Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698

Lizzyfit,  That good to know but you should also be aware that this problem is not unique to IOS device i.e Apple products.  The sync is a problem with android devices as well.  I dont know if its your device or the software/app that is on the phone.  Given that it is a problem with all phones, it is highly likely that the Charge 3 is the problem.  Cant wait to see what FITBIT come up with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think we could be waiting a while for a full fix if ever, seems a little more stable since the last Apple upgrade but I still need to toggle Bluetooth on and off every time to get it to connect!

I think they have lost a lot of users with the poor response by executive to resourcing the problem.

Best Answer

I have the same problem with syncing with an android. So it is not just
with iOS.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they are more interested in selling the new Charge 4, or other fitbits 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, it seems to be the digital devices marketing strategy, nothing about building and RETAINING customers just turnover!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you participating in the Community Forums.

Thanks for keeping me posted about this situation, as well for your efforts while troubleshooting your Fitbit Charge 3. Just a small reminder, in order to keep the Community organized and avoid misunderstandings, please make sure to post on the thread dedicated to the specific situation. Should you have syncing issues on your iOS devices please keep posting here, and if you have another inquiry, please verify the dedicated thread or make a new one, so that the community can help you better.

About the Charge 3 not able to sync correctly to the iOS Fitbit app, our team continues working on this issue experienced after updating to iOS 13.4.1 and above. While there isn't a time frame for the fix, please make sure your iOS device and the Fitbit app are updated to the latest version. If that's done, please give one more try to the following steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iOS device, tap on the icon next to their Fitbit device and then on Forget this device.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth from any device that is nearby.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  4. A Bluetooth pair authorization should appear, tap pair. This will re-establish the Bluetooth connection between the Charge 3 and the Fitbit app.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

Fitbit will not listen...it is not just the IOS phones that are impacted.  My ongoing sync problems since January this year are with my Android phone.  Please, Fitbit, listen to your customers. 

Best Answer

Same for me

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit3 screen won’t light up n I’ve tried everything. An it’s a replacement

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go for another replacement, I am on my third and out of the original warranty, I gave up too early so I have a stripy screen but it kind of works and only syncs when I toggle blue tooth on and off! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

@zamboon @Pbaillie thank you for confirming that you have Android phones. I would like to confirm if you continue experiencing syncing difficulty with your devices? I will be glad to investigate further. You may also take a look at our Android App board where the Android users share their experiences and helpful tips. 

@Ballaghaderreen thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your Charge 3 won't turn on. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

@Lionfish thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. Have you tried to restart your tracker and change a clock face to resolve the issue with your Charge 3 screen? 

Looking forward to your responses.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK

My normal procedure for the last couple of months is a couple of times every day I need to toggle Bluetooth on and off then get the device to sync - that technique doesn't work anymore so I don't know whats changed?!

The screen will not respond to swipes or taps as of today so I can't do my normal restart!

I like the analog screen especially as the screen is stripy it is the only one that is vaguely legible.

Where to next?

Best Answer

Sorry Lionfish but I am out of ideas and breath! My charge 3 is only just functioning; I am sure it will give up some day.  Have you tried a new replacement from Fitbit? I am sorry I have lost track of how many users have had their device replaced.  The only other thing is to get a refund and get something like a Garmin which another user did and has been very happy with it.  I might switch to a Garmin too as I can upgrade to one that then use for golf!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed - mine is conveniently out of warranty but it is also my third 4 as I went through two under warranty so I am stuck with it until it dies - which I am sure wont be long - then I need to look around for an alternative!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been toggling Bluetooth on and off, also. It seemed to work OK until the last week or so. It's a hassle, but I could get my sleep stats and steps logged..

The last few days it is not syncing again. The app is up to date, the fitbit has been restarted 

This is so frustrating.

Best Answer

I agree, you develop a work around the problem then FitBit do something to render that work around obsolete but don't do anything about fixing the cause of the root cause of the problem!

Pity FitBit don't read theses posts and pass them to executive to get some support to fix the problem because I am sure they are loosing not only credibility but a lot of loyal users.

Best Answer

I checked and there was an update for the app. I installed it and my Charge 3 synced on the first try. Hopefully this continues.

Best Answer

Ok I’m on 1.63.5 and I thought these things updated automatically- how do I find out what the latest version is?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated the app on my phone through playstore

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is set (supposedly) to update automatically so not sure where to now?

Best Answer
0 Votes