Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459

Fitbit's app should only get 1 star. I would give it 0 stars if possible. Fitbit states that it is integrated with iOS when it is not. That is false and deserves 1 star. The resolution is for Fitbit to state it is not compatible and explicitly list why. That way people wouldn't be suckered into thinking they are getting something they are not.

Best Answer

ok this has been up for years, this is the top voted feature here, fitbit remains silent ...

down rating the app to 1 star ... follow !

Best Answer
I find it strange that they haven't added this feature. I get that they are compatible but it's kind like cutting your nose off to spite your face. please add it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's the reason I ended up getting an Apple Watch instead of the Fitbit Blaze.  Their loss.

Best Answer

If I know it doesn't directly sync with Apple Health, I would not buy Fitbit, but go with Withings.

Best Answer

There seem to be a lot of apps that will sync your Fitbit data to Apple health. 

After syncing - I find I don't use Apple health at all but use the Fitbit app which is much nicer and better looking . 

I personally dont don't see the benefit of this feature request any more and would rather see other improvements like custom activities in the charge 2 menu  it might be worthwhile creating a thread to debate this if others don't  agree but would be interesting to see if others have changed their mind after using their Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very interested in having the integration. The Fitbit app is fine if you just want to look it individual categories of the data it tracks and nothing else. Integration allows you to correlate your Fitbit data with other aspects of your overall health and lifestyle. How your activity level affects your blood pressure is one example, but there are several others. There are apps that let you view sleep data side by side with other health factors as another example. 

There's a reason the App Store is filled with apps to work around this limitation. 

If Fitbit wrote to the IOS Health app. Then other apps could read that data and display it in ways that are useful. No app is going to be all things to all people. Apps that integrate with IOS Health don't have to be. People can use the combo of integrated apps they need, to see the data they want.  Almost every modern app I've come across offers this functionality. Just yesterday someone else here said they wouldn't buy a Fitbit if they knew integration wasn't an option. The more people expect to use their data their own way, the more wide spread that sentiment will be. 

Growing dissatisfaction and potential sales losses over this are bad for Fitbit as a company.  That makes this problem bad for all Fitbit users. 

Best Answer
Thanks for the great responses guys !

I can see that this has touched a nerve but I am little confused !

I don't understand why it's causing dissatisfaction.

You can sync with Apple health just you need to use another app add on.

. If you want Apple health sync then you can get it for less than the price
of a coffee by buying any one of the top 3 or 4 apps that sync your data
from your fit bit.

What am I missing out on ?
Is it that people can't afford these apps or aren't sure which ones work ?

Or is is that you want to have a super bloated Fitbit app that does
everything for everyone and is slow as heck ? I personally don't - I like
speed.

I would like to try phrase what's missing in a constructive way to help the
Fitbit team.

As I said before I used those apps to sync my Fitbit data to Apple health
but never looked at anything except Fitbit so I removed them from my phone.

--
Sent from my mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sigh, integrating HealthKit doesn't mean a slow app at all!

The problem here is Apple is not considered a partner and has a competing product.

I gave up waiting on FitBit to resolve this and ended up with an Apple Watch.

Apple does lots of things well, such as Bluetooth music, can swim with it, untethed GPS... but overall this comes at a cost and I'd say the FitBit as a fitness device was better particularly in the battery department.

If FitBit could sync live Heart Rate data rather than a once a day average I would totally have kept it. This is what's missing heart rate export. If a new product comes out I might consider dumping Apple but pretty unlikely.

Best Answer

I agree that the app should not be bloated. As I said in my last post, integrated apps don't need to be. All third party apps used to sync are not created equal. You basically have to search for recommendations, read reviews, and hope for the best. Fortunately there are good apps available, but I find this situation less than ideal for a couple of reasons. 

First, a built in Fitbit solution would presumably be better than any work around and it would be consistent. Third party apps vary in which data elements they sync. Personally I'm using two apps to get everything I want. 

Secondly since their their stance is not to support syncing the data, they could at any time release an update that disallows third party apps to work. This has happened with at least one app I know of before. 

When an app is lacking what has come to be expected as a basic function on IOS, it's a red flag for new users. I assumed syncing as a given. If I'd checked before my purchase I'd have strongly considered something else. 

I decided to make do. I'd think they wouldn't want their customers' initial experience to be searching for third party apps in order to "make do". 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SheriLJ What apps do you use? and what features: - maybe we should put
together a list and find if there is one app that does the lot - and it
might be helpful for others.

When I say bloat - its caused from adding infinite new features and not
taking out things that aren't used.

Look at facebook as a prime example before they split out features into
seperate apps. It was buggy and a hulk that took up your whole phone
--
Sent from my mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use myFitnessSync for most data, and I use Full Sleep Sync to get more details about my sleep data. 

Once my my data is in IOS Health, I use other apps to look at it in relation to things like my blood pressure. I'd never expect Fitbit to a add blood pressure function. That would definitely be bloat. 

If they ever disallow third party app syncing, that would be a big loss for me. Given their current stance, I'm basically counting on the hope that they won't. After buying this device, hoping I can keep using it the way I need to shouldn't be a factor. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wwife and I love our fitbits. We also would like to have the data available in the Apple Health app.

Please make it possible to sync with the Apple Health app.

Thank you.

Best Answer

This issue is not "solved". I bought a fitbit not knowing about this limitation. If I hadve known beforehand I would have gone with something else. This is such a simple feature to implement and it's arrogant to refuse it to your user base. 

Certainly won't be recommending any fitbit products to my friends. When the one I have breaks Ill move on to a more cooperative platforn that integrates with the OS. 

Best Answer

That's great that it is "under consideration." It's been that way for over 2 years. I think an overwhelming plethora of Fitbit users would like an honest answer if it's really being considered and if not, just tell us so we can move onward...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesnt seem like theyve considered it for a couple years now: https://9to5mac.com/2014/10/08/fitbit-says-it-has-no-current-plans-for-ios-8-health-app-integration/

Maybe if enough people make noise here theyll review their decision. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I believe it is more Apples backwardness more than anything. Once they come up with a product them they break all ties with who they have been working with. I saw just this week that Apple will no longer work with Withings scales as they are  now introducing their on scales. This was what happened with fitbit, Apple and fitbit worked pretty good together for a while then Apple introduced apple watch and shut fitbit out. SO maybe it is Apple everyone need to show anger towards. They are the ones that prefer to be a proprietary company. If it don't have their name on it they don't want it no longer than they have to have it.  This is my opinion and mine alone I do not speak for fitbit. But Inhave had th fitbot for over 6.5 years ever since they released the original units and have watched this happen. 

Craig Raper

Please remember to mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find posts and remarks helpful vote for them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Funny, I have a Withings scale and it still works as well today with Apple Health and HealthKit as it did prior to the Nokia lawsuits. Such misinformation...
Best Answer

Interestingly enough, there are other health tracking products still sold in apple's store and comparable to Fitbit, such as Misfit. Just an observation. https://www.google.com/amp/www.techtimes.com/amp/articles/19825/20141110/apple-gives-fitbit-products...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish people would do research before speaking of which they do not know. Nokia is suing Apple across the world (Germany, US, and other places) for patent infringement. Apple says they are willing to pay, but Nokia, after buying Lucent/Alcatel patents, wants too much. Apple pulled Withings products from their stores as a result. Withings products still work with HealthKit. Since Apple has an open API for any developer (who is not selling health data out of HealthKit to use), this is all on Fitbit. Not on Apple. This has been discussed in this thread many times and every time someone (Fitbit fanboy?) claims Apple is at fault, it has been disabused.

Fitbit has said they are not interested in integrating, have removed integration with other "vaults" and still people wait. If integration is important to you, find another product. There are many out there that feed and read data from HealthKit.

Best Answer
0 Votes