Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when loading an activity (Web/IOS)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would check an activity but shows error via iOS app or web gui.

ios app keeps loading.

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/10186152293

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hello @Phantasie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Thanks for joining us @Hiker7907, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and I understand your concern about this issue that's affecting long activities, however at this moment I don't have a specific timeframe for when this situation will be resolved. Our team is actively working towards a prompt and proper resolution but the difficulty of some issues make the process longer than expected. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding, once I have more information to share with you, I'll make sure to post it here in the official forums. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing has happened to me as described above! 26.88 mile walk not loading, only basic date on the app and a small map with error message when I try to view the details. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m getting the exact same issue for a 22 mile walk yesterday. Would very much appreciate a solution soon! Am hoping to complete other longer walks in the future and have bought the more expensive ionic for its gps capabilities! It’s really disappointing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sarah_smith1409 and @Selm88, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you. As mentioned earlier, our team is still working towards a solution for the issue that's affecting long exercises in the Fitbit app and the online Dashboard. Once I have an update about this issue, I'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Two of my ten days rrio can not be loaded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SteveSHC, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know you're also experiencing this issue. As mentioned earlier, once I have more information about the progress of this issue, I'll make sure to post it in the official Forums. 

Thanks again for your report, in the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't hold your breath, everyone.  The fact that this issue has persisted for nearly a year now (based solely on this thread -- probably longer to be honest) with barely a hint of resolution should tell you all you need to know.  The fact that this cannot be resolved within that time frame is absolutely flabbergasting.  It's not a difficult issue, and these aren't overwhelmingly large data sets, even for an all-day activity.  There is absolutely no excuse for it not only remaining unresolved, but for Fitbit only spouting completely meaningless platitudes at us.

I have zero optimism about the direction of Fitbit given their inability to deal with this issue.  As soon as my Charge HR2 dies (which shouldn't be long-- the screen is cracked in 4 places and the band falls off daily), I'll be happily moving to a different platform that is actually supported.

Best Answer

I don’t think this is size issue.  I have larger activity and loaded successfully.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hiker7907 and @SteveSHC, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and voiced your opinion about this matter. Please note that some issues may take longer than others to be resolved and our team is always working towards resolving them. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused but at this moment I don't have a specific timeframe for when this issue will be resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had the same issue today. Really disappointing for my kids, as it's probably the longest and toughest hike they've achieved to date, and I told them I was tracking it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Disfocus, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having taken the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you. Even though I don't have a specific timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, our team is actively looking for a prompt and proper resolution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly I believe all users in this thread have been very patient in waiting for a solution...

Multiple months for an issue first reported over a year ago.

Every new report of the same issue is replied to with "the team" is investigating it, and there will be a solution "promptly".

Please offer some transparency to your users/ customers. Is there a roadmap/timeframe/... by when fitbit will actually fix this? If there is not maybe you can officially communicate that it is not foreseen. It's a bit like the additional red light HR sensors which are also still to be activated on the ionic.

Empty promises...

Best Answer

100% agree with the poster above. 

Basically I paid $300+ to have a high end fitness watch randomly fail to provide me data for the hard workouts I bought it for.

I work in dev. I get things take time. But having this go on for a year with the same canned response isnt fair. I also get the community member posting here is only doing his/her best, when the reality is the dev team and/or project managers arent prioritizing this fix (why? we've paid for the product, they have our money, and its unlikely new users would even realize this issue. This is why we keep posting about it...)

Best Answer

If the fitbit can’t fix the problem, can we at least down load the raw dara before going through the app function ?  What is the raw data format look like ?  Is it in xml ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My workaround still exist in using my old runkeeper account... I keep it synched up with fitbit since somehow my large activities which cause issues on both fitbit and Strava did sync successfully to runkeeper. From runkeeper I export the data and re-import it to Strava.

Luckily I don't have to many extra large /long activities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to provide your feedback. Please keep in mind that some issues are more difficult to resolve than others and they might take a bit longer than expected to be resolved. Be sure that our team is actively working towards resolving them but it will be irresponsible on my part to provide a specific timeframe for when the issue will be resolved. Once we have more information to share, we'll do it through the official Forums.

Once again, I appreciate your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here...very frustrating.  This needs to be a priority.  (this and the GPS losing its signal)  Otherwise I honestly love my Ionic which makes these issues even more frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jamaburr, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to see new faces around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having voiced your feedback. Please note that as mentioned earlier, our team is still working towards a resolution for this issue but give you a specific timeframe will be irresponsible on my side as some issues take longer than expected to be resolved and I don't want to give false expectations. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with an 8h hike. Not being able to access the data was very disappointing and seeing that it's been a known problem for over a year doesn't give me much hope that it'll ever be solved. I don't think I'll trust my Fitbit to record long hikes from now on.

I've looked at the HTTP request and response when trying to see the hike in a browser and I can confirm that the problem is a timeout as the error code received is 504 (gateway timeout). Could you please pass this on to your engineers? Would it be possible to increase the timeout?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BeaVM, thanks for joining the conversation and chimed in on this situation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for the information you have shared with us. I'll make sure to forward it to our development team so they can take it in consideration. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes