Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address rejected at setup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I tried to set up my fit bit flex but was using either the wrong app or trying with the wrong fitbit device. I uninstalled it from mi iphone. Now, using the correct app, for the flex, it won't accept my email address because the app says that it's already in use. What can I do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Hello @Gramma2, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see you too @Lorainewright, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us with as many details as possible. Please keep in mind that if you have access to the email address you're trying to use to create your Fitbit account, please reset the password for that account and check your email for a Fitbit email that will let you change your password. If you do not get the email, check the spam/junk folder. With the new password, you will be able to access that account and set up your device here, note that you don't need to create a new account if you're setting up a new device. 

I hope this helps, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will not let be join in my Fitbit because it says that my email is already take I can’t get in my Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem solved..........I bought a new fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Barack123 and @1128mags, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@Barack123, I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@1128mags, please note that if your email address has already been used to set up a Fitbit account and you still have access to that particular email address, you can reset the password for that account. Then with the new password and the email address you can access to your account. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

The message says email already in use. I deleted my first Fitbit account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me register my new Fitbit on the same email address 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this several times and it ask which device are you setting up i select the device and it ask for email info i put in the info and it says email in use by other account I do not want continually change email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fedupandtired,

Welcome to the community!

When you run the Fitbit App, pick 'Log in' instead of 'Create Account'.  You should be able to use your existing account.

I hope this works.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes