Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current heart rate not being displayed in iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've got all day sync activated and the app is current. If I quit the app and re-open it works for some time and then just shows resting heart rate.

It is recording heart rate as the graph over time updates. It just doesn't show current heart rate.

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
170 REPLIES 170

@tkmcp @Nng414 

Have you tried this? It never fails for me, and only takes a second or two; quite a bit easier than reboot the device or re-installing the software or logging out logging in:

Quit out of the FitBit app as described by Apple here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

Then, click on the FitBit icon to launch FitBit again.

I do this between 2 and 10 times a day; it's almost unconscious by now.

Best Answer
Chase
Thanks and I may try this but not sure if it’s worth it to do this just to look at tge Current Heart Rate. Lol!
I just hope Fitbit can configure this out soon.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
The update did nothing to help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey everyone- at this stage, the issue should be resolved. If you still have the issue on 3.27 can you please supply a screenshot and details on what is happening that we can pass on to the team? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KateFitbit 

I have no idea why you might think 3.27 fixes the issue. Shortly following its release, several people (including myself) have already previously noted that it does NOT fix the issue.

I repeat: 3.27 does NOT fix the issue. Kind of makes me wonder if you're reading this thread correctly. And I wonder who marked this as "Best Answer".

Have you verified that your developers can reproduce this issue? If not, then it is unlikely that they can tell whether they've fixed it or not.

Best Answer
Kathy Dubes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still no display!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Kate
I agree that the 3.27 did not fix the issue of displaying Current Heart Rate.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hopefully Kate and Lizzy are reading this message tgat 3.27 does not fix the issue.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit 

3.27 does not fix the issue. Other people on this post have told you so too. Other people I know who are not on this forum have the same issue. How can this be resolved.

At no stage has Fitbit told us they have fixed the issue in 3.27. You did not respond to my request to tell us which version the fix was planned for so we would all be waiting for at least 3.27.1.

why do you believe it is fixed? Do you have all staffers and test iPhones continually displaying current heart rate on the Today screens?

Best Answer

@KateFitbit 

If your development team have told you the issue is fixed, please tell us which version it is fixed in. The latest released version is still 3.27 which, as everyone is telling you, does not fix the problem. 

To avoid confusion can you please also remove the "Best Answer" flag from your post as this issue is not resolved.

Best Answer

@KateFitbit 

0A4B8F82-A606-40EA-A8A0-2A4B9BDAAB91.png

 still not showing current heart rate, it did appear for a short time but when I went to another app and came back to Fitbit app the current heart rate has gone again 🙁

Have you been able to create the fault yet?

Best Answer
IT IS NOT— I REPEAT- NOT- FIXED!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit -

I will have to agree that you were a little premature in stating "the issue should be resolved", especially marking your post as "Best Answer" - isn't this @robsterc 's thread? It isn't like he has abandoned it.

IMG_0333.PNG

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
All
I was prompted for an update for my Charge 3 which I did, took over an hour but that’s okay.
After this update, the Current Heart rate started showing and I was excited. However, after a couple of hours, we are back again to Resting Heart rate! A big disappointment!

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

For me as well. I did the Firmware update and the app is updated and still no resting heart rate for any length of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Release 3.28 is now in the app store, though I haven't updated yet and will not be for at least another 24 hours - b-e-c-a-u-s-e...

Many of you may be aware that I have been trying to point out to the FitBit support and development people that they may want to look into device bluetooth issues as well as the app.

I have stated this because the Versa 2 I purchased in January has never paired with my phone. I have even shown Customer Support that iOS app release 3.27 does not have the heart rate display issues when I replaced the Versa 2 with either my Charge 3 or my Alta HR.

After no response from Customer Support, I visited my local Best Buy at noon today and was allowed an in-warranty replacement - 200 days after purchase.

My new device P-A-I-R-E-D immediately and has been communicating to the app and syncing to the web every 15 minutes for nearly 3 hours now - no matter what I try that has, in the past, caused that link to fail. It just keeps on truckin'.

Another side benefit is that I now have text, call and calendar notifications as well as agenda updates and other such things.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Jill
Unfortunately, downloading 3.28 and updating my Charge 3 showed the Current Heart rate initially but now my Dashboard is back to showing the Resting Heart rate and not the Current Heart rate.
Too bad Fitbit cannot resolve this problem although appears they are trying.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes