Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459
SyncSolver doesn't work anymore for me since late December 2015
Best Answer
Just did. Good idea but probably won't have an impact. Fitbit was good but now is a floundering product with much stronger competitors than it use to go up against. Wish I had bought withings scale instead of the aria.
Best Answer

There is another way to get some data from FitBit to Apple Health/HealthKit. I mainly wanted my weight that I input in to FitBit to sync with HealthKit.

I've connected MyFitnessPal (which I use to enter food info) to FitBit. And I've connected MyFitnessPal to HealthKit.

Now, FitBit writes my weight to MFP, and MFP writes it to HealthKit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought you might all like to know that Power Sync works perfectly.  It synced all my Charge HR data with Apple Health, including Heart Rate, weight, steps, distance, sleep analysis, etc.  Works perfectly.  I have an iPhone 6+.  And Power Sync is free.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1071544839

Thanks to Skotyb for pointing this app out.

Best Answer
That will never happen
You sync fitbit with fitbit app
And apple watch the apple watch app
Best Answer

Please just be honest. The Fitbit CEO has publicly stated you have no intentions of openeing-up an API integration with Apple, which technically is a VERY easy thing to do. I'm a software developer so I know. Asking people up-vote isn't going to help, unfortunately. I think your comment is just stringing people along and instilling false hope, unless your CEO changes his tune.

Best Answer

Hi TTU1973,

I don't know to whom your post was intended, I seem to be missing something here.  Regardless, although I would welcome Fitbit synching on its own with Apple Health, I have absolutely no problem using Power Sync to do so.  It's free, and available on the App Store.  Works like a charm, I sync my Fitbit data over to Apple Health about once a week. I can tell you, for instance, that over the last month I have a daily average of 7219 steps, 5.66 KM, and go up 14 flights of stairs.  Works like a charm, very easy to use (you open the app and hit Sync Now).

Best Answer

It was in response to the Moderator from FitBit on page one. I hit reply on his post, but apprently this forum doesn't tag the post you are replying to. Sorry for any confusion. 

Best Answer
It doesn't sync heart rate
Best Answer

Hi Wishful2016,

It does actually sync Heart Rate, that was the main thing I wanted to sync.  You do have to make sure it is turned on in the settings though.  Open up Apple Health - Sources - Power Sync, and look down the list of things it is capable of synching.  I am guessing that you will find Heart Rate in your list turned off.  Turn everything on, open up Power Sync, and click Sync Now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, my comment was referring to Sync Solver.

I just installed Power Sync and that works.

I now have three fitbit sync tools installed...
1 Sync Solver - no HR
2 Fitbit Sync - HR is available
3 Power Sync - HR is available

Need to remove/disable two of them - don't want my Health data numbers tripling up.

Deleting Sync Solver, that's a given...
Any thoughts on which one to use Fitbit Sync or Power Sync?

Thank you
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I would like to sync my health data with Apple Health. How can I do it? Most other trackers do. 

Best Answer

I installed the fit bit app on my ios phone.  Now the app is picking up the steps from the ios health dashboard/pedometer instead of my fitbit.  Anyway to make the fitbit app ignore the pedometer on the phone.  I do not always carry my phone during exercise.

Best Answer
So disappointed the Fitbit doesn't integrate with Apple HealthKit. There is absolutely no excuse for this. I guess Apple Watch here I come.
Best Answer

Solutions:
1 Sync Solver - no HR
2 Fitbit Sync - HR is available
3 Power Sync - HR is available
Best Answer
Power sync works like a charm, syncs everything on one click, is free, am happy.
Best Answer
I don't understand how Fitbit can release something so incompatible with everyday devices. I'm frustrated that I would have to purchase any additional products considering how much I paid for the Fitbit. Not happy with this product at all!
Best Answer
Power Sync didn't work well at all. Changed the time in my apple health and didn't sync the information over to Fitbit. Waste of time.
Best Answer
A couple of months ago I posted my critique of the Fitbit policy of not allowing the results of their hardware to be synced with Apple and other companies health and fitness apps. Just following up...

Many supportive comments have me conclude I am not alone in my disappointment with Fitbit's software self righteousness.

Ok.... If Fitbit doesn't want their hardware to play the software of others', then at least Fitbit should make their software as good, or better than their competition's!

For example, when I use my Withing's software, I can expand and contract a time period however I want simply by using the tap and stretch features of my iPhone... Can't do that with any Fitbit part of the app... Or, how about being able to link months so they are continuous in the heart rate graphs... Or, why not simply put a time scale on x-axis of the sleep graphs, so one can tell when sleep events happened...???!!!

Fitbit's hardware is great, but their software... Well... Is stuck in the 80's!!!

If they shared, they would have a better product.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Per reviews on the app store, it looks like SyncSolver doesnt work anymore since the iOS 9 update. 😞 

Also, FYI to anyone else reading - it s $2.99

Best Answer