Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459

Just learned my Fitbit won't sync with Apple HealthKit. Smiley Mad I can't believe it. There are 100s of FREE apps that sync with HealthKit yet FitBit won't? It's not a development or tech issue. It's ownership of data or spite with Apple. Bad business decision. Luckily, I only bought the Fitbit One. So little financial investment. While I'm out of the return period I can still cause problems. I'm going to junk this device and complete a zero star review from where I bought it citing this sync issue AND the fact that customers have been asking for this feature for three+ years. This second point is perhaps the worst of the issues... Horrible customer service. 

Best Answer

I just bought a charge 2 and guess I should have done more research. I just assumed it integrated with Apple health kit. After an hour of frustration trying to get Fitbit to sync with HealthKit and other apps I wound up in this thread. 

It is completly unacceptable that Fitbit won't sync with health kit. Good thing Costco has a good returns policy because the charge2 is going back. Fitbit is useless to me without health kit integration.

Best Answer

Also, if Fitbit is choosing to not integrate with Apple HealthKit because it is a "so called" competitor to Apple Watch then their logic is seriously flawed. If I was on the fence about buying an Apple Watch Vs. a Fitbit, the fact that Fitbit won't integrate with health kit would make the decision a no brainer. Apple Watch all the way! If they truly want to compete with Apple Watch then you need to give people a compeling reason to buy your product and health kit integration would be it!

Best Answer

Funny thing is that Fitbit openly send data to Virgin Pulse (employer driven fitness app).  So they just choose not to give apple the data.  They do not have the clout to do so.  They will be remembered as palm of trackers...

Best Answer
The Apple Watch doesn't do 24 hour heart rate monitoring or automatic sleep tracking which for me was a deal breaker. I can make do with several devices and the Fitbit app is quite good.

Sent with Unibox
Best Answer

@rhunderhill Ummm...I'm not really sure what you are talking about in regards to the Apple Watch. Do you have one? I'm looking at my heart rate stats in Apple Health and I see readings almost every 3 minutes. Sure, it might not be constant when I'm sitting at my desk, but every 3 minutes is pretty good. And then it is even more regular during a workout – I counted and I had 13 readings recorded in 1 minute of a workout. I sleep with my Apple Watch nightly. I have AutoSleep and it tracks my sleep every night with no input from me. I also have an Oura ring which is a dedicated sleep tracker and the two are very close. Fitbit was cool back in 2013. Unfortunately, the company decided they did not want to participate in the "health record" movement and decided to have a walled garden. I refuse to give my money to a company that does not listen to their users and even worse, does not care what their users want.

Best Answer

I also think that it is unacceptable that fitbit doesn't sync directly to apple health kit. 

More than Half of fitbit users have an iPhone and they can't use the health app.

Although I'm enjoying using my new charge 2 I've given it a very low rate in my review because this makes it very hard for me to keep motivation

Best Answer

I bought the new Alta HR yesterday and have decided to return it.  Part of its value for me was the use with my Apple Health App and I assumed wrongly that it would do so.  Very disappointing.

Best Answer

Please do consider integrating!! Apple health communicates much better with other apps that reward activity and syncs data much more accurately. I end up carrying my phone around to get credit for steps on other apps besides Fitbit. Defeats the whole purpose of why I bought a pedometer. 

Best Answer

I have bought the Apple Watch instead of a Fitbit simply because of this sync issue.  I have no time and interest in doing any manual sync between the watch I use daily and the app I check daily.  The Fitbit Alta I have already bought is now my daughter's toy. 

Best Answer

I would understand this if... 1) Fitbit's HR monitoring worked. It sucks if you're doing anything other than sitting down. Seriously awful! Apple's works very well and it takes your HR every few minutes, with continuous monitoring during exercise when you need it most. 2)  There is a third party sleep app that works as well as Fitbit, plus it takes your heartrate throughout the night as well.  I'm referencing the series 2, as that's what I have.

Fitbit needs to get with that program.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never did like the aria Fitbit but I just love my blaze and with the myFitnessSync app it works even better with the Apple health u should try the blaze

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

As an iPhone user, the only problem is for the price of a blaze, I could spend a  hundred bucks more and have an Apple Watch with dozens more features. Blaze doesn't make sense for iPhone users in my opinion.

Best Answer
I have an Apple Watch as well but if you want to track your sleep as well as daily activity forget it. If you use the Apple Watch any amount at all it won't last a full 24 hours without needing to be charged. I get almost a week before I need to charge my Fitbit.

Jodie Moreau
Best Answer

I just got my first iPhone a few days ago, have had my Blaze for a few months. Completely agree, I'm already plotting my move away from fitbit. This is such a dumb move on their part.

Best Answer

Apple Watch Series 2 has a much better battery life. I would say I get double the battery time between charges with my series 2 than I did with my first Apple Watch. I wear it all the time, except in the shower when I charge it. Doing this and this and occasionally topping it off during the day gives me excellent battery life considering I have news alerts going off constantly from most major publishers and work chatter via Slack. Fitbit seems to be reaching for oblivion based on their policies and lack of vision.

Best Answer
Thanks for the update. However, i am interested in having a nice thin watch
or tracker like fitbit flex 2

Are these available?

Thanks

Nathalie
Best Answer

I just realized, shortly after buying my wife and I FitBits, that they do not sync with the Apple Health app. Wow. I though that was such a foregone conclusion that I didn't even think to verify ahead of it. What a boneheaded move. I'll be returning both devices... bummer. Back to the drawing board.

Best Answer
The fitbit app is one of the best. It just depends what other health data you feel the need to have in one place. I rarely use the health app aa it's quite unwieldy in my opinion. Fitbit devices are still very good.

Sent with Unibox
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not having incorporated Apple HealthKit into FitBit makes the product significantly less. Over 2-years and no support begs the question as to exactly what Fitbit's true proactive health concern is for their customers who use Apple iPhones with iOS 8 and beyond. Integration of iOS Fitbit App in to Apple Health App isn't that complex or difficult. Perhaps new software developers or management is needed? Let's move on this. 

Best Answer