Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459

I bought a Alta HR for my girlfriend as a replacement for their UP (Jawbone), because it's damaged. The Alta HR is small enought for my girlfriends wrist, it has a good quality and the band is changeable. My girlfriend does sync the walked steps with their health insurance app (using Apple Health) to get some money back at the end of the year. This worked great with the Jawbone app. But soon, as my girlfriend activated their new gift, she was very upset - she did not find any way to sync the data to the Apple Health app. Me neighter. So the birthday present was more or less a frustration - for me and my girlfriend. We googled throught the whole day to find a solution. Are you serious? We had to buy some more apps, just trying to find one to sync the FitBit data to the Apple Health app. Jawbone did a better job - software side. That's sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been over two years and still without a solution. It's disappointing that the Fitbit software R&D team is not as responsible as customer service.

Best Answer

I COMPLETELY agree w/you Rhunderhill!  It's interesting how there are all these complaints, but I own an iPod (which I don't use any more due to the other devices I now have, but still I have it. It was actually my first apple purchase), an iPhone, an iPad, and I'm on my third Mac. STILL I would not even so much as CONSIDER pitching an expensive behind Apple Watch!  ESP when the fitbit can do everything I need for a FRACTION of the price!  I'm completely w/u on this one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, I couldn't give a FLYING FIG (not sure if I can say words w/any deeper level of intensity on here as this is my first time using the forum) about my info being synced or whatever w/apple Heath tracker. As long as I can sync to/use the Fitbit app, I'm good! I don't need it to be integrated everywhere!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been a fitbit user for a number of years now (always used w/an iPhone) and it has not ever phased me that I couldn't connect w/apple health app. Im wondering if there even was an apple health app when I purchased my first fitbit?  I honestly don't remember. But yeah, I am sooooo satisfied w/fitbit and it's performance that this is my SECOND fitbit device purchase!  And the only reason I'm even on a second device, which, by the way, was delivered today from Amazon, is b/c I lost the first one. It never broke down and I never experienced a syncing problem, and I owned my device for a number of YEARS!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanxx 4 this info. If I HAD been contemplating purchasing a PRICEY Apple Watch, which I wasn't, you've just confirmed my suspicions and doubts about it!  Now I don't have to waste any of my HARD EARNED money on that product!  I'm perfectly happy w/my fitbit in terms of cost vs. quality, among NUMEROUS other reasons. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you know that the hr monitor doesn't work or is innacurate?  I've been using a Fitbit for years, however it was the flex, which did not have an hr monitor. I just received my shipment of the charge 2 today, which does include an hr monitor. How can you tell if the reading is accurate or not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I have not EVER used the apple health app!  I find everything I need w/fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please sync apple health steps with Fitbit!!!

Best Answer

If you guys at Fitbit are completely against allowing Health to "write" to Fitbit, you could at least help us Apple Users but allowing Heath to "read" from Fitbit. There has to be some kind of compromise that will (somewhat) satisfy the desires of IOS users and protect the integrity of the Fitbit model. Yes, No? 

Best Answer
One way Fitbit to Apple health not to Fitbit, Nike running also syncs to Apple health so health will have all data but app not as flashy
Best Answer

I would really like this feature as I use both my Fitbit and Apple Watch 

Best Answer

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree! Fitbit should at least be able to write information onto the health app. I am currently transitioning from using many different apps: sleep cycle for sleep quality, Nike+ for running and the health app for steps. My idea was to only use Fitbit, but it is disappointing that the systems don't communicate. It means I lose all historical data, or I have to manage it with 2 separate systems.

All it needs is to write in the health app so I can see it all in one place in the transition.

Best Answer

I originally thought Fitbit didn't have the development resources to get the Apple Health intergration complete. 

After all these years of watching much smaller (and much bigger) companies integrate with Apple Health, I have to believe it's very intentional. Why would Fitbit or the industry want you to have a full picture of your health and all the factors that affect it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple health App allows me to share my health data directly with my physician through their app. I own a fit bit and a Fitbit scale. I am deeply disappointed that in spite of several years of Fitbit owners complaining here, nothing has been done. I own the latest Apple watch and iPhone 7S+. I am unlikely to be buying any more Fitbit products nor recommending any for their intransigence and petty mindedness. Fight with Apple as much as you want, compete with them, but if you start scrwing your own customers, not good for future business. You have made your own bed. 

Best Answer

Completely agree, I'm done with Fitbit, just bought myself an Apple watch after my Fitbit stopped working (after just over a year), not only Fitbit doesn't work well with others, but the products are overpriced and low quality. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not ready to leave Fitbit yet as I love their step and sleep data...and
their price point is not bad. Yet, it's painfully obvious they have to do
something about either making the data available to Apple Health or coming
up with an app that matches.I'm hoping Fitbit will remain a market leader.
Best Answer

Just bought two fitbit charge 2's at beginning of July and thought, ooh will sync to apple health then found this thread.  Shame that with all the interest this feature request is being ignored. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds almost ridiculous and very disappointing for many customers. 
I invite all customers to sign this petition to ask this integration between FitBit and iOS Health or Google Fit

Best Answer