Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having taken the time to report this to us. I would like to thank those of you who have replied and let us know that after restarting your Charge 3 your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. 

For those of you who haven't tried it yet, please restart your Charge 3. If this doesn't help, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698

I’m having the same problem. It started yesterday sometime between 3-4 pm. 

Best Answer

Just got mine today. Try again - it took awhile but worked. But it doesn’t seem that specific things were installed

Best Answer

Same here. Mine worked perfectly for one day and then disconnected from my phone and won’t sync back up after restarting everything 

Best Answer

I’m dealing with the same thing. 😞 

Best Answer

Same issue...seems Fitbit has a pretty big problem with the Charge 3!

Best Answer

Same thing. Fitbit can’t link when I search for it on iPhone Bluetooth. This is after 5 days of no problems

Best Answer

My fitbit is working after restarting it as told Here:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Moderator Edit: Fixed link

Best Answer

See my solution below. Worked for me when the other link was broken. 

Best Answer

My charge 3 will not sync...when I clicked on the article posted about fixing this issue, the article no longer shows up.

Best Answer

Well I posted what works but they are deleting the posts. 

You have to restart the Fitbit. 

Basically, attach the power cord then hold the button down for 8 seconds. 

It still seems to be an issue they need to fix, but restarting it seems to be a temporary fix. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues   Turned Bluetooth on and off.  Restarted phone.   It hasn’t synced since yesterday 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having taken the time to report this to us. I would like to thank those of you who have replied and let us know that after restarting your Charge 3 your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. 

For those of you who haven't tried it yet, please restart your Charge 3. If this doesn't help, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you problem solved!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you restart a Charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Later today after restarting it, I had another problem where it became unresponsive.

IT LOOKS LIKE the original battery charge it came with that lasted me all week did not register a correct reading. Before it became unresponsive it was reading about 60% battery.

When it became unresponsive I decided to charge it up anyway & it just came back on and was showing only 20% battery.

It seems to me that the low battery I was unaware of, also caused the lack of syncing up.

I'm not sure, but I hope after a full charge, it will work as I'm expecting!  Smiley Very Happy

Hope that helps someone....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Connect the charge 3 to the charger then press and hold the “button” on the left side for 8 seconds. A smiley face should appear on the screen. This should reconnect the Fitbit to the app in about a minute. If it doesnt, make sure your phone Bluetooth is connected to charge 3. Mine initially said not connected when I checked my phone settings, so I turned off Bluetooth, then turn it back on and pressed to connect to the charge 3.

Best Answer

Mine won’t reset.  It goes to the screen wake / Notifications screen an then goes black. 

No smiley face, and still not synching

Best Answer
0 Votes

Link not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes