Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459
I wrote this post over a year ago.
Since then, I have been using Fitbit software. I don’t have the inkling to spend my time looking for software fixes, so I have simply accepted Fitbit’s mediocrity. I like the hardware and when I go online, some of the non-phone based parts of the application are pretty good. Still doesn’t compare to the Withings intuitiveness though…. mind you, neither does Apple’s.
Thanks for your comment, and I don’t disagree with you about Apple products.
Merry Christmas
Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be Awesome if Fitbit would sync with Apples Health app so my sleep log would sync and I wouldn't have to add it to the Health app every day. 

Spoiler

Best Answer

Two and half years later and you're still sending people to this black hole? There are 4000+ comments and votes and none of you at Fitbit have responded. Fitbit is not the only game in town, and, without HealthKit, it's not the best either.

Best Answer

+1 for syncing with Apple health app

Best Answer

Got my Apple watch.  I just want to go on record it was 100% because of lack of Healthkit integration. I have friends on Fitbit, but I am leaving.  They have the best ios app, but I am leaving. I have used them for the last 6 years, but I am leaving.  I want my data open and available to how I want to use it.

Adios Fitbit community!

Best Answer

Am gonna drop from this community as I have sold the fitbit to buy a apple watch. So finally I have my health data syncrhonized with the Health app.

Won't buy a Fitbit product anymore in the future...

Best Answer

I sure wish it would work with apple health 

Best Answer

Just bought my friend a Fitbit so I came here looking for info about their product integration with Apple, as I was thinking of switching from Jawbone... Personally I use a Jawbone UP3 (primarily for sleep) AND an Apple Watch + Apple Health & MyFitnessPal for everything else, but my UP3 bands keep breaking, and I'm out of warranty, so I won't receive exchanges anymore. 

I was literally ready to spend money on a new Fitbit today, so I downloaded the app and created an account... and only then went searching for the HealthKit settings. Obviously I never found them so that's what brought me here. 

Um, I no longer plan to buy a Fitbit product and the app will be deleted after I finish this post. I'm also a little embarrassed that I gave a Fitbit as a gift before realizing this startling shortcoming. Dude... really? No HealthKit? Ok, I guess... Jawbone's app is better anyway and they have supported Apple Health for a long time. I guess I'll just buy another Jawbone UP3 for less than half the cost of a Fitbit. EPIC fail for Fitbit imho.

Best Answer

Pitter Patter. Go Git at 'er. Just go do it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, just bought a FitBit today - cannot even fathom they won't sync data with Apple HealthKit. Nobody wants a tracker that cannot properly integrate with all their other fitness products. Returing it tomorrow.

Best Answer

My Fitbit was charging and I forgot to get it when I went out. But the health app on my iPhone has recorded that I have over 2000 steps today. There should 100% be a way to link it to IPhone Health. Especially since some health insurance companies give discounts for reaching step goals each day. It would allow iPhone users a backup system

Best Answer

deleted message

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chuck3 wrote:

Wow, just bought a FitBit today - cannot even fathom they won't sync data with Apple HealthKit. Nobody wants a tracker that cannot properly integrate with all their other fitness products. Returing it tomorrow.

yes , i want it

please return it to me

Best Answer

@Dalestorm wrote:

My Fitbit was charging and I forgot to get it when I went out. But the health app on my iPhone has recorded that I have over 2000 steps today. There should 100% be a way to link it to IPhone Health. Especially since some health insurance companies give discounts for reaching step goals each day. It would allow iPhone users a backup system

I hate when I leave mine also. 

However, unless you have 3rd party app Fitbit is not the source of your steps. Apple Health picks up from the phone itself by default. Usually lower number than your Fitbit. 

If you have more than 1 source, you have to turn off some to prevent double counting. 

---------- Carpe diem - exercise!
Best Answer

Need this feature. Can't imagine why it doesn't already exist. I wear my charger 2 more than I have the iPhone but the iPhone consolidates all health data (gym, zombie run etc). Let's get this done people.

Best Answer

I know this is old but really solved free app - Powersync

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7474417?start=0&tstart=0

Best Answer

If Fitbit does not want to sync to the Apple Health app then I think I'll buy an Apple watch instead of the surge I wanted. Does anyone else think the same way I do?

Best Answer

I cannot believe this. I thought for sure I just wasn't finding the feature. What an embarassment. Was thinking of buying one of their products but would this is just a joke. no syncing with health app? are you serious?

Best Answer

Thanks for the info in this thread guys and girls.

I ordered a Charge 2 on Amazon and in anticipation installed the Fitbit app on my iPhone. When I didn't see preferences to sync data with the Apple Health app, I started researching, only to discover this thread. I'm with most of you, this seems non-sensical and would be easy to implement. But more importantly, I'm appaled that Fitbit hasn't responded to the requests from loyal users after two years.

There's a silver lining though... I was just in time to cancel my order on Amazon.

Best Answer

Is this problem solved ?

I am highly disappointed that fitbit to not compatible with IoS health app.

What wrong ?

Best Answer