Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459

Will my fitbit charge 2 store my work-out data untill I have my phone in range to sync, or must my phone be connected during work-out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like I should return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To not auto-sync with Apple's Health App is lunacy. They are not competitors in any way. Whoever made the decision to decouple from this dominant smartphone should fire themselves and go back for an MBA. Connections build brands!

Best Answer

Fitbit is not a product I'm interested in because of its product design. What is needed for good health is an integration of health information. Apple's Health App is far superior at integration than Fitbit's closed proprietary software. They learned long ago by closing the doors to other applications would put them out of business.  That's a fate a fit bit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i could not agree more with the above - not connecting with one of two major platforms is just insane. is apple preventing it? if so i'll redirect my ire. 

Best Answer

This is just one more reason I won't buy fitbit ever again, unless there is a drastic change. My charge HR is starting to appear like the band is going to detach from the watch, and it's not even 2 years old. For a watch that cost $120+, no integration with Apple health, and such a poor quality, I just don't see any reason why anyone would buy it again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DougChicago wrote:

i could not agree more with the above - not connecting with one of two major platforms is just insane. is apple preventing it? if so i'll redirect my ire. 

No, Apple health framework is completely open, any iOS developer can develop an app that can share data with Apple health. I know app development, and this should only take one developer a few months, at most, an experienced dev could probably do this in a few weeks. Why Fitbit hasn't made this a priority is shocking, this is just one more reason I won't buy Fitbit ever again. My guess is that Fitbit wants to lock user data in their platform only, which really pissed me off!!  

https://developer.apple.com/reference/healthkit

Best Answer

Nothing new since 2014 people are asking the sync with iOS health !

when will you do something ?? It's really needed !

thanks 

Best Answer

I would also like a HealthKit app to the Fitbit divice. Or to track / log blod results, temp, and medicine etc

Best Answer

HealthKit app for android? Like the IOS helth app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using Mobile Tracker to sync my Apple Health to my Fitbit account.  The numbers are way off.  Example for today.  Health app says I have 13,303 steps.  When Mobile Tracker syncs with Fitbit it only shows 10,844 steps.  Anyone else seeing this discrepancy?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really don't want to get the Apple Watch I found a app that does sync with my health app it's my fitness sync and it works great even syncs bike riding unless someone buys me a Apple Watch I probably won't get one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My ChargeHR broke, and I am seriously debating whether to replace it with Fitbit, or go to Apple Watch because of this issue.   We were going to update all of our bands when I got a new one, and get a second aria for the other bathroom, but right now I need the aria to sync with Health, because I have another medical program that needs to pull information from Health and I don't want to manually enter my weight every day because it can trigger severe OCD reactions and the fact I can step on a scale and not look, but still have it track is super helpful.  I am likely going to Apple Watch (or device that syncs with Apple Health better) and sell this scale and get a Writhing that syncs better.
------
eta:  I ended up abandoning the Fitbit brand altogether.  I moved over to Polar products.  I figured if they weren't going to sync anyway, I might as well get the most reliable products, and Polar is what I had before Fitbit.  I never had a single problem with it, it is waterproof so I can wear it in the pool, it tracks activity the same way, and when I need heartrate info during a workout, the band that goes with the Polar is so accurate it is the industry standard to test everything else.  I have had it for over a month now and am so relieved I moved over.  Everything from the battery life to the interface is SO much better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would love to see this feature!

Best Answer

This is a basic function you must implement. I have a wahoo scale and wahoo bike computer whose apps you also don't support. The only place i can integrate my data is in Health. I previously tried to order a fitbit scale via Amazon in China but am told delivery is impossible so I got the wahoo which can be sent. 

I believe you've made a conscious decision on business grounds not to support Health. In so doing you have done your customers a disservice. I use Fitbit, Garmin and wahoo devices because each has distinct advantages to cyclists and runners. For me my fitbit charge hr has the best health monitoring in the business. Garmin and Apple don't come close. But my charge doesnt do location, speed, cadence etc.

please continue making awesome products but do not restrict us to an inferior lifestyle if you cannot support all our needs. Give your customers a choice and then position yourself as the best option. (I still don't own an apple watch. It cannot match the other devices for my needs.)

Best Answer

They want ownership of our data. 

It also gives us the option to move to another tracker because the data is stored on apple's servers.

We bought a tracker but we don't own our own data. 

There must be a law against this. 

We have no way to store our data locally. It's their cloud or nothing

Best Answer

Well, I just made the mistake of purchasing the Fitbit Aria only to discover it does not function directly with Apple Health. It's going right back to the store. Based on a recent article (27 March 2017), Fitbit is not budging. So I'm taking my business elsewhere.

For clarification, I am not interested in a work-around, providing 3rd companies with any information/data, or adding an additional App to get an App to work with Apple.

https://michaelkummer.com/workaround-fitbit-support-health-app-healthkit/

Best Answer

Yes, I'm having the same discrepancy. And I can't figure out how to add the missing steps manually in the app or on the site. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fact that Fitbit data doesn't sync to Apple's Health app is intolerable! I just bough the Charge 2 because I wanted the continuous HR monitoring feature (Jawbone's Up3 only measures resting HR). I moved away from Jawbone products also because there is no product support whatsoever. Since I put my new Charge 2 on this morning, I've had the iPhone battery drained in record time, several failed attempts at syncing to the Apple health app with 3rd party apps, etc. In any case, reading through these posts, I've now got several ideas using Workflow or IFTTT to fix at least some of the issues. Is there a thread in the forum for 'best solution to syncing Fitbit data to the Apple Health app'...?

/Cajsa

Best Answer

Interestingly enough Fitbit does write data to several apps, but reads data from only a few. Interesting. I thought that I could perhaps pass my data through a connected app with both Apple and Fitbit - but alas I have failed :(.

Best Answer