Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error (networkbitkit.HttpError error 1) when trying to log in.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys,

my charge 2 didn't sync since last night so I deleted the app and reinstalled and now I get this error

"The operation couldn't be completed (networkbitkit.HttpErroe error 1)" when I try to log on. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ismail22, I hope you're having a great day, welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, at this moment I would like to suggest you to to go to your phone settings and turn off WiFi. Then, try to log in to the Fitbit app again. If you're able to log in, turn on WiFi once again, if not, please reply to me so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hello @ismail22, I hope you're having a great day, welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, at this moment I would like to suggest you to to go to your phone settings and turn off WiFi. Then, try to log in to the Fitbit app again. If you're able to log in, turn on WiFi once again, if not, please reply to me so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

It worked, thank u Marco!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  Your recommendation worked, but wish that Fitbit had some way of letting people know.

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tango_Montreal, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @ismail22, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad you both have now been able to log in to your accounts, I understand your concern @Tango_Montreal, we certainly don't expect these issues to happen and our team is working towards a prompt and proper solution so you don't have to turn off WiFi every time you want to log in. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn’t work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

@A_melia This error messages often has to do with the wifi network. If you try another network or use cellular data, can you log in? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved

@ismail22 wrote:

Hi guys,

my charge 2 didn't sync since last night so I deleted the app and reinstalled and now I get this error

"The operation couldn't be completed (networkbitkit.HttpErroe error 1)" when I try to log on. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting this same message tonight on my Fitbit Charge 2. It wasn’t syncing so I deleted the app, and when I tried to sign in, I got this error. 

I’ve also tried restarting my phone several times, deleting the app a second time, turning off the Bluetooth to sign in and turning the WiFi off to try and sign in. Nothing has worked. 

Best Answer

I don't think this is solved.  I'm having the same issues after updating to iOS12.1.2 today.  I'm getting the same error even after trying all the proposed solutions.

Best Answer

I am in the exact same boat with my app. I get this error message. I have tried to log in with and without both WiFi and Bluetooth. Restarted my phone and the app. It won’t let me log in on the app but it wlll on the online version with the same password. I didn’t have an issue until my daughter’s ace would not sync (on the same device as my Charge 2) and I chose to log out. Now I can’t do anything! Help! 

Best Answer

Me too! I’m completely locked out. I don’t get an error message it just keeps reloading the same welcome page. I’m very annoyed!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem (unable to sign in on the iPhone app) after updating to IOS 12..1.2 today. I tried updating FitBit app,, deleted it, reinstalled app. Rebooted and tried with wifi turned off. Still getting error message: Oops, something went wrong. Please try again. The operation couldn’t be completed. (Networkbit.HTTPError 1,)

I’m sure the stored sign-in info is correct. Able to see signed in dashboard through iPad Safari browser but it hasn’t updated in hours.

Best Answer

Replying to myself. After about 10 attempts, this suddenly started working again (with wifi off).I did, however lose the data from my iPhone (while Fitbit was charging all afternoon) from having uninstalled the app.  Seems to be working with wifi switched back on now.  Explanation, please?

@JaneStarr wrote:

I have the same problem (unable to sign in on the iPhone app) after updating to IOS 12..1.2 today. I tried updating FitBit app,, deleted it, reinstalled app. Rebooted and tried with wifi turned off. Still getting error message: Oops, something went wrong. Please try again. The operation couldn’t be completed. (Networkbit.HTTPError 1,)

I’m sure the stored sign-in info is correct. Able to see signed in dashboard through iPad Safari browser but it hasn’t updated in hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is working now too!

Thank you,
Emily Carrington
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s now working for me too. (Worked On WiFi.) I’m glad it’s resolved but would still like to know:

1) What caused it... and 

2) Will it happen again the next time there might be any updates?

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know your issue has now been resolved. Please note that we can't pinpoint the cause of the issue, if you have recently updated the Fitbit, please force-quit it and restart your phone to clean the previous installation. Additionally, if you have enabled a child-block or a VPN on your WiFi network, this might affect the functionality of the Fitbit app. 

Thanks again for letting us know your issue has been resolved, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting the same error but I cant turn off wifi because that is all I have with my iPAD. This just started happening and have been using this fitbit for a long time. My router may have gotten a new firmware version/update. Could it be blocking this HTTP address since its not a secure HTTPS app install?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @m14burke, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know you're also experiencing this situation. At this moment, I would like to ask you to update the Fitbit app on your iPad, then try to log in. If you're still unable to, connect to a different WiFi Network and try to log in again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn’t work for me, I have tried without WiFi, turned off Bluetooth, tried with another WiFi network, still get the same error.  I can connect through my iPad but not through the iPhone.

UPDATE:

Didn’t work for me, I have tried without WiFi, turned off Bluetooth, tried with another WiFi network, still get the same error.  I can connect through my iPad but not through the iPhone.

also having a problem in posting this reply, getting another error message asking me to try later!

Best Answer
0 Votes