Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459
But not what the maker says it will do so not working perfectly. Thanks for the deception.
Best Answer

In your opinion perhaps. As I said, it works perfectly for what I sync, and has done so for the length of time I have used it, so to state that it does not work in general is simply wrong.

It doesn't work for your sync needs, it does for mine. There are many alternatives and you are free to use or not use whichever ones you wish.

There are funner things to be doing than arguing over a $2.99 app on a Sunday though, so enjoy the rest of your day before it turns into Monday morning!

Best Answer

Thanks a lot everybody! I will try it. 

Do you know if it syncs the Fitbit Aria data as well? 

Ciao,

Daniela 

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Sync Solver" does and "Heakth Sync for Fitbit" appears to as well. I imagine most of them will as they all work in roughly the same fashion by connecting to the Fitbit website and then downloading the data to your phone and adding it to Apple Health.

One thing to be aware of though is that some of them can only Sync one data point per day (Sync Solver can only do this). That's fine for things like weight and steps and so on, but may not work so well for other readings such as heart rate.

For the apps to read all the data Fitbit stores on their servers they have to be granted "Partner" status by Fitbit, but I don't know which apps, if any, have this. I doubt Fitbit are in any hurry to grant any of them Partner permissions as Fitbit want to control all the data you upload so they can charge for their Premium access plan.

Best Answer

So, instead of utilizing a central location to distribute the data, FitBit expects each and every app to apply for status as a "partner".  Seems a little complicated to me.  

Best Answer
Me 2......
Best Answer

Hello to you all,

I accidentally found a workaround. I connected Fitbit with MyFitnessPal and MyFitnessPal with Health.

It not sync everything, what I noticed now, at first glimpse, is Steps and Distance. Weight and BodyFat I noticed it does not sync.

But maybe there are other apps that connect with Fitbit and Health and can put the data from one to another, I saw that Fitbit has a list of compatible apps, https://www.fitbit.com/partnership, maybe one can manage to transfer more data from Fitbit to Health.

Ionut

Best Answer
I think it's absurd that Fitbit has no plans to sync with Apple HealthKit. One of the biggest selling phones in the world -- probably a demographic that is more likely to have a fitness band -- and Fitbit basically blows them off?
I just upgraded to a Charge HR after two years of a Flex. Right now I'm thinking that my next upgrade will be to a different brand.
Best Answer
Everyone who wants this feature should leave 1 star reviews on their App telling them to add the feature. It's the only way we can get some of these App startups to listen to the consumer.
Best Answer

No more fitbit for me, for this very feature.

Best Answer

ONLY use Sync Solver for fitbit if you DONT have a fitbit device. It will overwrite any steps your device records. 

I actually am completely flummoxed that they even released the app like that, it's patently absurd.

Best Answer

I bought the fitbit to use it with Apples Health App, so I'll probably be returning this and getting the Nike Fuel instead. The fitbit app is just not good. 

Best Answer
Now with China brand Xiaomi can do it and it is cheaper then Fitbit for 100 times.

Time to be practical and time to move!!
Best Answer
I like Fitbit because it's tracking my heart rate. In October, I developed PVCs that haven't settled. I'm mostly interested in tying the heart rate and sleep patterns into Apple's health app so in case of an emergency, paramedics could use the emergency feature to access my health id.
Best Answer
I bought a Withings scale 4 years ago, which is excellent. Although I have made herculean affords to sync Fitbit software With Withings Fitbit isn't on the team. Withings easily syncs with Apples health application, and now provides me with years of progress data on my weight. Hope that helps with your decision about Aria
Best Answer

I recently switched from the Aria to the Withings scale too because of Fitbit's inability to share my data with Apple Health or Google Fit. I like the Aria, but I will no longer recommend one to someone as Fitbit have show no interest in playing nicely with the open APIs on Android and Apple phones. Rather than embracing user choice, they've decided to be greedy with the data they are collecting from me and lock it up in their servers.

Best Answer

Thanks a lot all!! 

I used sync solver and apparently did manage to sync the fitbit data!!

Especially the data fom Fitbit Aria is synced as well, which I was most interested.  

I lost my fitbit Charge HR. 

I am considering buying an Apple watch instead than a new fitbit 
But I intend to keep Aria. 

Btw, I bought a blood pressure monitor Whithings and the integration with Apple health is so much simpler... 

I agree with some of you, it´s unacceptable from Fitbit not to provide such an easy integration mean as well.. 

Ciao!! 

daniela 

Best Answer

Hello mnem, 

you´re right! 

However with sync solver you are able to sync Fitbit Aria woth Apple Health! 

How is it the Whithing scale? 

Ciao!

daniela 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works well. Straightforward to set up and the inital measurement was pretty much the same as the Aria (I was worried it'd add weight :). It works largely the same as the Aria - step on, it weighs and syncs over wifi, then the next time you open the Withings Health Mate app it stores the values in Apple Health too.

I bought the body analyser version (it was only £10 more expensive than the weighing only scale), so it records your heart rate as you step on as well as body fat. It also records the room temperature and CO2 levels every 30 minutes throughout the day. It's interesting to see what they are, but I'm not really sure if they tell me much 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Power sync app
New Jan 21 problems solved

Thank you
Best Answer