Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459

Hi all,

I feel your pain. I am experiencing the same issue. I and couple of developer friends are developing a mobile app platform, which allows users to sync all their health and fitness data in one centralized place! No matter what wearable devices you have or what place you store data: our app allow you to sync data from Apple Health, Google Fit or Fitbit...etc.

How many of you have new year resolution for health and fitness and failed to keep? Our app will help you to solve that issue!

We are looking for alpha users to test our product. Please email me for the most updated information, and will be FREE! congtrinh.usc@gmail.com

Best Answer
Thank you, I sent an email!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just downloaded Fitbit Sync, I understand it copies over HR average once a day but where's the sleep pattern info? There's a sleep section on Healthkit but it just wants to play me a video and contains no data 😞

Best Answer

Great idea would be so helpful it’s not all just about Fitbit they should work with other apps and api after all its about the user 

Best Answer

Perhaps the good folks at Fitbit would be more interested if people were to tell them things that would affect their bottom line.  So here goes...

Not having Apple Health Integration is a MAJOR reason why I recommend to people NOT to buy it. (Psst, Fitness instructors like me get asked a lot of questions and you don't see a LOST SALE) 

Taking this long and not having Apple Health Integration is why I didn't replace my broken FitBit with another Fitbit. Bought an Apple watch INSTEAD.  (See, users like me are getting fed up with waiting and abandoning your company)

When my FitBit scale breaks, Fitbit WON'T GET MY MONEY to replace it.  Another company will.

But hey, they got my money to buy my FitBit and the Aria scale.  Perhaps they are content with that being all the cash they will get from me since the reports show that they sold the products with a great profit margin and now the company is worth a lot and maybe James Park and Eric Friedman are too busy doing whatever they are doing. I don't know what it is they are doing, but I can tell you that it isn't listening to the customers here.

Hint: 'community forum' ≠ customer support.

Best Answer

"Its unit sales were down significantly year-over-year as well. Last year in the second quarter Fitbit sold 5.7 million activity trackers. This year: 3.4 million devices." - TheVerge

No wonder why ...

I did not replace my broken Fitbit Charge HR because it doesn't sync with Apple Health.

Bought a Garmin Vivosmart 3 instead, witch is water proof and is fully integrated with Apple Health.

Best Answer

Jawbone went under because they thought they knew better than the customer. The reason I have a Fitbit is because Jawbone is no more. Sad to see Fitbit going down the same road by refusing to integrate with HealthKit. It's a great activity tracker but it has a limited shelf life if it can't integrate with the Apple ecosystem.

Best Answer

After just purchasing a FitBit charge 2 and realizing it does not save to Apple Health i have to unfortuantely return it 😞 I like how simple it feels but I plan on buying an Apple Watch and use a cheaper more sporty device that syncs with apple health for the gym.  i'll find something else.

Good luck all

Best Answer

I bought a charge2 before I find it doesn't sync with apple health app..., if I know earlier, I won't buy it... 

Best Answer

Is there still no real solution to this problem? C'mon Fitbit!! 

Best Answer

Too bad Fitbit doesn't care about its users. My Fitbit finally broke after less than 2 years, so I bought an apple watch to replace it, best decision ever, it's like 100 times better than Fitbit, and the price was actually about the same with fitbit smartwatch. You can get Apple Watch Series 1 for $200 when it's on sale. With the new apple watch coming, there will be more sales of the older model. So if anyone is still pissed with fitbit over this unresolved issue, just wait for the next apple watch sale 🙂

Best Answer
So funny.
I wanted to upgrade my fitbit to a gps based watch, so instead of fitbit I went to Garmin. Now I can actually swim with it and sync anything with it too!!!
Best thing I ever did.
Best Answer
The New Ionic Fitbit apparently has the answer it syncs up

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No it doesn't. I just checked it out, there is nothing that says it sync with healthkit. What people don't understand is, it's not the watch that sync to healthkit, but the fitbit app on your iPhone. They just need to make the fitbit app writes data to healthkit, which apparently they will never do because Fitbit wants your data forever locked in their platform, sucks! 

Best Answer

Nope. No fit bit device will sync with Apple health. It's the app that controls it and they refuse to synchronize it with apple health.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am new to fitbit, only used it about 2 weeks. 

It all looks well organized and seems easy to use to track my workouts and daily tracking.

What is lacking by not having Apple Heath integration? The app seems easy enough to use and monitor. 

Best Answer

If you just use fitbit that's fine to just use the fitbit app. I have a Withings smart scale, some people have other device collecting other data (eg, blood pressure, heart rate, weight, body fat, etc). If all these product don't share the data, it's really annoying if you have to go to different apps to see all your data. I want all my data to show up in one place, no matter what brand I use to collect the data. And Apple health app is where you can do that. Most other products integrate with Apple health, or Google health (if they use android). Only Fitbit does not!  That is what is really pissing off a lot of people here.  Fitbit does not want your data to go out of their platform ever.  But most other brands play well with each others, only Fitbit does not! That just shows what kind of company Fitbit is, and is enough for me to decide to never buy Fitbit product again.  

Best Answer
I agree Fitbit has a very clean UI and intuitive app, plus amazing with capturing step and sleep data...but missing the remainder of the full health picture like weight, calories consumed, blood pressure, etc....

As a matter of fact, Apple Health captures medications you take and can share in case of an emergency.

Fitbit might say they have other products and their app captures the same info, but definitely not to the same degree.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info, had no idea about other products and things syncing together. This is my first smart watch and new to it all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have actually installed Fitbit MobileTrack (as an additional device in my fitbit app on my phone) and it syncs alright with my Health steps.

Or was this thread about something else?

@DerrickS wrote:

Hi @Meshella

Fitbit does not currently have plans to integrate with HealthKit, but I would recommend up-voting and commenting on this feature suggestion in order to express your interest for the integration.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

@DerrickS wrote:

Hi @Meshella

Fitbit does not currently have plans to integrate with HealthKit, but I would recommend up-voting and commenting on this feature suggestion in order to express your interest for the integration.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes