Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Steps without using a tracker.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I am a nurse and work 10-12hr shifts.  Unfortunately due to Health and Safety I am not allowed to wear my fitbit to work.  Is there a step app that links to the fitbit so I can still have my steps counted throughtout the day?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

This is not working for me.

UPDATE:

MobileTrack is not showing up  when I try to add a device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bshock0725, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know about this situation. Please note that MobileTrack is available on iOS devices starting with the iPhone 5S. Previous models are not compatible as they do not have the sensors MobileTrack use to record your information. If you're using a compatible phone, please let us know which model are you using and reply to us with a screenshot of what you're able to see when trying to add a new device in the Fitbit app. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using an Iphone 8, added mobile track - turned bluetooth on and walked around with my phone in hand,  It didnt record anything.  What am I missing?

Thanks for help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DLS123 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know about this situation. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to put your phone in your pocket when you're about to walk so MobileTrack can track your steps better. You don't need to enable Bluetooth for MobileTrack to work as it uses the sensors in your phone and not the Bluetooth itself. 

Give this a try and let us know how it goes. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you help with not being able to find Mobile Tracker in Fitbit with a Samsung Galaxy 10E?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi BC,
Hope this helps, its right at the top, if you have a picture on your profile, click on it, left corner of where it says fitbit. Other options are available under your profile button, thats where the mobile tracker option is available.
See pic below:
[cid:storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Screenshots_Screenshot_20191102-132605_Google_jpg_1572715631877]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My friend with email pdderoon@gmail.com-when we go to add device mobile tracker is not an option.

Cindy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try the profile? Where I told you to click on the portion where your picture is?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes and the mobile tracker option does not appear.

Cindy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bcwitt   Here is a link to the features that are available for your phone.  Your phone does not support MobileTrack.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

When you're on the page to check compatibility it says mobile tracker is compatible with mine. I have a Samsung note 9 but I don't see it when I follow the steps. This is soo frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I don't know if Samsung 9 has mobile tracker.

I have a Samsung 5 and the tracker option is in my profile, and I can add it and it tracks it.

Sincerely,
Brigitha.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Hope it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes