sync on my old device, which is not an option since it was damaged - any suggestions - right now I have an expensive pedometer masquerading as a charge 2, since that’s about all I can use it for

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85
Crazy right???? Glad it finally worked for you!!!! I was super excited too so I had to share!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I really appreciate it. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 is still having issues syncing with my iPhone 8. I've tried all of the tips and nothing worked. Is there an estimated time where the app will be updated for iPhone 8? I'm so frustrated!

Best Answer

Mine stopped working today. I’ve tried everything on this thread and nothing. 

The app says it has found my tracker. But it won’t fully connect 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you hold the button down on the Fitbit? I don’t know anything else because that’s all I did

Bryan King (Please excuse any spelling errors or typos as this was sent from my tiny mobile device that isn't so smart sometimes!)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KikiMC and @Blue4thefuture, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this situation further:

1. iPhone model you're currently using.
  2. OS version your phone is running. 
  3. App version currently installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
IOS 11.1.2

Fitbit app 2.43.1

iPhone 8 Plus

Bryan King (Please excuse any spelling errors or typos as this was sent from my tiny mobile device that isn't so smart sometimes!)
Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone 8
IOS 11.2
Fit 2.43.1 (732)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bkbroiler and @Blue4thefuture, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

At this moment I will forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share with you about this issue, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

A reason the Charge 2 won't sync with iPhone 8 plus is that Fitbit doesn't have the 8 plus on the list of phones from which to chose.  Does Fitbit need to do an up grade to include iPhone 8 plus?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine finally did sync but can’t give you any reason why. Just kept trying
it and voila, it worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize that it's not on the list of compatible devices but I don't understand why the iPhone8 Plus isn't listed - it's been out for a while now and I would have thought that the software would have been updated or at least in a beta form people could use as a bandaid solution....

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar experience to others of you.  After rebooting and making multiple attempts to connect, it happened.  I have no idea why or if anything I did actually worked.  I had a complete transfer done by the phone company when I upgraded to a new phone yesterday.  I expected that everything would work as it did before.  Perhaps I was too impatient.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!  I’m thankful that someone knows what they are doing.  I was extremely frustrated until I saw your post.  Now I can continue to enjoy my Fitbit.  Thanks!!

Best Answer

iPhone 8 plus

Fitbit 2.44 (736)

iOS 11.2.1

I've done everything and it still hasn't worked..... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone has sucessfully synced....but I have a regular 8, not a plus.  Best wishes to you all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any intention to update the app so that people with iphone8 plus can sync? If so, is there an expected release date??????

Best Answer
I have the iPhone 8plus and have had no problems since my post almost 2 weeks ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iphone 8 plus

IOS:11.1.1

Fitbit: 2.44.1 (737)

I receive call notifications but I do not receive SMS or imessage notifications.  Please help, this is so frustrating.

Best Answer