Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current heart rate not being displayed in iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've got all day sync activated and the app is current. If I quit the app and re-open it works for some time and then just shows resting heart rate.

It is recording heart rate as the graph over time updates. It just doesn't show current heart rate.

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
170 REPLIES 170

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the detailed information shared and for letting me know that the issue persists with the app release 3.29. I've shared your reports with my team and they will further investigate this. 

Your patience and understanding is truly appreciated. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit , @robsterc , @Shyam and others...

Please refer to my 08-18-2020 15:00 PDT post on page 7 and my 08-17-2020 17:07 PDT post on page 6.

I am now at day 17 of absolutely clean communications between my Versa 2 and the iOS apps Today screen. All because I gave up on Customer Service's copy-paste responses that lasted over six months, returning my device for a warranty replacement. The fact that I took another Versa 2 instead of an offered store credit for a Series 5 should tell you something.

When the device and app are able to work together I am one of FitBit's greatest fans. Just look at my numbers here on the boards. But sometimes you just have to realize that sometimes an individual piece of hardware can be flawed. 

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

@MrMarv 

It's good to hear you've had no reoccurrence of the problem.

However, since Fitbit continue to ignore requests to say whether they have replicated the problem and/or found the root cause, and since restarting the app resolves the problem temporarily, I would not say that faulty hardware is the most likely cause. I still think this is a problem with the code.

There are 2 Inspire HRs in my household. The app on the iPhones connected to both used to display the current heart rate but stopped at about the same time. A warranty replacement for one of them did not fix the problem (as I noted in a post shortly after you mentioned yours was fixed). Statistically a set of 3 is meaningless but all 3 came via different routes (2 online retail and 1 directly from Fitbit) and all have the same problem which seems to suggest that a high percentage of Inspire HRs have the problem.

Personally I have never had any problem with bluetooth connectivity. Both devices connected easily to their respective iPhones and always show as connected. Manually syncing also always works (I've probably only seen a handful of failures).

Best Answer

So unfortunately, the "fix" only lasted one day.  Today I'm back to resting heart rate only.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MrMarv @Midorinoji

I have to concur with Midorinoji; it just seems quite unlikely that so many different people would have the same hardware problem occur on/around the same date, which also happens to corresponds to a software release date.

That being said, there's probably a hint here given that replacing your hardware seems to have fixed the behavior, but I don't think it's a hardware failure. At any rate, congrats on putting this in your rear-view mirror!

Cheers - Chas

PS: Oh and thanks to @LiliyaFitbit for removing the "Answered" flag from this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bumping this to note that this is still a problem on my iPhone 11 Pro 13.7, Alta HR, iOS App version 3.29 (988).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello all
It’s been some time since I have responded.
I just updated to 3.30 but still my dashboard does not show the Current Heart Rate so I have no idea what 3.30 has done over the 3.29.
Any comments from Fitbit?

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all as well as @LiliyaFitbit :

I am also updated to 3.30 and still experiencing this problem. Is there any plan to address this, beyond hoping that disappointed customers get tired and go away?

Thanks in advance! Chas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting us know that there is still an issue with 3.30 which I've still to update to. 

@LiliyaFitbit why can't Fitbit support get this sorted? I'm beginning to feel no-one really cares about this issue at Fitbit. I'm keeping my eye on Apple Watch and the moment it has long enough battery life I'm gone. Waiting months for no fix just isn't good customer service.

Best Answer
I hear that!!!!!! Loud and clear!!
I still CANNOT believe that they haven’t fixed this issue!!! Talk about “customer satisfaction”!! Are you kidding me??? This is a joke!! Wonder if the guys at the top (of Fitbit) are aware of this ongoing problem!??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports. I'm sorry for the inconvenience experienced with the Fitbit app not showing your current heart rate. Our team has been informed of the impact this has caused you and they're working to bring a solution to all our affected users. Your feedback will be passed along and once I have more details from them, I'll update this thread.

Let me know if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit 

This has been said a number of times but there is never an update on the status. The only updates from Fitbit are statements that customer feedback has been passed on and announcements about new versions of the software (without any information on whether the changes are expected to fix or alleviate the effect of the bug)

Quite frankly, whilst I am sure this will be on a list of bugs being reviewed by the development team, I am very sceptical about implications that they are actively working on a solution. As a customer I have no idea how many bugs are on your "to do" lists nor how much development time is allocated to them but suspect that work on fixing this bug is being delayed because the team are working on other things.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit  @robsterc  @KateFitbit 

My iPhone SE auto updated to 3.30 and as usual it showed current heart rate for a short time and then returned to Resting Heart Rate. I’m now regretting I brought a Fitbit as a friend suggested I get a Garmin vivosport instead. I only brought the charge 3 so I could see my current heart rate and as it doesn’t count your steps when your hand is carrying something or is in your pocket a friend suggested I wear it around the ankle. 
I’m not a contortionist so cannot read the Charge 3 directly so rely on using the app! If it doesn’t get fixed then I won’t be buying another Fitbit again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit  Thanks for your reply but you must understand mine and others frustration. This issue has been logged on the forum for 3 months now. In that time it has never been clear that Fitbit have replicated the issue, are working to fix it, or have a release date to fix it. 

3 months is a long time to have an app unable to provide this basic functionality in the app. For those of us with devices in warranty does this mean we can have an extension to the warranty equal to the duration it will take the team to fix it or does this give us cause to return the device as not fit for purpose?

I'm not prepared to wait any longer.

Best Answer

Just an update for everyone else still struggling with this issue and wondering if we will ever get a fix. 

I've tried to escalate with Fitbit support and it is currently with a higher level of support. I've asked the questions that we have all be consistently asking  for almost 4 months now:

Is there a bug logged for this issue?

Have development been working on i, if there is?

Was it supposed to be fixed in any of the releases we've had in the passed months?

Is there a fix planned?

If so when?

I'm hoping this moves this forward but getting this information from Fitbit is like getting blood from a stone!

Best Answer
Thanks for the update, Rob. All of us hope that Fitbit can fix this problem.

Shyam

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@robsterc -

Good luck - and yes, I've kept my subscription to the thread active even if I did get my warranty replacement (and it's still working - crossing fingers).

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is is possible that this is actually fixed?? New update 3.32.1.

Suddenly this morning mine was showing current heart rate, but not resting (opposite of what it’s been doing for 4 months). Now it seems to be showing both. I’ll update if that changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spoke too soon. What was I thinking? Now it’s back to showing only resting heart rate. Four months, Fitbit!! Fix it!!

Best Answer

Just chiming in to remind @LizzyFitbit that this beyond annoying issue is still affecting us, despite your previous assurance that your developers have been aware of the problem for FOUR MONTHS  and EIGHT VERSION UPDATES now.

Best Answer