Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is unable to pair with iPad.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It’s driving me mad that one minute it’s paired with my phone then the next it’s not,  more not, I’ve deleted the app I’ve removed everything from phone and iPad still dosent work, I don’t know what else to do maybe I should get a refund 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hello @Carla-pink, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

At this moment, I would like to suggest you to restart your Charge 3, then plug it in and try to pair it with your iPad once again. If this doesn't seem to work, please try the following steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Charge 3 again.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your iPad and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Charge 3 one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything I can’t get it to

pair, I get no notifications really disappointed with Fitbit not only did my blaze just die so then brought the change 3 only for that not work properly, there seems to be a lot of people having the same problem, can you get your money back? 

Best Answer

Hello @Carla-pink, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would appear that FitBit doesn't want or can't work with Apple OS. I have some similar problems. I used to have a Pebble until FitBit bought them and put that watch out of commission. None of the Fitbit watches have the same features and I really miss them. Won't buy another fitbit product until they hash out the problems with Apple. Guess I'll be looking for a new Smartwatch elsewhere. shame.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @Schatz65, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for voicing your opinion. We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you, and we're sorry to see you go. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah right! I’ve been waiting for 2 weeks for support to contact me for the same problem! I now own a $200 paperweight! I am also thinking a refund is my best option at this point!

UPDATE:

Me too! Which sucks bc I preordered my Charge 3 and bought bands as my Charge2 HR worked perfectly with all Apple products and now it’s not with the new Charge3 and my IPhone XS Max...

UPDATE 2:

So instead of helping you’re just going to say sionara to a customer in a chat forum?! Really?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HisPunk, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment I've reached our Support Team as you have a case with them already and they should be contact you soon with more option about your case. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am having huge problems with my Charge 3, I don’t know what to do as I’ve tried all the blogs and their advice. I’ve chatted to Fit bit via the www but they couldn’t help either. All it’s good for is seeing what time it is and how many steps you’ve done that day. Never get a Fitbit.

Best Answer

It’s driving me mad I’ve completely wasted my money 

Best Answer

Heck they won’t even return my call so I can return the one I preordered that doesn’t work at all! I bought a second one at Target and it works great! Fitbit needs to get it together!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Melody001, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you around @Carla-pink and @HisPunk, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. @Carla-pink, @Melody001 and @HisPunk, as you have already created cases with our Support Team, my best recommendation is to reply to them in the cases you've created, they will be able to provide more options. I understand you're having issues, but please refrain from using foul language, thanks for your understanding. 

Thanks again for your patience, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying all suggestions. I opened iPad  systems...went to Bluetooth... hit the I  icon....chose Forget this device.   Then added it simply by pressing. ....Charge 3.   It connected immediately.

Tom

Best Answer

I am in the same boat!! I have gone through all the steps many times and still nothing.

Best Answer
Like I said,
go to I pad/ I phone
Go to settings
Go to Bluetooth
When it sees charge 3...select, “forget this device”
Then re-discover it.

Sent from Tom's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did this. I got the same.
It will now pair with my I phone but still not my I pad
One is better than none
Thanks

Bill
Best Answer
0 Votes
Bill,
Are you on versions 13.4 on both?
I had problems when I went to this latest version.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Problems started with update on I pad my phone is I phone 3 (old like me)
Bill
Best Answer
0 Votes

I pad has software version 13.4.1  i phone is 12.4.5

I have no idea what this means

I am not tech savvy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done those steps over and over. I give up. Getting an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer