Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698

I agree that they are busy trying to force customers onto new devices - seems to be standard practice for the technology  industry.

I'm on Apple and have been having problems for months I have spent hours sorting my 3 which was my 3rd 3 but after the latest software upgrade 1.88.11 it seems to be stable - touch wood - but it has taken fitbit months to sort the issue, assuming it is now sorted but it must have done their corporate image no end of damage.

Try upgrading to the 1.88.11 it seems more stable?

Best Answer

I’m on 1.8.8.11. It was my last update that seems to have caused the issues for me. The only data still stored is from right before that update. Now the app can no longer connect to the device and the device won’t set to the correct time. It’s not even a functioning watch anymore. 😐

Best Answer

I’ve tried it twice and hasn’t helped. It was working fine until newest updates were installed. Now it keeps disconnecting and I can’t get them to sync unless I delete both and start over but it only works for a couple of hours and it’s back to them not syncing. Can’t even use as watch since it losses time. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Stated two days ago. What we're going to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought an Apple Watch. When I called tech support I was out of warranty so they offered 35% off a new one. I’ll skip it and get one I have been wanting for a while now. Good luck. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Touch wood but mine has been working seamlessly for a few months now despite it taking FitBit months to sort it out.

Check you have the latest version of the software on both your device and your FitBit, could also try deleting them both from each other and reinstalling but you still need to check the software version.

Good luck.

Best Answer

I have done all that NUMEROUS times and still not syncing normally!!  

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that.

I have a iPhone 8 syncing with  a Charge 3.

Check you have the latest update on your phone and Fitbit then do it all again.

That's the best I can offer.

One would hope that FitBit with all their professional resources could offer something more than a bunch of amateurs trying to fix their own problems.

Best Answer

I gave up on my fitbit. There is no real support here. You are on your own and you will be disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same problems.  After hours of trying the fixes on here, it suddenly worked but stopped syncing after an hour.  Ever since then, can’t get it to connect. As suggested, I tried removing the charge 3 profile and setting it up as a new device, but to no avail. Uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit app.  Turned Bluetooth on and off. Restarted phone.  Restarted Fitbit numerous times. Everything is up to date, fully charged, plugged in, no other Bluetooth devices connected or around, and for the life of me, it won’t connect.  I bought this last summer but misplaced the charging cord at the end of the summer and out of protest (each Fitbit version has a new charging cord and looking at my old cords made me pissed), I decided I wasn’t going to use it until I found the darn charging cord.  9 months later charging cord found but the Fitbit is totally useless.

After all this nonsense and the residual anger about not being able to use old charging cords and bands, I am now seriously looking at Apple watches.  Fitbit stops being a better deal when you have to buy a new device every year and new accessories to go with it.  Totally frustrated and from the looks of this board, I am not the only customer Fitbit has recently lost to Apple.  It seems Fitbit is going the way of BlackBerry.  Too bad.

Best Answer

Mine worked fine for months until an update. Then my phone did not find it not matter what I did. Followed all the suggestions as you did. I temporarily used my work phone, iphone ,and it would work, but that is not the best option since it was a work phone. After months of try this and try that apparently they fixed whatever the update had disrupted. My phone now syncs,  it it takes forever, between 4 and 5 minutes which is ridiculous. I can definitely see why people are moving away from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I have been so frustrated, that I hadn't tried again for awhile.

I will again and see what happens. I really hope it works this time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow, that is crazy.

I have not even tried for awhile. I will try again. Hopefully it will work
and I won't need to upgrade to a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did all of it! Still can't sync its a piece of garbage! Hadn't worked properly since I bought it 10 months ago!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine won't even charge or display anything. Giving up on Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good idea. Finally bought the Versa 2, after 10 months it died. Bought the
two year warranty. Had to send everything back. Took over a month to get
the replacement. 4 weeks and they still didn’t receive it. Lots of calls,
on line chats and emails to get the replacement. --

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

This product is an absolute lemon and how FITBIT are "allowed" to get away with it is beyond me.  Now that Google is the "proud" owner of FITBIT, perhaps they will do something about it.  Until they do so, the trusting public will continue to be treated like mushrooms.  Has anyone noticed, there has not been a peep from the FITBIT administrators.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not true the admins have been quite involved. Solved my issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm surprised they let your reply go through. Most of mine are vetoed.

Best Answer
0 Votes