Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with iPhone XR.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Charge 3 for Christmas and haven't had an issue with the connection or syncing at all, until today. My Fitbit won't sync to my phone anymore, and Charge 3 is not compatible with Mac, so I can't connect it to my computer.

I called customer service and we went through all of the basic "reboot" steps.

*Log out of the app and back in

*Restart the Fitbit

*Disconnect wifi/bluetooth and reconnect

*Charge the Fitbit while trying to connect

Nothing is working. The kind lady on customer service said that Fitbit isn't compatible with my device. Weird, because it has been working just fine for 3 weeks.

Is anyone else with an iPhone X or newer having this issue? I've seen a lot of posts about the new Samsung not connecting and wonder if it has something to do with the phones being newer?

Do we know when they're going to make our phones and Fitbit's compatible?

Any solution would be greately appreciated!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @finneseth6, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your epxerience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know you've contacted our Support Team and tried some troubleshooting steps. Please note that the iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR are already listed as compatible devices

With that said, I would like to suggest you to try the following steps if you're still having trouble syncing:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps in order:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @finneseth6, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your epxerience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know you've contacted our Support Team and tried some troubleshooting steps. Please note that the iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR are already listed as compatible devices

With that said, I would like to suggest you to try the following steps if you're still having trouble syncing:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps in order:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The final thing that worked was disconnecting the device from the app and setting it up again. This morning my Fitbit was 12 minutes behind on time.

Hopefully this fixes it for good! Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @finneseth6, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know your issue seems to have been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got an Apple XR and I can’t sync my Charge 2. I had an Apple SE prior to this and had no issues with syncing. I’ve tried everything suggested in the reply to this with no success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jenlisah thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have provided many details about your issue. Note that if you still have your iPhone SE with you, Go to the Bluetooth settings on this phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. After that, try to sync with your iPhone XR.

If you don't have your old phone at hand, let's try setting up your Charge 2 as a new device to establish a Bluetooth link with the new phone. None of your previous information will be deleted with this. 

To set up your Charge 2 as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Give these steps a try and let us know the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am. I have had the Charge 3 for one month and as of today, the device is now 30 minutes slower than the real time, is undiscoverable on the bluetooth, and cannot sync to the Fitbit app. And I literally have gone through all the troubleshooting steps. I have an appointment scheduled with Best Buy tech to try to resolve it. If it is unresolvable, I'm seriously at the point of ready to ask for a refund and apply the refund to a competitor's device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, for the second time today alone, the device now synced again, restored the correct time, and paired with my phone. Which more or less leads me to believe that this is a Fitbit issue and not an iPhone or Apple issue. I think Fitbit needs to figure out why this is happening and resolve it beyond "we can replace your device since it's under warranty." 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still nothing shows up and ap is stuck in search mode. It’s worthless to me any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of these steps multiple times and my phone ( iPhone XR) still gets stuck trying to find my Fitbit. I never had a problem with my iPhone 7 but now it isn’t working. I enter the passcode shown on the Fitbit and then wait 5 minutes to see nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem as other users. My Charge 3 seemed to have stopped syncing after the last iOS update. My phone can’t find my watch, and I’ve done all the steps suggested. Not sure what’s going on! 

Best Answer

Same issue here, after all trouble shooting , removed device to try and resolve, now I see “we found your tracker” and will not connect to my IPhone XR. So frustrating!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up going into the settings on the Fitbit and telling it to forget my old phone. Then it connected with the new one. Hope it helps you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks, that worked once for me for a few days. Wouldn’t sync again so I removed to reinstall again and now it after it identifies my device it won’t connect! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Extremely frustrating. It does not give me text or email alerts. This is a waste of money if it doesn’t do what it says it does. I’ve only had the fit for 4 months and now it’s useless with my iPhone XR. I’ve done everything under the sun. Reset all settings. Shut down and reset phone. rest Apps. reset Fit. Nothing works. So annoyed. Going to write to corporate !! When someone has a real and permanent solution please let me know. Can’t even resell this product even if I wanted to if it doesn’t function properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know!! I only had mine 3 months, I called and the tech support number and we went through a few more steps, nothing worked so they sent me a new device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
A new device? Let me know if that works. What’s the point of a new device if it doesn’t work period. Hopefully it does though - for all our world’s sake.! I have to call them I guess. Ugh! So annoyed still.
Best Answer
0 Votes
So far so good. We’ll see if this one lasts longer than 4 months 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just spoke to a customer service rep and they said it will be resolved soon ( he doesnt know when) and there’s nothing he can do. This is a joke.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem switching from an iPhone se to an XR just now. Followed all of these steps three times and some other random suggestions online and still it will not find the device. I had disconnected from the iPhone se and decided to try reconnecting and it worked with zero problems, same iOS version. The XR will not sync with the charge 3. I just got the Fitbit and my old phone is almost broken so I got this new one that has basically rendered this Fitbit useless. Is there anyone successfully using a charge 3 with an iPhone XR? What am I doing wrong here?

Best Answer
0 Votes