Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when loading an activity (Web/IOS)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would check an activity but shows error via iOS app or web gui.

ios app keeps loading.

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/10186152293

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Just chiming in to say that I have the same issue. Clearly Fitbit lacks the desire and/or competence to fix this problem, or they would have been done already.

In the meantime, does anybody have a workaround that will let me download the raw GPS data? As far as I can tell, the only place to download the TCX is the page that gives me an error. I tried exporting all my data, but it's all JSON files, no TCX to be found.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lrschaeffer, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for voicing your feedback about this situation. Please note that our team has recently made changes in the way Fitbit data is exported. Now if you'd like to export your GPS data as a TCX file, please follow these steps:

You can export GPS data to a Training Center XML (TCX) file. TCX files display GPS data as activities and track heart rate, calories, and other data. You can upload TCX files to applications including Strava and Google Earth.

To export GPS data:

1. From your fitbit.com dashboard, click Log > Activities, or go directly to https://www.fitbit.com/activities.
  2. In your Activity History, find the activity with GPS data that you want to export and click the View Details button.
  3. Click the three dots and choose Export as TCX file. The file is in your Downloads folder.
    User-added image

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit,

The problem we are experiencing is that there is an error when we try to see the details of some activities (the long ones, because there's a timeout when retrieving the data) so we can't export the TCX file.

It'd be great to get that fixed. 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right, exactly what @BeaVM said. I can click "View Details" in Step 2, but then the page loads with the error and there is no three dot button to click!

I managed to get my track by connecting the device to Strava, which pulled the track from the device. Hopefully that's helpful to anyone else who lands on this thread, but you have to act quickly, while the data is still fresh on the device. Do not wait for Fitbit to fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BeaVM, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. it's nice to see you too @lrschaeffer, I hope you're doing well. 

I appreciate you have come back and let us know what you've experienced. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again,

I asked about this via email too and the reply says it may not be possible to fix the problem soon and Fitbit will just continue to monitor the situation.

A workaround for my particular case would be to let us export TCX data from the mobile apps and I was asked to write it up as a feature suggestion, which is now here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Export-TCX-from-mobile-apps/idi-p/3116379#M19345...

It won't solve all the issues but please vote it up if you'd find it useful.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BeaVM, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let us know what our Support Team told you. Thanks for having posted a feature suggestion and added it on your latest reply, I'm sure many people will find it helpful. 

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply

Best Answer
0 Votes