Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459
Please integrate Fitbit with iPhone health app!!!
Best Answer
I just found out that my new Alta is incompatible with Apple's Health app. Guess I'm sending it back. No use to me now.
Best Answer
@Surfmonkey good idea. I'm getting rid of mine. There are so many issues with accuracy and so many features it fails to provide. If I strictly wanted a pedometer I would have kept the free one from McDonald's
Best Answer
Use the Fitbit app. It's better COZ it has social features and full access to Fitbit features

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Benjh397 I like the FitBit app, as well. However, the HealthKit App is a central hub for other apps to share the data. The wellness app for my insurance uses this hub. I'm forced to enter my data manually or expose it to a third party.

So, which makes more sence: my wellness app trys to be compatible with every possible tracker app and every possible tracker app trys to be compatible with every possible wellness app, OR, they all sync to a central hub there by making all compatible with each other in one step.

FitBit already does this with health vault.

They have given no reason for their lack of integration HeathKit.

The integration would not stop me from using the FitBit app. HealthKit's dashboard is not that great. It's the ability to transfer data that I'm looking for.  This, of course, is one of the issues the moderators never address.

Best Answer
I let my Fitbit update to a pc only and manually update the insurance/wellness site. If I open Fitbit app on my iPhone it updates from the health app and does not match the Fitbit I wear. I tried using the power sync app. it makes the numbers different but still does not match the Fitbit on my belt. If I would wear the phone during exercise the numbers would match but then I wouldn't need the Fitbit?
Best Answer
What exactly was the problem with sync solver? Hard time believing that you are not promoting without some facts to what was wrong. Thanks for providing the name update. Will check it out.
Best Answer
It needs to such with iPhone natively. If not I WILL switch to an iWatch when it gets to a 3D generation or so
Best Answer
Yeah I think I will be switching as well. Unfortunate.
Best Answer

Hi Laneh,

Try Power Sync.  It's free, and at least for me, works perfectly to sync all of my Charge HR data from the app to Apple Health.  After you install it, you will find it under Sources in the Apple Health app.  Select it and make sure all categories are on (or select what you want to sync).  That's it, it only requires a one-time setup.  Then after you have synced your Fitbit to your iPhone, launch Power Sync and choose Sync Now.

Works like a charm, I do a quick power sync every time I finish my Fitbit sync.

As an aside, there could be 100 different reasons Fitbit doesn't natively sync to Apple Health.  I think it is likely that Apple charges for that ability in order to make competitive products less desirable when compared to the far more expensive iWatch.  Just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me.  As a software developer for more than 20 years, I have seen every reason under the sun for something seeminly good, not happening.

Best Answer

My employer also requires Healthy Now.  Your advice using Power Sync worked flawlessly.  I am using IOS Version 9.3.1.  I downloaded the Power Sync App today when I tried to sync it crashed initially.  Then I turned off my iphone after it crashed and restarted. Turning off all permissions except Steps, I just synced those first.  It worked.  Then I synced th other permissios one by one.  My feeling is there was too much information in the fitbit app to sync all at once.  I could be wrong, but after doing this it all synced. Thanks for the help.  This saves a lot of time manually entering the information!!

Best Answer
My Fitbit app isn't synching with the apple health info. I have it all set up with the phone teaching. I have an iwatch and the data syncs with the iPhone health data. I have over 10k steps for today, yet my Fitbit dashboard says I only have 5k and the challenge I'm in is reporting only 300!!!
Best Answer
I would also love to see my Fitbit synch with the Health App from Apple.
Best Answer

You guys do realize that as soon as Apple released the Apple Watch, they became a direct competitor with Fitbit, right? Therefore, the chances of any compatibility outside of the fitbit app working on an iPhone is super slim.  

Carpe Noctem
Best Answer
Mine worked fine till I got the new Fitbit Blaze now it won't work and I'm new to iPhone, so I'm losing my mind because I can't get Fitbit to request the ability to read and write on the health app. At this point I have no idea what to do.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My health app won't show options in sources. I'm losing my mind
Best Answer
0 Votes

Power Sync keeps crashing on my iOS 9.3.1 iPhone6s

I found another free solution here, it's called Sync Helper, works like a charm.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sync-helper-for-fitbit/id1097010181?mt=8 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please update fitbit so it will sink with the health app on iPhone.
Best Answer
I'm using health sync it's in the App Store. It's working so far
Best Answer

I started using Power Sync which is free and it seems to sync all the fitbit data to iOS Health app fine.

Hopfully they make fitbit more compatable with other apps. I also sync fitbit with my DICK'S app to earn reward points for sporting goods 😄

KING_B
Best Answer
0 Votes