Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current heart rate not being displayed in iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've got all day sync activated and the app is current. If I quit the app and re-open it works for some time and then just shows resting heart rate.

It is recording heart rate as the graph over time updates. It just doesn't show current heart rate.

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
170 REPLIES 170

Hi,  looking for the right thread but an app update on ios has completely crashed the app itself.  Cannot launch the app or sync. App gives me a white screen with Fitbit  logo and nothing else.  Any idea what is going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMarv it's great you've got some of the functionality working currently.

I have updated the firmware on my Charge 3 and hoped it might fix the heart rate issue which feels like its somehow related to bluetooth.

It doesn't fix it for me and the issue remains. I'm still on 3.27. 

@KateFitbit we still haven't heard back from you to confirm that the devs are still looking at this and I'd like you to remove the best answer check on this thread as it is just not fixed.

Best Answer

@robsterc -

Twenty-four hours straight with no issues with the app's Today screen - including heart rate.

Maybe @KateFitbit can take this and your post to heart when discussing with the developers - it sure looks like they need to look at device communications - my replacing my Versa  2 yesterday and immediate acquiring a clean bluetooth pairing has made a large tremendous difference.

And there was no need to take the app out of memory at any time.

• I forced a sync
  • removed the old device from my account
  • performed a factory reset of the old device
  • handed the Customer Service rep the old device
  • took the new device home
  • added the new device
  • answered one, and only one, request to pair the device

And my "white-screened" charge3 had no issues when I tested it on the 5th - nor did my Alta HR on the 4th.

Admittedly, the issues with my old Versa 2 were wide-reaching - full Today screen update stoppage (not just heart rate), no automatic syncing, the loss of between 8 to 12 different features on my device which required device-to-phone communications depending on which release of the app I was on, etc.

Good luck - I'll be around.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Co-incidentally I also got a new Inspire HR under warranty yesterday. It wasn't to replace mine but another in the family which had been having the same problems (plus some more serious ones which justified the replacement).

I deleted the old device from that account and added the new one with no problems. Obviously as part of the setup the firmware is updated and it is running version 1.88.11. The app is still version 3.27 and it only shows resting heart rate so the new firmware has not fixed the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue others have described. Resting shows, then a minute or two of actual, back to resting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
All
My charge 3 does not show Current Heart rate all the time but shows Resting Heart rate. This is even after I downloaded 3.28. So 3.28 did not help my case. I have also downloaded the new firmware.
I also have problems with the Charge 3 losing its Blue Tooth pairing with my XR quite frequently. I then have to go to Settings and Blue Tooth, forget device, then back to the Fitbit app for pairing. The process is a pain but have no recourse as don’t want to buy another Charge 3 which I like because of its size and what I need from a watch.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have the issue. Is there a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  Fitbit have incorrectly marked this as answered but the issue still persists.

Best Answer

This is obviously not fixed, how can we get the "Answered" unchecked so Fitbit will look at it?

I'm on 3.28 and am unable to get current heart rate to display for any length of time.  This has been happening for several months.  I have tried:

- Forgot the Bluetooth connection.

- Rebooted the tracker (many times)

- Logged out and in to the app

- Deleted the app and reinstalled it after rebooting the iPhone

- Changed the tracker heart rate from auto to on (currently it is on)

In most all cases, I get a current heart rate to display after one of the above actions only to have it disappear awhile later.  I'm not sure what you are looking for with a screenshot (the app stops showing current heart rate and only shows resting heart rate).

iPhone 6s with iOS 13.6.1

Charge 2 Tracker

Fitbit App 3.28

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel - I updated to app v3.29 today and so far I'm getting a current heart rate.  Fingers crossed.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Our team has started releasing iOS app 3.29. Please make sure to update to that version and let me know if you continue experiencing this issue. 

@JS4269 Thank you for confirming that the current heart rate is showing after the app update. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to 3.29 yesterday and mine still only shows resting heart rate unless I completely restart the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LiliyaFitbit :

Could you PLEASE un-mark this thread as "Answered" until there is actual evidence that the bug has been fixed?

Thanks in advance for not just flat-out ignoring my request, but also of others, including the original poster of this thread @robsterc , who have all asked the same.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit Once again you are asking customers to upgrade to the latest version of the app without saying whether your development team believe the problem has been fixed. Since it is now 3 days since the app was released, the impression is that your post was prompted by @JS4269 's post rather than information shared internally at Fitbit. @JS4269 just said that the heart rate was showing "so far" but not how long it had been since the update so there is no way of knowing whether it is a good sign or just the effect of restarting the app.

As @ChasBFit says, this thread is still marked as solved and requests for that flag to be removed are being ignored. @jillnicesteppin has confirmed that there is no change so this thread should not be marked as solved. 

Best Answer

The latest app update AGAIN does not fix the problem. Mine showed the real heartbeat until the second time I opened the app. So nothing has changed. Everyone’s questions and requests are being ignored. This has gone on much too long.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just updated to 3.29 and I only see my Resting Heart Rate. So unfortunately, the problem is not fixed.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to 3.29 just before my last post. Current heart rate was displayed in the app for somewhere between 3 and 4 hours (possibly a slight improvement but maybe nothing to do with the change in version) but after that it reverted to displaying resting heart rate only.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit thanks for picking up on this long running issue without a fix.

As the original poster please can I ask again that the "answered" is removed from this thread as this issue is not resolved.

I agree with others who have already responded that much like all earlier updates the issue remains. If current heart rate returns to the Today screen it doesn't persist.

Hopefully now you are reviewing this thread we will get the answers we just haven't got from your colleagues:

• is support able to replicate the issue?
  • are they working on a fix?
  • which update is the fix scheduled for?

Without these answers we are all left hanging. 

Best Answer
Update: I updated app yesterday. Already today it does not show current heart rate. Not sure why this fix is so difficult for an app that specializes in displaying such information.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Updated yesterday and still no change.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes